Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Changing Time Of Day

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LuCan

LuCan

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:48 AM

Hi,

My daughter is switching the time of day she takes her sertraline so that it's easier to take with food (I can't remember the last time she had an appetite in the morning -- years and years ago, at least!). She'll be switching from when she gets up, which has been about 10 a.m., to dinner hour. Should she do that gradually, or is it okay for her to do that all at once?

#2 lindahurt

lindahurt

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,474 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:57 AM

I'm not a doctor but in my opinion I think it is very important to take medication at the same time every day to having consistency so that the medication will be more effective. But of course you should always consult with your doctor for professional feedback about this change.

Lindahurt

Even in the most horrific of situations, one's attitude has an enormous role in shaping what happens ~ Viktor Frankl
In you lies the power to choose, to commit - Stephen Convey

The kind of person you want to become is greatly influence by your inner decisions, and not from outside influence alone. We can even under adverse circumstances, decide what shall become of us ~ Brian C. Stiller

Posted Image

#3 Sheepwoman

Sheepwoman

Administrative Mod/Coordinator

• Admin Team- Mod/Administrator
  • 27,909 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:04 PM

Get approval from your pdoc about changing the time of taking Zoloft. It can disrupt sleep for some if taken in the evening or night. Does your daughter have a sensitive stomach is that why she's taking it with food? I normally took it in the morning on an empty stomach.
Sheepwoman
It is not the life I lived; but the life I leave behind. Posted Image
Sheepwoman

God will give you no more than you can handle. This is all a test to see if you are really ready for the good things that are going to come your way. All this pain is going to come back and make me stronger.-Clarence Clemmons 1942-2011

Everything I know, I know because I love. Leo Tolstoy War and Peace

#4 LuCan

LuCan

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:42 AM

Yes, she was getting really nauseous without taking it with food. And since she had been drowsy all day and perking up in the evening until quite late at night, I'd been thinking about asking her doctor anyway if the switch might help. Her doctor's away, but I thought the switch would be better than not being able to get her to take it at all :( And given that last night at dinner she took it without hesitation or complaint, this just might be a win scenario! Hoping she'll actually be *awake* during the day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users