Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

So Far, I Love Prozac!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 deepdownx

deepdownx

Just Registered

ID: 56174

• Just Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 04:07 AM

Hi there, recently joined these forums. My last post was typically very dark and upsetting (I was in a bit of a state.) My mood flactuates consantly, and I've been seeing mental health professionals (therapists and psychiatrists) for 2 years now. I was initially told that I had major depression and took lexapro, which took the edge of my major depression (which was starting to get psychotic) but it killed my personality and ability to orgasm (which is hugely important to me, since I'm a bit sex mad.)

Then, I ws diagnosed with bipolar II (never agreed with the diagnosis) and took lamotrigine for about 8 months all up. While it lifted my mood a little, I felt so scattered and jittery all the time it was like I'd drank 9 cups of coffee. My latest psychiatrist has told me that I have adhd (which totally makes sense since my whole family has it) and dysmythia.

So anyway, I've been on prozac for a week after pleading with my GP to give me something to help me take the edge off my crazy mood swings. Annnnnd... so far, so good. The negative voices have ceased, I wake up in the morning with a blank slate... it's almost weird. There's no critical voice there, no paranoid questioning about my boyfriend and his interest in me, no overly-sensitive reactions to what people say. If something bad happens, instead of lashing out I am able to react calmly. It's bizarre, since it's so foreign to what I'm used to!

Oh, and here's the good news.... I CAN STILL ORGASM! And my sex drive is still very much in tact. So far (early stages now) I've felt a very positive response towards prozac. Just thought I'd quip in, since these forums tend to be riddled with the negative kind!

#2 Trace

Trace

Platinum Member

ID: 10376

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,085 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:05 AM

Hi deepdownx

I am so glad that Prozac seems to be working for you. That is great! I hope it continues to work for you.

Trace
Listen in deep silence. Be very still and open your mind.... Sink deep into the peace that waits for you beyond the frantic, riotous thoughts and sights and sounds of this insane world. - A course of miracles.

True beauty must come, must be grown, from within.... - Ralph W Trine.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users