Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Can I Take Two 150Mg Xl Tablets To Equal 300Mg Xl?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sakuraxsunrise

sakuraxsunrise

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 02:31 PM

My doctor just wrote me a prescription for 300mg xl tablets, but my mom wants me to use the rest of the pills from my 150xl tabs.
Has anyone ever taken 2 150xl tabs to equal the 300 ones?
And if I am allowed to take two of them should I take them at the same time?
Thanks in advance.

#2 CherylW

CherylW

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:39 PM

I don't see why you couldn't take 2. Just to be sure you could call your pharmacist and check with your PDoc.

#3 sakuraxsunrise

sakuraxsunrise

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:25 PM

Well I read something that said take the other tab 12 hrs apart so that's why I'm a little confused.

#4 HelenLlama

HelenLlama

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:01 PM

Well I read something that said take the other tab 12 hrs apart so that's why I'm a little confused.

There are two types of Wellbutrin that are released over a period of time. Generally SR and XL or XR mean the same thing as well.
Wellbutrin SR as a 2 times daily dosing, so at equal intervals it would be released around 10 hours apart
Wellbutrin XL is a once a day dosing.
I have heard of people taking 2x150 XL a day. They should act the same as one in regards as to what is released which time after taking it.
You may want to check with your pdoc/a pharmacist though.

#5 Getwell

Getwell

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 01:39 AM

If its Wellbutrin XL or XR then answer is yes, absolutely. Non-extended release form ( SR) is not intented to be taken in such a large dose at once, anyway. So, if its XR/XL take 2 in the morning, if its SR than take one pill twice a day.

Edited by Getwell, 15 May 2011 - 01:40 AM.

#6 sakuraxsunrise

sakuraxsunrise

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:29 AM

If its Wellbutrin XL or XR then answer is yes, absolutely. Non-extended release form ( SR) is not intented to be taken in such a large dose at once, anyway. So, if its XR/XL take 2 in the morning, if its SR than take one pill twice a day.

Thanks so much everyone :3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users