• Announcements

• Lindsay

Depression Forums Are Back Online!   02/09/2016

Hello Members! Please understand that this upgrade was huge and is a process that will be ongoing for a tad longer. Somethings may not seem 'right' or look a bit 'strange' at the moment, such as your profile page or "Quotes" etc.. Some things may not work as expected... for the time being, but please appreciate that we have to prioritize function over appearance. Eventually DF will all come together and be wonderful! It will be as if nothing had ever changed... As an afterthought...DF will be ACCESSIBLE ANYTIME/ANYWHERE
      Whether you’re on your smartphone, tablet or computer, access to Depressionforums.org/forums is right at your fingertips with our new upgrade. The
      refreshing, dynamic look translates across all platforms and devices.
      Come join up, become a member if not already! It’s free to post to your peers about anything that is troubling you.  We are certain there is a Forum for that. Tomorrow we will have a Forum set up for members to answer any questions that you may have about the upgrade. We really appreciate all of your feedback! Your Forum Administrators
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Liarfly

Free Therapy Sessions

4 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post  

Right now I'm involved in a program that is giving me therapy sessions at no charge. We have 6 sessions left before I will have to start paying, but I'm currently unemployed and I have no financial support from my family. I really like my therapist and I don't want to lose this opportunity. Does anybody know of any resources or financial support in situations like this? Anything I can get will be great

Posted · Report post  

Hi there,

From my experience the National Institute on Mental Illness has some resources that could potentially help you. Google them and then on their site you can find their hot line number.

Take care,

DB

Posted · Report post  

Okay, thanks very much I will definitely look into what they have to offer!

Posted · Report post  

Is this a county mental health sponsored therapy? If so, when the program ends, you most likely will not be able to see your current therapist again. Usually, county mental health therapists only see county patients and haven't a private practice. If you're receiving treatment through a hospital program, many of those therapists have a private practice as well. NAMI provides free group therapy sessions where I live. There is no fee; however, donations are always welcome. You can go through a non-profit organization to continue with therapy at low or no cost to you. Do you qualify for Medicaid? or have you looked into getting Medicaid? Medcaid does have psychiatric programs. You may not have a wide selection of mental health practitioners and you may have to wait to see one. The plus with Medicaid is your psych meds are free or have a small copay.

Ask your therapist if he/she has a private practice. If he/she doesn't, then when your free sessions end, you will need to find another therapist.

Sheepwoman