Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

How Long Does Paxil Stay In Your System/brain?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 seathree

seathree

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:01 PM

I have been on only 10mg of paxil for a month and a half and recently stopped taking it about 4 days ago and I am not even noticing any withdrawal effects... to be honest, I didnt even notice a change in my behavior WHILE STARTING paxil, I dont think it even did anything to me thats why im probably feeling no withdrawal. To be honest, I dont even think anti depressants work which is why I decided to stop taking any medication at all. I have tried many already and I never felt like it worked or made me happy, so I just decided "Screw it" whats the use of taking magic pills when in reality you have no clue what he hell its even doing to your brain, helping or not, our natural bodies are not even meant to ingest man made medicines, its just not right.

I am just wondering, how long does it take for paxil to be completely removed from my system? I want no residual paxil in my body, I want all chemicals to be completely removed from me.

#2 seathree

seathree

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 12:08 AM

any help is appreciated./. i cant find any info. and my doctor tells me "I SHOULD NOT QUIT COLD TURKEY I MIGHT GET WITHDRAWAL" but i havent so what the hell... 5 days ago

#3 seathree

seathree

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:11 AM

please i know someone is out there reading this. help out if you can, just create a quick account and respond.. all your help matters to me and my own health and peace of mind.

#4 seathree

seathree

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 05:13 AM

someone please help me, before I relapse on oxycontin, I dont want to go down that route, I wanna know how long does it take to be removed from my system? just the thought of paxil is making me sick and I can still kind of "FEEL" or have this eerie feeling its still lurking in my blood stream and my brain it makes me sick!

#5 seathree

seathree

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 05:14 AM

33 views and no replies? you guys really dont like helping people get off, you want people to get ON this poison?

#6 Babar

Babar

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:59 AM

I am thinking of shifting to some natural ways to control anxiety.. These drugs have side effects..

#7 Babar

Babar

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:02 PM

And these AD meds made my mood good for only two, three days and after that they start showing their side effects due to which I become a bit panicked.. And my mood goes down.. My doc says first few weeks are like this, and after that u will feel better.. But still they have side effects..

#8 ocarina

ocarina

Silver Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:55 PM

Generally for most SSRIs except Prozac, I usually think about a week should get it out of you. However I haven't taken Paxil, so I can't comment from personal experience on that one.

If you were only on 10 mg that is a relatively low dose so you may have escaped the bad withdrawal side effects :smile:
Melancholic depression, 3 severe episodes, feel pretty good in between episodes though. Currently on 2.5 mg/day Lexapro and supplementing with fish oil, vitamins, tyrosine, exercise and light box. Whew!

Any advice I offer is just that - advice and opinions. I have no degrees that are at all related to the medical field.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users