Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Wellbutrin and Lithium

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

• PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 04:47 PM

My girlfriend takes 300mg of Wellbutrin XL per day and its not working to well for her. I went with her to her prdoc last week and told the doc that the Wellbutrin isn’t working and she added Lithium to the Wellbutrin XL. I wan in hopes she would change my girlfriends medication altogether. So far Wellbutrin is the only antidepressant my girlfriend has been on. She has been taking it for several months now. I would think she would want to try her on something else.

Lone Wolf

#2 lizard

lizard

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:47 PM

If you have confidence in the pdoc, it's worth giving the WB a try with the lithium. I hope it goes well. If not, a change can always be made.
Good luck!
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says: "I'll try again tomorrow."
Anne Hunninghake

Posted Image

hotlines

#3 eterea

eterea

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 04:43 PM

My girlfriend takes 300mg of Wellbutrin XL per day and its not working to well for her. I went with her to her prdoc last week and told the doc that the Wellbutrin isn’t working and she added Lithium to the Wellbutrin XL. I wan in hopes she would change my girlfriends medication altogether. So far Wellbutrin is the only antidepressant my girlfriend has been on. She has been taking it for several months now. I would think she would want to try her on something else.

Lone Wolf

I'm Bipolar and take several meds - Wellbutrin and Lithium are two of them. One thing that I can say is that Wellbutrin does a great job of helping with the sexual side effects that I feel from the other meds. Wellbutrin isn't "enough" for me for depression though - I take Zoloft, too. I've taken several anti-depressants so I can understand why you might want your girlfriend to try something else. Is she Bipolar? Lithium usually is for those with Bipolar Disorder.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 Sheepwoman

Sheepwoman

Administrative Mod/Coordinator

• Admin Team- Mod/Administrator
  • 27,880 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 10:11 AM

Lithium is the oldest, tried and true med on the market. It has great mood stabilizing effects and works well for depression. You don't have to be bipolar to use it.
Sheepwoman :hearts:
It is not the life I lived; but the life I leave behind. Posted Image
Sheepwoman

God will give you no more than you can handle. This is all a test to see if you are really ready for the good things that are going to come your way. All this pain is going to come back and make me stronger.-Clarence Clemmons 1942-2011

Everything I know, I know because I love. Leo Tolstoy War and Peace

#5 ladysmurf

ladysmurf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:05 AM

I know this is an old topic. however, my pdoc just added lithium to my wellbutrin for augmentation.

does anyone have any experience with this?

Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users