Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

What Is The Highest Dosage You Can Take Of Sertraline (Zoloft)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Waynester

Waynester

ID: 30717

• Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 04:50 PM

been on my new dosage of 200mg for 3 weeks almost

started at 50mg, then went up to 150mg for 1 week, then 200mg for 3 weeks
i do feel a bit more balanced, but my ROCD is getting out of control
was thinking of seeing if dosage could go higher and hope for the best
cant live like this anymore with these awful feelings of fakeness, guilt, do i or dont love or want
i thought i would start feeling normal and not anxious with my partner

any ROCD sufferers much better on this drug or any other drug?

Edited by Waynester, 06 November 2010 - 04:51 PM.

#2 r90

r90

ID: 48887

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 05:45 PM

Hello there,

As most of people who take any sertraline know, the maximum dosage is 200 mg, however I've heard about a very effective high dosage which is 400 mg, given to severe OCD sufferers! Anyway the best thing to do is to discuss that with your pdoc, and please don't attempt to rise your dosage without counselling him/her, good luck with that =)

r90
Borderline Personality Disorder: Is it just a diagnosis label or a constant chaos of suffering?

DepressionForums.org is a community support group for mental health issues, our job is to support, if you're seeking a medical advice or treatment, please refer to a qualified mental health professional
Posted Image

#3 YakSpit

YakSpit

ID: 54260

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:33 AM

When my on daughter was 2 years old, she managed to open the child proof cap on my zoloft bottle and had them all over the place. She was only by her self in the room for a minute or two, so we dont know how many she might have taken, if she took anyway, but, we couldnt find all the pills so not knowing if she took any or not, we took her to the hospital. After 5 hours of testing and exams and waiting around, the doctors said that she was fine, didnt appear to take any, and even if she did, Zoloft isnt the type of drug that will hurt you even if you took a whole handful. You might get zoned out, but it will wear off after a while and you will be fine. We were glad to hear that.

So Im not saying you should take as many as you want, but from that night I understand that you cant OD, Die, or get permanent damage of any kind from taking to much zoloft.

At one time I myself was at one time prescribed to be on 300mg a day , and on a couple occasions I didnt recall if I took them or not, and was feeling depressed, so I ended up taking 600 mg by accident. I was totally zoned out and non functional for a while, just wanted to sleep for about 14 hours. But no repercussions.

But I would still highly suggest checking into it with an MD first. Its never a good idea to take too much..
He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which. (Douglas Adams)

#4 Tennisgirl85

Tennisgirl85

Just Registered

ID: 54491

• Just Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:02 PM

I am just starting on 200 and I hope it works for my ROCD. I can't deal with these thoughts and sadness it's causing.

#5 cvoor

cvoor

ID: 9525

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 08:55 PM

I'm on 200mg and it took some time but I"m doing good on it. So my advise, give it more time, it's been 3 wks, give it another 2-3 wks, then decide.

#6 softkitty

softkitty

Just Registered

ID: 67421

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 09:01 AM

I am on Zoloft 150mg, I just saw my doctor yesterday and she upped my prescription to 200mg, but said it might not work. What areevryone' experiences on this does?

#7 starr

starr

Silver Member

ID: 1886

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:24 PM

I was on 200 for awhile but it eventually quit working so I had to switch to something else. It worked for 5 years first though and I really liked it.

Best wishes
Starr

#8 bluetantra

bluetantra

ID: 67950

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:07 PM

I'm glad I found this forum. This thread helped me decide to go ahead and up my dosage from 150mg to 200mg at least until I can see my doctor again. I started taking Sertraline about 7 years ago, increasing from 100mg to 150mg late last spring. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working as it once did. Thank you for the information. I'm sure I'll be back.

#9 r90

r90

ID: 48887

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:49 PM

I'm glad I found this forum. This thread helped me decide to go ahead and up my dosage from 150mg to 200mg at least until I can see my doctor again. I started taking Sertraline about 7 years ago, increasing from 100mg to 150mg late last spring. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working as it once did. Thank you for the information. I'm sure I'll be back.

Hello there and welcome to DF!

Please, don't rely on anything written in here, we're here for support only, never increase/decrease your dosage without consulting your pdoc!

You may want to introduce yourself in the welcome forum, we're all here for each others, tc :)

r90
Borderline Personality Disorder: Is it just a diagnosis label or a constant chaos of suffering?

DepressionForums.org is a community support group for mental health issues, our job is to support, if you're seeking a medical advice or treatment, please refer to a qualified mental health professional
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users