Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Fisher Wallace Cranial Stimulator

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 nicko953

nicko953

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:06 AM

I've been doing alot of research on drug free methods of treating depression, , anxiety, ocd etc. There is a new device that has recently come on the market that has been approved by the FDA in the treatment of depression, and and insomnia. Basically it stimulates the brain using very low frequency electrical impulses.

IF you google "Fisher Wallace" you will find a link to the manufactures web site. The device is no cheap - $700. I was thinking of picking one up to give a try, but wanted to see if any of you have opinions on it before forking out that kind of loot.

There are dozens of links on the internet about the device. Also its now being prescribed by psychiatrists.

Snake oil? Or are they on to something here?

#2 jimbow15

jimbow15

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,241 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:20 AM

Hi nicko953,

From what I know about this device it is a simple nerve stimulator that is extremely overpriced.

I have a very high quality electrical acupuncture set which can do this and a lot more which cost me 200 in UK and it is far superior.

From what I know you could buy a small 'Tens' nerve stimulator (used for pain relief) for about $50 which would do the same job. If you look at where the probes are placed you can see that this is a very simple stimulator applied to the temporal lobes.

My advice: Don't waste you money on this extremely over priced simple nerve stimulator. If this could work the way they said it would it would be in every store in the country for about $50 .

My machine is geared to do the exact same for depression and about 100 other conditions and is a professional machine used by physiotherapists who use acupuncture in treatmernt. ( I used in to treat patients)

Best Wishes

Jim Bow
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed." Albert E.

Information supplied on Depression Forums by members should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for medical advice from a health professional or doctor.

#3 Kelly Roman

Kelly Roman

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:17 AM

I just saw this on my Google Alerts. Full disclosure, I work for Fisher Wallace Labs. If you don't want to use our device, fine, but don't put a TENS device on your head. A TENS device puts out 20X the amount of electricity as a CES device, and could cause tissue damage / thermal damage. I won't pitch our product in this forum, but I'll say our medical advisory board has several of the top psychiatrists in the country, including the retired chairman of psychiatry at NYU medical school.

Edited by Kelly Roman, 02 November 2010 - 09:27 AM.

• kyle75 likes this

#4 nicko953

nicko953

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:59 PM

I just saw this on my Google Alerts. Full disclosure, I work for Fisher Wallace Labs. If you don't want to use our device, fine, but don't put a TENS device on your head. A TENS device puts out 20X the amount of electricity as a CES device, and could cause tissue damage / thermal damage. I won't pitch our product in this forum, but I'll say our medical advisory board has several of the top psychiatrists in the country, including the retired chairman of psychiatry at NYU medical school.

Hi Kelly, I don't mind you plugging your product here. If you feel uncomfortable posting can you please PM me? Your disclosure actually says alot. Here is my question: Why is your device so expensive? If you had a lot of success with it and have sold many units, I would expect the price to be much lower. I would be willing to try anything, but $700 is a lot to risk if it didn't work.

#5 Kelly Roman

Kelly Roman

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:59 PM

The price factors in several things: 1.) there is the cost of manufacturing in the USA, which is higher than China or India where our competitors are manufactured 2.) there is a lot of overhead involved in running a medical device company, including investment in personnel and resources to operate under FDA regulation 3.) acquiring the patents to the technology required a large investment 4.) we have the most aggressive return policy in the industry, and that costs a lot of money to provide 5.) we need to make a profit in order to survive as a business

all this said, $700 is not expensive when compared to the cost of pharmaceutical drug treatment

Hi Kelly, I don't mind you plugging your product here. If you feel uncomfortable posting can you please PM me? Your disclosure actually says alot. Here is my question: Why is your device so expensive? If you had a lot of success with it and have sold many units, I would expect the price to be much lower. I would be willing to try anything, but $700 is a lot to risk if it didn't work.

#6 Guest_Painted_In_A_Corner_*

Guest_Painted_In_A_Corner_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:25 PM

Hi nicko953,

From what I know about this device it is a simple nerve stimulator that is extremely overpriced.

I have a very high quality electrical acupuncture set which can do this and a lot more which cost me 200 in UK and it is far superior.

From what I know you could buy a small 'Tens' nerve stimulator (used for pain relief) for about $50 which would do the same job. If you look at where the probes are placed you can see that this is a very simple stimulator applied to the temporal lobes.

My advice: Don't waste you money on this extremely over priced simple nerve stimulator. If this could work the way they said it would it would be in every store in the country for about $50 .

My machine is geared to do the exact same for depression and about 100 other conditions and is a professional machine used by physiotherapists who use acupuncture in treatmernt. ( I used in to treat patients)

Best Wishes

Jim Bow

Hey Jim bow,

Do tell how the machine you use for depression works and how affective it is on major depression. Really interested! About ready to try anything that really works. PM me if you have the time would ya!?!

Painted

#7 nicko953

nicko953

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:23 AM

Hi nicko953,

Best Wishes

Jim Bow

Hey Jim bow,

Do tell how the machine you use for depression works and how affective it is on major depression. Really interested! About ready to try anything that really works. PM me if you have the time would ya!?!

Painted

I went ahead and ordered the Fisher Wallace device a few weeks back. Here is my take so far after using the device for 10 days:

I was VERY skeptical, but figured I had nothing to loose as they offer a 60 day return policy. Bottom line - I think it is having some positive effects. I'm sleeping better, and I haven't used any ativan at all since using the device. (I was using it daily before). I'm not saying I won't need to use ativan again, but my anxiety has definitely diminished. It may just be that I've been having a few good weeks and my positive effects are a result of placebo, but I really don't care - the device is doing something. I'm going to continue using it for another month and then make a determination as to weather or not its really given me an overall improvement in my anxiety/depression. One of the things I like about the device is that you need a prescription in order to get it. Obviously they have done their homework and gone through the expense of getting it FDA approved. I would say - give the Fisher Wallace device a shot. I know its expensive, but you can return it for a refund if it doesn't work. AN NO - I'M NOT AFFILIATED WITH THE COMPANY IN ANY WAY.

#8 lookingforlight

lookingforlight

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:46 AM

Hi nicko95,

How is your treatment going with the Fisher Wallace device? Would love to hear about your experience!

#9 Jkarenellis

Jkarenellis

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:38 AM

Hey Painted in a Corner-

I'm also very interested in your experience. I have had insomnia ever since I was 10 years old, and the depression and anxiety followed at age 22 (it is my theory that a caused b). I hate taking prescriptions and rely simply on tylenol pm, but the side effects of memory loss is not the greatest, but it beats being up for days. I'm willing to give this device a go if I could just find more real testimonies that aren't in some way affiliated with Fisher Wallace.

I also enjoy your screen name,
jkaren

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)