Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Sertraline Dosage Increasing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 r90

r90

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:53 AM

Greetings all!

As most of you guys know, I suffer from BPD, OCD and depression. I've tried 6 meds before with no success, and Sertraline is my 7th med so I've been on Sertraline (Solotik) for almost 5 weeks, I haven't felt better at all yet, I know that I should wait for 8 weeks, but come on, it's exhausting!

Anyway I am going to increase my dosage 50 mg to 100 mg per day WITHOUT counselling my doc! I know that I shouldn't be doing so, and counselling my doctor is my primary choice, but I have no other option, I can't afford him anymore, things haven't been good at all lately...

What do you think? Any tip?

r90

Edited by r90, 03 September 2010 - 09:56 AM.

Borderline Personality Disorder: Is it just a diagnosis label or a constant chaos of suffering?

DepressionForums.org is a community support group for mental health issues, our job is to support, if you're seeking a medical advice or treatment, please refer to a qualified mental health professional
Posted Image

#2 jimbow15

jimbow15

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,241 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:00 AM

Hi r90,

Well I would have recommended that you see your Doctor to have your drug increased. After 5 weeks you should have felt at least a gradual feeling of getting better.

It did take me about 3 months initially get any real effect from my medication when I first started, but I did start at 10mg and ended up on 40mg which was the effective dose.

Best Wishes

Jim Bow

Edited by jimbow15, 03 September 2010 - 10:01 AM.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed." Albert E.

Information supplied on Depression Forums by members should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for medical advice from a health professional or doctor.

#3 r90

r90

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:30 AM

Here's an update:

So I took my sertraline for 2 weeks at 100mg, and yet nothing effective... Tomorrow I start my 7th week but this time at 200mg ( increasing it to the maximal dosage ) so I guess this is my last chance...

r90
Borderline Personality Disorder: Is it just a diagnosis label or a constant chaos of suffering?

DepressionForums.org is a community support group for mental health issues, our job is to support, if you're seeking a medical advice or treatment, please refer to a qualified mental health professional
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users