Advertisement
  • Announcements

• Lindsay

A Reminder that we are a PG13 Site   12/09/2016

Please keep in mind that NO content can be posted that is not PG13!  No sexual content and definitely not images which is not permitted in a post! We will delete it.  Not even memes or humorous images should be posted, if you want these forums to continue. NO IMAGES! If you want to post an image, post the URL pointing it to your gallery.  Again, Depressionforums.org is PG13!! Thank you~ ~Forum Admin  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sakuraxsunrise

Can I Take Two 150Mg Xl Tablets To Equal 300Mg Xl?

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Advertisement

My doctor just wrote me a prescription for 300mg xl tablets, but my mom wants me to use the rest of the pills from my 150xl tabs.

Has anyone ever taken 2 150xl tabs to equal the 300 ones?

And if I am allowed to take two of them should I take them at the same time?

Thanks in advance.

You might also be interested in:

Posted

I don't see why you couldn't take 2. Just to be sure you could call your pharmacist and check with your PDoc.

Posted

Well I read something that said take the other tab 12 hrs apart so that's why I'm a little confused.

Posted

Well I read something that said take the other tab 12 hrs apart so that's why I'm a little confused.

There are two types of Wellbutrin that are released over a period of time. Generally SR and XL or XR mean the same thing as well.

Wellbutrin SR as a 2 times daily dosing, so at equal intervals it would be released around 10 hours apart

Wellbutrin XL is a once a day dosing.

I have heard of people taking 2x150 XL a day. They should act the same as one in regards as to what is released which time after taking it.

You may want to check with your pdoc/a pharmacist though.

Posted (edited)

If its Wellbutrin XL or XR then answer is yes, absolutely. Non-extended release form ( SR) is not intented to be taken in such a large dose at once, anyway. So, if its XR/XL take 2 in the morning, if its SR than take one pill twice a day.

Edited by Getwell

Posted

If its Wellbutrin XL or XR then answer is yes, absolutely. Non-extended release form ( SR) is not intented to be taken in such a large dose at once, anyway. So, if its XR/XL take 2 in the morning, if its SR than take one pill twice a day.

Thanks so much everyone :3