Advertisement
  • Announcements

• Lindsay

A Reminder that we are a PG13 Site   12/09/2016

Please keep in mind that NO content can be posted that is not PG13!  No sexual content and definitely not images which is not permitted in a post! We will delete it.  Not even memes or humorous images should be posted, if you want these forums to continue. NO IMAGES! If you want to post an image, post the URL pointing it to your gallery.  Again, Depressionforums.org is PG13!! Thank you~ ~Forum Admin  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tryinghard

Twitching

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Advertisement

Still on my 50mg dose for about 3 months now, depression more or less under control (occasional slumps and anxiety-had a massive anxiety attack last week). I notice my twitching and involuntary muscle spasms seem to be getting worse. Last week was almost a full body seizure. Had to be taken into first aid room at work to calm down

You might also be interested in:

Posted

tryinghard:

I wonder about the almost seizure like symptoms. Have you checked in with your doctor? I encourage you to at least give a call. It is a good thing to be at least a little assertive about these things.

Tim

Posted

Zoloft is not an anti-seizure med. It does sound like your tremors and involuntary muscle movements are getting worse. This can be a sign or side-effect that needs immediate attention. You should call your pdoc right away and discuss this with him.

Sheepwoman.

Posted

Is this just something that has happened to you since you started taking zoloft?

I ask because this exact same thing happened to me when I started taking Zoloft and when I finally got in to see a psychiatrist he took me right off it. Written on the front of my file in big letters is NO SERTRALINE.

I still had minor twitches for the 8 months I was on pristiq, and it is only since switching to a tricyclic that I've finally become free of it.

My message is, if this is down to the zoloft, ask to try something else! There are loads of other meds you can try.

Good luck.

Posted

Is this just something that has happened to you since you started taking zoloft?

I ask because this exact same thing happened to me when I started taking Zoloft and when I finally got in to see a psychiatrist he took me right off it. Written on the front of my file in big letters is NO SERTRALINE.

I still had minor twitches for the 8 months I was on pristiq, and it is only since switching to a tricyclic that I've finally become free of it.

My message is, if this is down to the zoloft, ask to try something else! There are loads of other meds you can try.

Good luck.

Seems to have largely died off now. I will see how it goes, I am getting too many other benefits off sertraline so would prefer to stay on it at the moment. Will mention it at my meds review in a few weeks