Advertisement

Scheduled Maintenance:

Please be aware that depressionforums will be down for a short period beginning from 02:00 EST (07:00 GMT) on Sunday 21st December for necessary maintenance. We apologise for the inconvenience and it should only take about 45 minutes.

• No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Pristiq Vs Effexor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 radioempty

radioempty

ID: 51084

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:42 PM

Hey everybody,

Okay so tomorrow I've got an appointment with my nurse practitioner to get a 90 day prescription for my Pristiq. I switched to Pristiq when I ran out of Effexor, and since I didn't have health insurance at the time, my NP switched me to Pristiq because it was pretty much the same, and was cheaper. I remember getting a prescription for 120 pills of Effexor, and without insurance would have cost me $700.

I know that Effexor is available as a generic, but I do not know the cost. Is it less expensive than Pristiq now? If so, I'm going to ask to be switched back to negate the costs.

Any input would be appreciated.

Richard

#2 Glaxon

Glaxon

Just Registered

ID: 61265

• Just Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:34 AM

Generic Effexor should be less expensive than brand name Pristiq.
I can check with the pharmacist here at work tomorrow.

#3 Jen929

Jen929

ID: 62651

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:46 PM

I think it might depend on your dosage. At 225 mg of generic Effexor daily (and no insurance), I pay about $300 a month. I called around to my local pharmacies, and that's the cheapest I found. I'm currently checking into other options, because I can't afford this and it's still not working as well as I need.

You didn't hear it from me, but if your doctor is willing to confirm it with the pharmacy company, you can get it cheaper ordering from an online Canadian pharmacy. (Assuming you're in the U.S. like me.) My pdoc says this is relatively safe, but it's still illegal.
Depression and Social Anxiety diagnosed in 2010, Asperger's Syndrome and Bipolar and Phobias affect my family. . .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users