Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

I Was Knocked Unconscious

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 DustyRoad

DustyRoad

Silver Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:22 PM

I had a accident and was unconscious. I was hospitalized and have very little memory of
the next 5 days afterwards. It has been 2 months since then. I feel very depressed "like" since this happened. Does anyone have a story to something like this?
A smile in every scoop..............A scoop of Love for all to share is the best flavor in the ice box.

#2 Spiritual_Wanderer

Spiritual_Wanderer

Community Assistant

• DF Support
  • 5,036 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:35 PM

I'm so sorry that happened to you! I have never had that happen, but it seems logical that you might be depressed afterward. Have you been tested to see if you have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder? I hope you feel better!

:hugs:
Many Blessings,
SW
goldenvelope1jr.gif

Not all those who wander are lost. - J.R.R. Tolkien
Don't let the muggles get you down. ― J.K. Rowling

#3 WorkingTowardsaBetterLife

WorkingTowardsaBetterLife

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:13 PM

I was in a major car accident but is was 22 years ago. I was knocked unconscious for about 20 minutes. I woke up in the ambulance. I have amnesia regarding the accident, it never came back. But no, I never suffered depression from the accident or anything of that nature. Time heals a lot of wounds. Give it some time.

#4 DustyRoad

DustyRoad

Silver Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:26 PM

Hi! Thanks for the reply. I have googled this and there are many hits about head trauma.
The way I feel is "like" I am depressed. I have had real depression several years back. I am on Lexapro and that has been wonderful for me for years. I say "like" depression because the symptoms go away and come back. Depression just doesn't go away, at least for me it did not. I have talked to the Dr, had a long test with good results as far as memory goes so at least that is good. He said I had a mild concussion. Yet this doesn't seem mild to me to feel so down most of the day.

I really got the feeling that it is most important to be cognitive and have memory of everything that happens now. The Dr was not really concerned that I felt depressed now.
My head feels sad, no motivation, tired and is not much fun. The most I got was that this was "normal" for post head injury of the type I had. The Dr.,a neurologist, said he has seen much worse than me come into his office. Oh Boy! :Cooptsearch:

Edited by DustyRoad, 11 April 2011 - 02:29 PM.

A smile in every scoop..............A scoop of Love for all to share is the best flavor in the ice box.

#5 Tim 52

Tim 52

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:55 PM

DustyRoad:

Head injuries are difficult. I'm so sorry you've had this experience.

I have a really good friend who suffered from a concussion (horse accident) and the doctor said "there is no such thing as a mild concussion." In other words, each person responds differently to concussions and they should be treated with care and attention by doctors.

I don't mean that to worry you. I say that to sympathize.

I hope you can find the right kind of medical support to help you. You deserve that.

Tim

goldenvelope1jr.gifInformation supplied on Depression Forums by members should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for medical advice from a health professional or doctor. 

#6 DustyRoad

DustyRoad

Silver Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:00 AM

Tim,
Thanks. The more I read, I agree with you. This "feeling" I have in my brain of being sleepy is very strange. After 10 weeks I would have thought I would be feeling normal.
I feel this way until about 3pm. It is so much like depression.

DustyRoad:

I have a really good friend who suffered from a concussion (horse accident) and the doctor said "there is no such thing as a mild concussion." In other words, each person responds differently to concussions and they should be treated with care and attention by doctors.

I don't mean that to worry you. I say that to sympathize.

I hope you can find the right kind of medical support to help you. You deserve that.

Tim

Edited by DustyRoad, 13 April 2011 - 11:00 AM.

#7 DustyRoad

DustyRoad

Silver Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:50 AM

Tim,
Thanks. The more I read, I agree with you. This "feeling" I have in my brain of being sleepy is very strange. After 10 weeks I would have thought I would be feeling normal.
I feel this way until about 3pm. It is so much like depression.

DustyRoad:

Tim

Just a follow up since much time has past since the date of my injury. I was worried then, now I do feel very good and do not feel compromised in any way. I do need to sleep more still but that may be just because I increased my lexapro from 15 to 20 mg and being tired is listed as a side effect.

I have returned to the Forum and writing a bit seems to make me happy.

#8 chaoticka

chaoticka

• PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:00 AM

I'm glad things are looking up for you!
Kass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users