Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

How Long It Take For Saphris To Work?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bucanero

Bucanero

Just Registered

ID: 58363

• Just Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:09 AM

Hi, I am a new menber...:smile:

I was prescribe Saphris 10mg for major deprecion and would like to know
if someone is taking this med that can tell me how long it take to see some
improvement on my health. ( 2 or 3 month? ) :help:

I just have 2 week takeing them!

God Bless ALL...:Coopclapping:

#2 BetterOff

BetterOff

Platinum Member

ID: 50382

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,232 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:23 AM

Hello, it will take up to two months to fully kick in, about week four or five I think you should see an improvement. If at 6 to 8 weeks you feel nothing, you may need to up the dosage as you have to get that dosage just right or you will get absolutely no relief. You have to hit the threshold of just right, i.e. not to little as no results, and not too much as you can get zombified if overdosed. See your doctor again in about 6 weeks for a re-evaluation and oh yeah, dont expect any results or improvement the first two or three weeks, that is the brain is getting adjusted time and saphris is swirling your brains hormones around like chocolate syrup in vanilla pudding, you have to keep stirring and allow time and patience until everything start to smooth out for you, week four should show and improvement and week five six seven things keep getting better and better (if on the right dosage) come week 6 to 8 and no results, see your doctor about an increase in dosage.
Good Luck... hope I helped.
Information supplied on Depression Forums by members should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for medical advice from a health professional or doctor.

#3 Bucanero

Bucanero

Just Registered

ID: 58363

• Just Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:57 PM

Hello, it will take up to two months to fully kick in, about week four or five I think you should see an improvement. If at 6 to 8 weeks you feel nothing, you may need to up the dosage as you have to get that dosage just right or you will get absolutely no relief. You have to hit the threshold of just right, i.e. not to little as no results, and not too much as you can get zombified if overdosed. See your doctor again in about 6 weeks for a re-evaluation and oh yeah, dont expect any results or improvement the first two or three weeks, that is the brain is getting adjusted time and saphris is swirling your brains hormones around like chocolate syrup in vanilla pudding, you have to keep stirring and allow time and patience until everything start to smooth out for you, week four should show and improvement and week five six seven things keep getting better and better (if on the right dosage) come week 6 to 8 and no results, see your doctor about an increase in dosage.
Good Luck... hope I helped.

Thank u BetterOff.

This is my first week taking Saphris 10mg with Black Cherry Flavor because the regular ones taste nasty.....lol....After I take it I feel a peculiar numbness on my tongue, my heart bit go up a little bit for 1 or 2 minutes then go back to normal, and after 5 to 10 minutes I start a getting a sleepy feeling and go to bed. :sleep_1:

I was taking it at 11 pm and when I got up in the morning I till felt drowsy (it was like I was high) so I called my Dr. and he said that I have to take them a 8 pm so in that way I won't have that drowsy feeling in the morning.

Once again, thanks for your input about the med. :smile:

#4 lindahurt

lindahurt

Platinum Member

ID: 53269

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,474 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:45 PM

:welcomeani: Hi Bucanero and welcome to DF. I have been on Saphris but just wanted to welcome you to our wonderful community and hope you find solace and support here.

Lindahurt
Even in the most horrific of situations, one's attitude has an enormous role in shaping what happens ~ Viktor Frankl
In you lies the power to choose, to commit - Stephen Convey

The kind of person you want to become is greatly influence by your inner decisions, and not from outside influence alone. We can even under adverse circumstances, decide what shall become of us ~ Brian C. Stiller

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users