Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alex200274

Mirtazapine And Phentramine-Rx (Fat Burner Pills) - Can They Be Mixed?

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Does anyone know if you can take Mirtazapine and diet pills such Phentramine-RX or Phen375?

Done some googling but hard to find any articles.

You might also be interested in:

Posted

Hi alex200274,

There is no specific contraindications on using Phentramine-RX like medications with most SSRI Antidepressants. However these diet compounds are pretty powerful and do have side effects.

I would advice you to talk with you Doctor and ask his advice about general health risks as well as any contraindications with your current medication.

Best ask the experts - your Doctor.

Best Wishes

Jim Bow

Posted (edited)

Hi Alex,

I don't know if diet pills and mirtazapine interact. If you know what ingredients are in the diet pills you might try checking on Medscape. You can also ask the pharmacist.

Edited by jenbri

Posted

Hello, just wanted to chime in with Jim Bow DEFINATELY talk to your doctor first before takings these meds..

mixing drugs is never a good thing to do without professional advice... and none of us here on DF are doctors that can give you an okay, it would be terribly wrong of us to do so and cause you harm.

Good Luck

Posted

Yep - don't worry I wouldn't go ahead and mix the medication without asking my GP first.

As the medication is over the counter I was curious if anyone may have taken these pills to counteract the weight gain or suppress their appetite while on their course of Mirtazapine.

So far Mirtazapine has been great regarding my sleeping disorder but the increased appetite and then managing my diabetes has been aggravating.

Posted

Yep - don't worry I wouldn't go ahead and mix the medication without asking my GP first.

As the medication is over the counter I was curious if anyone may have taken these pills to counteract the weight gain or suppress their appetite while on their course of Mirtazapine.

So far Mirtazapine has been great regarding my sleeping disorder but the increased appetite and then managing my diabetes has been aggravating.

My dr. rx'd phentermine and my Effexor xr and Wellbutrin all together. I didn't have any side effects except the first few days with some increased heart rate and increased energy, which I liked. The real phentermine is only available by prescription.

Posted

Hi!

Did the Phentramine pills help you at all with the appetite?

Regards,

Johan.