Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

50Mg To 100Mg Pristiq Today

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pocop007

pocop007

ID: 60400

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:25 AM

Hello everyone, I have been taking Pristiq 50mg for exactly 1 month now and just returned from seeing my doctor. He asked me how it was working for me for my depression and my anxiety. For my depression it has been pretty good but not so much for my anxiety as I still have racing thoughts here and there. After discussing certain things with my doctor he decided to increase my dose from 50mg to 100mg and he said that hes pretty confident that the 100 mg will reduce the anxiety significantly and my depression will even get better than it has already gotten.

My question is pretty much what should I expect here with this adjusted dosage? When will I begin to feel the 100mg is it going to take another 4-8 weeks or because the 50mg has already been in my system for a month will I adjust to the newer dosage faster? Also, will there be any worse side effects, I was fairly lucky that I did not get to many side effects from the 50mg aside from insomnia which is pretty much it.

One more thing, I read countless articles on the internet about Pristiq and other peoples blogs and reviews about the medication. Some say that Pristiq is not as effective at a higher dose and others say that the norepinephrine in the drug comes more into play at a higher dose such as 100mg.

Wish me luck and I will keep everyone posted on my progress with the increased dose.

#2 pocop007

pocop007

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:46 PM

The anxiety either has gotten worse or this is all in my head. I just got back from a trip I was in Punta Cana and the first 4 days were hell I felt so depressed and things got a lot better towards the end (about 3.5 weeks after starting the Pristiq at 50mg) I saw my doctor today and immediatly after starting the 100mg dose I felt fine just like I did towards the end of my trip. I think I am scaring myself with all the negativity I read about Pristiq at the 100mg dose. Anyone else have success with 100mg? Something that REALLY scares me is that a lot of people had pristiq work for them for about 1-6 months then it pooped out of them which is what I dont want happening to me because Iv been feeling this way for 4 months now and am impatient with meds working and also losing some hope. If 50mg seemed to be doing something for me 3.5 weeks in then I guess I have to fight through these next 2 seide effect weeks of 100mg.

Feeling blah and sad:( please help

#3 pocop007

pocop007

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:01 PM

I have been on Pristiq 50mg for a month and my pdoc upped my dose to 100mg about a week ago. I started feeling better towards the end of the 4 weeks on Pristiq before my doctor upped my dose but I am not sure if that was just a series of 2 good days that I had or if the meds were indeed working. I know that when I was upped to 100mg I was suppose to expect some kind of side effects again such as nausea, dizziness etc which I did experience but you would also think that the 50mg that has been in my system for longer than a month now would be WORKING still and that the 100mg would work in another 3 weeks or so. I just dont get it I feel like giving up even though I wont. Been feeling this way since december and I just want to have that motivation back and not feel so lethargic and unhappy with my life everytime I wake out of bed. Wouldn't you think that since the 50mg has been in my system for about 5 weeks now it should be doing something regardless of the upped dose to 100mg? I fear that if I wait this out another month or so to allow the 100mg to fully be in my system I will be disappointed because I will still be lethargic and not happy (meaning the AD is not helping with anxiety or depression) and I will have to be tapered off Pristiq and yet again try something else which will take another 4-6 weeks to kick in, I am sick of waiting and am wondering if this feeling that I have now is normal and if one day it will just hit me over night and I will wake up feeling like my old self again...

Thanks for listening

#4 jimbow15

jimbow15

Platinum Member

ID: 35694

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,241 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:57 PM

Hi pocop007,

It can take a while for the effective dose to kick in. Everyone is so different to how quickly they respond, usually due to metabolism.

You really need to give the upped dose a full 4 weeks to see if you feel any different , as it is a gradual process. It took me 10 weeks initially for my AD to kick in effectively.

Go and see your Doctor if you do not feel better soon.

Best Wishes

Jim Bow
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed." Albert E.

Information supplied on Depression Forums by members should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for medical advice from a health professional or doctor.

