• Announcements

• Lindsay

Depression Forums Are Back Online!   02/09/2016

Hello Members! Please understand that this upgrade was huge and is a process that will be ongoing for a tad longer. Somethings may not seem 'right' or look a bit 'strange' at the moment, such as your profile page or "Quotes" etc.. Some things may not work as expected... for the time being, but please appreciate that we have to prioritize function over appearance. Eventually DF will all come together and be wonderful! It will be as if nothing had ever changed... As an afterthought...DF will be ACCESSIBLE ANYTIME/ANYWHERE
      Whether you’re on your smartphone, tablet or computer, access to Depressionforums.org/forums is right at your fingertips with our new upgrade. The
      refreshing, dynamic look translates across all platforms and devices.
      Come join up, become a member if not already! It’s free to post to your peers about anything that is troubling you.  We are certain there is a Forum for that. Tomorrow we will have a Forum set up for members to answer any questions that you may have about the upgrade. We really appreciate all of your feedback! Your Forum Administrators
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Waynester

What Is The Highest Dosage You Can Take Of Sertraline (Zoloft)

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post  

been on my new dosage of 200mg for 3 weeks almost

started at 50mg, then went up to 150mg for 1 week, then 200mg for 3 weeks

i do feel a bit more balanced, but my ROCD is getting out of control

was thinking of seeing if dosage could go higher and hope for the best

cant live like this anymore with these awful feelings of fakeness, guilt, do i or dont love or want

i thought i would start feeling normal and not anxious with my partner

any ROCD sufferers much better on this drug or any other drug?

Edited by Waynester

Posted · Report post  

Hello there,

As most of people who take any sertraline know, the maximum dosage is 200 mg, however I've heard about a very effective high dosage which is 400 mg, given to severe OCD sufferers! Anyway the best thing to do is to discuss that with your pdoc, and please don't attempt to rise your dosage without counselling him/her, good luck with that =)

r90

Posted · Report post  

When my on daughter was 2 years old, she managed to open the child proof cap on my zoloft bottle and had them all over the place. She was only by her self in the room for a minute or two, so we dont know how many she might have taken, if she took anyway, but, we couldnt find all the pills so not knowing if she took any or not, we took her to the hospital. After 5 hours of testing and exams and waiting around, the doctors said that she was fine, didnt appear to take any, and even if she did, Zoloft isnt the type of drug that will hurt you even if you took a whole handful. You might get zoned out, but it will wear off after a while and you will be fine. We were glad to hear that.

So Im not saying you should take as many as you want, but from that night I understand that you cant OD, Die, or get permanent damage of any kind from taking to much zoloft.

At one time I myself was at one time prescribed to be on 300mg a day , and on a couple occasions I didnt recall if I took them or not, and was feeling depressed, so I ended up taking 600 mg by accident. I was totally zoned out and non functional for a while, just wanted to sleep for about 14 hours. But no repercussions.

But I would still highly suggest checking into it with an MD first. Its never a good idea to take too much..

Posted · Report post  

I am just starting on 200 and I hope it works for my ROCD. I can't deal with these thoughts and sadness it's causing.

Posted · Report post  

I'm on 200mg and it took some time but I"m doing good on it. So my advise, give it more time, it's been 3 wks, give it another 2-3 wks, then decide.

Posted · Report post  

I am on Zoloft 150mg, I just saw my doctor yesterday and she upped my prescription to 200mg, but said it might not work. What areevryone' experiences on this does?

Posted · Report post  

I was on 200 for awhile but it eventually quit working so I had to switch to something else. It worked for 5 years first though and I really liked it.

Best wishes

Starr

Posted · Report post  

I'm glad I found this forum. This thread helped me decide to go ahead and up my dosage from 150mg to 200mg at least until I can see my doctor again. I started taking Sertraline about 7 years ago, increasing from 100mg to 150mg late last spring. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working as it once did. Thank you for the information. I'm sure I'll be back.

Posted · Report post  

I'm glad I found this forum. This thread helped me decide to go ahead and up my dosage from 150mg to 200mg at least until I can see my doctor again. I started taking Sertraline about 7 years ago, increasing from 100mg to 150mg late last spring. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working as it once did. Thank you for the information. I'm sure I'll be back.

Hello there and welcome to DF!

Please, don't rely on anything written in here, we're here for support only, never increase/decrease your dosage without consulting your pdoc!

You may want to introduce yourself in the welcome forum, we're all here for each others, tc :)

r90