Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
r90

Sertraline Dosage Increasing

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Greetings all!

As most of you guys know, I suffer from BPD, OCD and depression. I've tried 6 meds before with no success, and Sertraline is my 7th med so I've been on Sertraline (Solotik) for almost 5 weeks, I haven't felt better at all yet, I know that I should wait for 8 weeks, but come on, it's exhausting!

Anyway I am going to increase my dosage 50 mg to 100 mg per day WITHOUT counselling my doc! I know that I shouldn't be doing so, and counselling my doctor is my primary choice, but I have no other option, I can't afford him anymore, things haven't been good at all lately...

What do you think? Any tip?

r90

Edited by r90

You might also be interested in:

Posted (edited)

Hi r90,

Well I would have recommended that you see your Doctor to have your drug increased. After 5 weeks you should have felt at least a gradual feeling of getting better.

It did take me about 3 months initially get any real effect from my medication when I first started, but I did start at 10mg and ended up on 40mg which was the effective dose.

Best Wishes

Jim Bow

Edited by jimbow15

Posted

Here's an update:

So I took my sertraline for 2 weeks at 100mg, and yet nothing effective... Tomorrow I start my 7th week but this time at 200mg ( increasing it to the maximal dosage ) so I guess this is my last chance...

r90