#5 pocop007

pocop007

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:41 PM

Hey everyone

I woke up today and am feeling the worst I have felt in id say a month or so. I was on Pristiq 50mg for a month up until a week ago when my dosage was upped to 100mg and I guess I have been going through side effects all over again I can't really tell if they are side effects or if I feel super depressed and lost hope in that this AD will work for me. SHOULDN'T the pristiq BE working for me if I have been on the 50mg dose for about 5 weeks now? regardless of the upped dose I know that will take another 4 weeks to kick in but SHOULDNT the 50mg be working for me still? I mean just because the dosage was uppse it shouldnt mean that the 50mg which has been in my system for over 5 weeks should not be doing anything... I have been feeling un motivated to the point where my life consists of doing NOTHING because all I ever do is wake up at 2pm, stay inside all day and watch tv, moap around and think about my depression I obsess over it, I am sometimes on the internet for 5 hours a day reading up about pristiq and If I will ever feel like the normal me again. My pdoc told me that he is almost certain that this upped dose will do the trick and I will feel better he said give it 4 weeks, I have only given it one but I am still curious as to why the 50mg dosnt feel like it is working..... I just need some answers here either by pristiq users or from AD pros, i am deffinetly going to stay on Pristiq and give it the full 4-6 weeks to work but I should be feeling something by now being on the 50mg dosage for over 5 weeks no? UGHHHHHH

#6 pocop007

pocop007

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:50 PM

Hey everyone

I woke up today and am feeling the worst I have felt in id say a month or so. I was on Pristiq 50mg for a month up until a week ago when my dosage was upped to 100mg and I guess I have been going through side effects all over again I can't really tell if they are side effects or if I feel super depressed and lost hope in that this AD will work for me. SHOULDN'T the pristiq BE working for me if I have been on the 50mg dose for about 5 weeks now? regardless of the upped dose I know that will take another 4 weeks to kick in but SHOULDNT the 50mg be working for me still? I mean just because the dosage was uppse it shouldnt mean that the 50mg which has been in my system for over 5 weeks should not be doing anything... I have been feeling un motivated to the point where my life consists of doing NOTHING because all I ever do is wake up at 2pm, stay inside all day and watch tv, moap around and think about my depression I obsess over it, I am sometimes on the internet for 5 hours a day reading up about pristiq and If I will ever feel like the normal me again. My pdoc told me that he is almost certain that this upped dose will do the trick and I will feel better he said give it 4 weeks, I have only given it one but I am still curious as to why the 50mg dosnt feel like it is working..... I just need some answers here either by pristiq users or from AD pros, i am deffinetly going to stay on Pristiq and give it the full 4-6 weeks to work but I should be feeling something by now being on the 50mg dosage for over 5 weeks no? UGHHHHHH

can I please get someones advice on this? I wish the right answer here was that increasing an ADs dosage is like starting that specific AD all over again and that I shouldnt expect to feel any better until 6-8 weeks that would put my mind at ease because right now I am thinking that the Pristiq is not doing what it should and I will be like this for a long time. Thanks

#7 lindahurt

lindahurt

Platinum Member

ID: 53269

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,474 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:03 PM

Hey everyone

can I please get someones advice on this? I wish the right answer here was that increasing an ADs dosage is like starting that specific AD all over again and that I shouldnt expect to feel any better until 6-8 weeks that would put my mind at ease because right now I am thinking that the Pristiq is not doing what it should and I will be like this for a long time.

Thanks

pocop07

I personally don't think it would take a med you are already taking very long for you to start feeling greater benefits. I normally feel positive results with 3 or 4 days after a med has been increased. Meds effect me right away. It has always been that way for me. With some people it may take a little longer.

The 50mg may not have been enough for you to experience a significant change for you. Meds effect us differently. But hopefully you will see some improvement since it has been increased to 100mg which is double the original.

Lindahurt
Even in the most horrific of situations, one's attitude has an enormous role in shaping what happens ~ Viktor Frankl
In you lies the power to choose, to commit - Stephen Convey

The kind of person you want to become is greatly influence by your inner decisions, and not from outside influence alone. We can even under adverse circumstances, decide what shall become of us ~ Brian C. Stiller

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users