Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Bp1 And Test High For Bpd

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 WorkingTowardsaBetterLife

WorkingTowardsaBetterLife

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:02 AM

I have been thinking about this for a couple of weeks, it bothers me. I test high for both Bipolar, which I was diagnosed, and yet I test high for Borderline Personality Disorder. Is there overlap, there must be. Can I be that screwed up?

I think I am BP1, GAD, OCD, and some eating issues.

I guess I should be excited I am not suffering from SCHIZOPHRENIA, no disrespect to anyone whom is.

#2 Trace

Trace

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,085 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:34 AM

Hi Danielsaun

Both Bipolar and BPD, both have many of the characteristics of various forms of depression. That is why they are both so difficult to diagnose. They both contain mood swings, irrational behavior and the likes.

Trace
Listen in deep silence. Be very still and open your mind.... Sink deep into the peace that waits for you beyond the frantic, riotous thoughts and sights and sounds of this insane world. - A course of miracles.

True beauty must come, must be grown, from within.... - Ralph W Trine.

Posted Image

#3 WorkingTowardsaBetterLife

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 02:20 PM

Yeah I watched Black Swan last night and wow, the CSP, and self injury I can identify with a times, but no Morgellan's for me.

#4 saphirrain

saphirrain

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:51 PM

Bipolar and BPD often go hand in hand. I have both. When the BPD diagnosis was added 10 years ago, I didn't understand it. So many of the symptoms of both overlap. I did alot of research on each and it helped me to clarify what I was dealing with. Borderline Personality Disorder is the more complicated and there are less resources available for BPD than there are for Bipolar. In my searching I found a book that broke BPD down in a way that made perfect sense, gave alot of advice, tips and resources, as well as a chapter for friends and family, explaining how to deal with a Borderline. The book is well written and very easy to read, it explained the thoughts and feelings I always worried about but never shared. I felt like I was reading my autobiography. I really hope this helps. Good luck.
Debbie

Here's the book:
Sometimes I Act Crazy: Living with Borderline Personality Disorder

#5 Sheepwoman

Sheepwoman

Administrative Mod/Coordinator

• Admin Team- Mod/Administrator
  • 27,976 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:17 PM

daniel, If you haven't found it yet, we have a forum for BPD and another for Eating Disorder. You may want to look in both. Living with BP is more than enough for anyone. I've heard that BPD is hazy and many MH professionals hesitate to treat it. I don't know how true that is.
Sheepwoman
It is not the life I lived; but the life I leave behind. Posted Image
Sheepwoman

God will give you no more than you can handle. This is all a test to see if you are really ready for the good things that are going to come your way. All this pain is going to come back and make me stronger.-Clarence Clemmons 1942-2011

Everything I know, I know because I love. Leo Tolstoy War and Peace

#6 WorkingTowardsaBetterLife

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:59 PM

Thanks for the great tips.

I switched to Risperdal last night, from Geodon, not quite making me sleep though. So I took my Ambien and whamo I landed on the carpet. I may have been sleepwalking and wife helped me up. I have never done that kinda of scary. They want me to give Risperdone 3 months before judging. I said forget it, if it doesn't work in 4 weeks I will try one more med and then learn to live with mania without meds most likely since my insomnia has gotten worse on mood stabilizers. I am tired of being a big pharma guinea pig. So far today I am doing pretty well. I am re-committing to cutting back the caffeine since I know it doesn't help.

I wish I could tell me wife about my instances of self injury its very embarrassing. I haven't done so in over a month so that's good.

Wishing everyone a good weekend with lots of peace and good kharma.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users