Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Free Therapy Sessions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Liarfly

Liarfly

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 01:07 AM

Right now I'm involved in a program that is giving me therapy sessions at no charge. We have 6 sessions left before I will have to start paying, but I'm currently unemployed and I have no financial support from my family. I really like my therapist and I don't want to lose this opportunity. Does anybody know of any resources or financial support in situations like this? Anything I can get will be great

#2 dancingbanshee

dancingbanshee

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:11 PM

Hi there,

From my experience the National Institute on Mental Illness has some resources that could potentially help you. Google them and then on their site you can find their hot line number.

Take care,
DB

#3 Liarfly

Liarfly

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 03:33 PM

Okay, thanks very much I will definitely look into what they have to offer!

#4 Sheepwoman

Sheepwoman

Administrative Mod/Coordinator

• Admin Team- Mod/Administrator
  • 27,880 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 10:26 AM

Is this a county mental health sponsored therapy? If so, when the program ends, you most likely will not be able to see your current therapist again. Usually, county mental health therapists only see county patients and haven't a private practice. If you're receiving treatment through a hospital program, many of those therapists have a private practice as well. NAMI provides free group therapy sessions where I live. There is no fee; however, donations are always welcome. You can go through a non-profit organization to continue with therapy at low or no cost to you. Do you qualify for Medicaid? or have you looked into getting Medicaid? Medcaid does have psychiatric programs. You may not have a wide selection of mental health practitioners and you may have to wait to see one. The plus with Medicaid is your psych meds are free or have a small copay.

Ask your therapist if he/she has a private practice. If he/she doesn't, then when your free sessions end, you will need to find another therapist.
Sheepwoman
It is not the life I lived; but the life I leave behind. Posted Image
Sheepwoman

God will give you no more than you can handle. This is all a test to see if you are really ready for the good things that are going to come your way. All this pain is going to come back and make me stronger.-Clarence Clemmons 1942-2011

Everything I know, I know because I love. Leo Tolstoy War and Peace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users