Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Wellbutrin And Hydrodone/acetaminophen?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sakuraxsunrise

sakuraxsunrise

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 08:38 PM

I just started taking wellbutrin xl 150mg on saturday, but I have chronic pain that comes off and on and I was prescribed hydrocodone by my dr. and forgot to tell my psychiatrist about the hydrocodone. Would it be alright to take both? Or has anyone else been prescribed both?
I usually only take half a tablet every 6 hours, if that helps.
Thanks so much.

#2 sakuraxsunrise

sakuraxsunrise

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:59 PM

I just started taking wellbutrin xl 150mg on saturday, but I have chronic pain that comes off and on and I was prescribed hydrocodone by my dr. and forgot to tell my psychiatrist about the hydrocodone. Would it be alright to take both? Or has anyone else been prescribed both?
Thanks so much.

The pain got really bad so I just took half a pill....now we wait.

#3 BetterOff

BetterOff

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,232 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:05 AM

Hello, from what I understand its okay to take hydrocodone with an AD. I mean I just had a tooth pulled and my dentist knows I am on an AD and he gave me some, also I had a gall bladder removed and the surgeon knew I was on an AD and he gave my hydrocodone so it must be okay, I mean you cant just suffer in pain because you are on an AD. So both my dentist and my surgeon has given me the pain-killer on an AD so it must be okay.
Good Luck and best wishes.
Information supplied on Depression Forums by members should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for medical advice from a health professional or doctor.

#4 Avian86

Avian86

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:14 AM

Opioids(hydrocodone) and Wellbutrin both decrease the seizure threshold. This would prolly only be a problem if you have a history with epilepsy or seizures or drink alcohol while on these two medications.

Edited by Sheepwoman, 12 May 2011 - 02:38 PM.
TOS/Link

#5 rehill

rehill

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:39 AM

You didn't mention if you are on any other meds. If you have questions, a good source of information is usually your pharmacist. I work with a number of good pharmacists and they are the ones I got to with any medication question.

Good luck!!

#6 sakuraxsunrise

sakuraxsunrise

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:48 AM

You didn't mention if you are on any other meds. If you have questions, a good source of information is usually your pharmacist. I work with a number of good pharmacists and they are the ones I got to with any medication question.

Good luck!!

Thanks for all the help. I feel fine now :3

#7 cencal_mechanic

cencal_mechanic

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:01 PM

Thanks so much.

The pain got really bad so I just took half a pill....now we wait.

I just started taking bupropion sr 150mg twice a day... today is the 8th day. I also have chronic pain and take around 6- 10mg/325 APAP 'Norco', 2-3 carisporidol 350mg, and 2-4 tramadol 50mg.
Have only had the normal bupropion side effects so far but my back pain seems like its worse after starting the ssri. Not sure if this is helpful or not but there are no contraindications that i know of.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users