Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Trazodone Didn't Work At All With My Insomnia. ┐will Mirtazapine Work?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Efjaristos

Efjaristos

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:51 AM

Hi ! I suffer from chronic insomnia and I've tried all kind of meds to deal with it but to no avail. My neurologist told me to try with trazodone but...

I've been on Trazodone (Desyrel) for over a week now and unfortunately, it hasn't been the sleep aid I was looking for. Its side effects are literally, ******* me. I've been the last two days crying in bed without being able to sleep and with mood swings. I cannot go to work nor do anything due to the extreme tiredness and confusion / dizziness I'm experiencing.

Do you think that Remeron could be the pill that actually knocked me out and let me sleep and feel refreshed next morning?

Thank you

#2 Trace

Trace

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,085 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:03 AM

Hi Efjaristos

I am sorry that you are struggling with Insomnia. Different meds can have different affects on different people. I am not a professional, but as far as I know Remeron can make you drowsy. There are also many other meds that help sleep. Things like Seroquel/Quitapine. You may want to take a look in The Other Depression and Anxiety Medications Room.

Trace
Listen in deep silence. Be very still and open your mind.... Sink deep into the peace that waits for you beyond the frantic, riotous thoughts and sights and sounds of this insane world. - A course of miracles.

True beauty must come, must be grown, from within.... - Ralph W Trine.

Posted Image

#3 Guest_lucyvp_*

Guest_lucyvp_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:00 AM

Hi ! I suffer from chronic insomnia and I've tried all kind of meds to deal with it but to no avail. My neurologist told me to try with trazodone but...

I've been on Trazodone (Desyrel) for over a week now and unfortunately, it hasn't been the sleep aid I was looking for. Its side effects are literally, ******* me. I've been the last two days crying in bed without being able to sleep and with mood swings. I cannot go to work nor do anything due to the extreme tiredness and confusion / dizziness I'm experiencing.

Do you think that Remeron could be the pill that actually knocked me out and let me sleep and feel refreshed next morning?

Thank you

Are you looking for something to help with depression as well as with insomnia? As a straight sleep aid, I have had great success with one called imovane/zopiclone. It is not available in the US, but is related to Lunestra. It's short acting, so you don't wake up all groggy.

Hope that helps,

lucyvp

#4 Tim 52

Tim 52

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:09 AM

Efjaristos:

Remeron does make many people drowsy. Particularly at lower doses. I would encourage you to talk with your doctor about what possibilties you have. There are many effective sleep aids. Remeron might be the one for you. Or you and your doctor might come up wtih another option too.

tim

goldenvelope1jr.gifInformation supplied on Depression Forums by members should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for medical advice from a health professional or doctor. 

#5 Efjaristos

Efjaristos

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:51 PM

Thanks for your concern

I've talked with my doc and he's told me to stop taking Trazodone (Palpitations were freaking me out every time I took a dose) I start tonight with Remeron. Is it true that the lower the dose the more sedated you get? In that case, should I start with 15mg or 7.5mg? I start medications usually with the lowest dose possible so I think I'll try with 7.5 and see how it works.

I'll keep you informed :)

Edited by Efjaristos, 29 March 2011 - 01:52 PM.

#6 theguy

theguy

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:57 PM

Thank you

Trazodone didn't work for me either so I went back to 2.5 mg of zyprexa and it works for me. Another med that actually worked for sleep is .5mg of Risperdone.
The Guy. - Love is patient, love is kind, love never fails.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users