Advertisement

Scheduled Maintenance:

Please be aware that depressionforums will be down for a short period beginning from 02:00 EST (07:00 GMT) on Sunday 21st December for necessary maintenance. We apologise for the inconvenience and it should only take about 45 minutes.

• No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Sertraline And Urination

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Cat80

Cat80

ID: 15441

• PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:09 AM

I've been on 50mg of Sertraline now for 2 weeks. I've noticed recently I have been peeing loads, I have been 3 times in the last hour and I've only drunk one latte. It's been happening since the tablets have got into my system more and I am just wondering if it's a side effect or if it could be something else? I am really tried as well but again I know that is the tablets.

#2 MaddieLouise

MaddieLouise

ID: 17288

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:03 PM

Cat80,

I don't believe that frequent urination is considered a common side effect for Sertraline, however that doesn't mean you aren't having this type of response to it. I know it can cause dry mouth, which in turn might make you drink more water. Have you been drinking more water or other drinks or have you just had the latte?

If you are urinating that frequently, I'd be sure to rehydrate by drinking more water (although that may sound like it's defeating the point, right?)

Sincerely,

MaddieLouise

I've been on 50mg of Sertraline now for 2 weeks. I've noticed recently I have been peeing loads, I have been 3 times in the last hour and I've only drunk one latte. It's been happening since the tablets have got into my system more and I am just wondering if it's a side effect or if it could be something else? I am really tried as well but again I know that is the tablets.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 Cat80

Cat80

• PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 05:57 AM

Thanks for the reply MaddieLouise. I do have the dry mouth definately. I drink a lot of water and pop (and my latte about twice a week) but don't think it's much more than before I started the tablets. I'm hoping things settle down as it's annoying having to find a loo when out or not drinking too much so you don't have to keep rushing to the loo.

#4 Ally29

Ally29

Just Registered

ID: 62774

• Just Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:42 AM

Hi Cat80

I've been on 50mg sertraline for less than a week and I've had the same problem!! Like 1 glass of water = 3/4 trips to the bathroom!

My doctor said that can be a side effect and not to worry as it usually becomes less and less after the first few weeks on the tablets but, as MaddieLouise says, drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration.

Hope this helps :)

Ally29

#5 MaddieLouise

MaddieLouise

ID: 17288

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:50 PM

Hi Cat80

I've been on 50mg sertraline for less than a week and I've had the same problem!! Like 1 glass of water = 3/4 trips to the bathroom!

My doctor said that can be a side effect and not to worry as it usually becomes less and less after the first few weeks on the tablets but, as MaddieLouise says, drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration.

Hope this helps :)

Ally29

I would go more with your Dr.'s advice than with mine by all means. I'm glad he didn't have you drop the med. to try something else yet. My suggestion for drinking water comes more from your feeling dry mouthed. Of course, there are other meds. that might cause this too.
Do you take any decongestants? Those will really give you dry mouth. Sincerely, MaddieLouise
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 Cat80

Cat80

• PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:59 AM

I am still weeing a lot, so annoying as I used to be able to go into town for a couple of hours and not need the loo, even after a latte. Now I can go into town and have to go to the loo a couple of times.

Have looked online and seems to be a side effect but not one of the most common ones. Typical that I get the worst ones, just my life lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users