Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

How Do You Know When You Should Increase Dosage

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 adder

adder

ID: 51451

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:25 AM

hi..

i was wondering whether anyone knows when it's a good time to increase dosages?
i mean the i take it for OCD, and i understand you should give 3 months, but i were to test every dosage for 3 months (100,150,200) i would need a year! just to see if it works.

#2 Trace

Trace

Platinum Member

ID: 10376

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,085 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 06:08 AM

Hi Adder

The best thing for you to do is discuss this with your doctor, as each person is different and reacts differently to meds.

Trace
Listen in deep silence. Be very still and open your mind.... Sink deep into the peace that waits for you beyond the frantic, riotous thoughts and sights and sounds of this insane world. - A course of miracles.

True beauty must come, must be grown, from within.... - Ralph W Trine.

Posted Image

#3 jimbow15

jimbow15

Platinum Member

ID: 35694

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,241 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:27 PM

Hi adder,

You don't mention what medication or dosage you are on. You would expect to get an effective response in the first 6-8 weeks and if you need an increase on the dosage this is the time for your Doctor to check it effectiveness. Some Doctors will increase the dose after the first month it the response is poor and every month after that.

When you do increase the dosage it should become effective within 4 weeks and you would certainly notice the changes in how well you are feeling.

If your medication is nor being effective go and see you Doctor and he will adjust the doseage.

Best Wishes

Jim Bow
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed." Albert E.

Information supplied on Depression Forums by members should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for medical advice from a health professional or doctor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users