Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LuCan

Changing Time Of Day

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Advertisement

Hi,

My daughter is switching the time of day she takes her sertraline so that it's easier to take with food (I can't remember the last time she had an appetite in the morning -- years and years ago, at least!). She'll be switching from when she gets up, which has been about 10 a.m., to dinner hour. Should she do that gradually, or is it okay for her to do that all at once?

You might also be interested in:

Posted

I'm not a doctor but in my opinion I think it is very important to take medication at the same time every day to having consistency so that the medication will be more effective. But of course you should always consult with your doctor for professional feedback about this change.

Lindahurt

Posted

Get approval from your pdoc about changing the time of taking Zoloft. It can disrupt sleep for some if taken in the evening or night. Does your daughter have a sensitive stomach is that why she's taking it with food? I normally took it in the morning on an empty stomach.

Sheepwoman

Posted

Yes, she was getting really nauseous without taking it with food. And since she had been drowsy all day and perking up in the evening until quite late at night, I'd been thinking about asking her doctor anyway if the switch might help. Her doctor's away, but I thought the switch would be better than not being able to get her to take it at all :( And given that last night at dinner she took it without hesitation or complaint, this just might be a win scenario! Hoping she'll actually be *awake* during the day.