Advertisement
  • Announcements

• Lindsay

A Reminder that we are a PG13 Site   12/09/2016

Please keep in mind that NO content can be posted that is not PG13!  No sexual content and definitely not images which is not permitted in a post! We will delete it.  Not even memes or humorous images should be posted, if you want these forums to continue. NO IMAGES! If you want to post an image, post the URL pointing it to your gallery.  Again, Depressionforums.org is PG13!! Thank you~ ~Forum Admin  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
anxiety81

Effexor Once Or Twice A Day?

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Advertisement

Hello all

I was being weaned off effexor until I reached 37.5mg and now I have been put back up to the 75mg as I had a rebound from coming off the med.

my doc said I could take 37.5 in the morning and then 37.5mg in the evening. It is the XR dosage... She also said I could do just 75mg at night.

What does everyone else do? does anyone else like one way over another?

any help or advice would be great

thanks

You might also be interested in:

Posted

Hi anxiety81,

Depending on what (if any) side effects you get, it usually doesn't matter. Sometimes people may get a little restless, so it can be taken in the morning.

The XR version is meant to be once a day, so it really doesn't matter if the dose is split, or if you take it all at once.

Best wishes

Hircon

Posted

Probably best to stick to once a day. I am use to taking it at night. I took a 37.5mg extra as instructed by my doctor today. Now i was on 37.5mg for over 3 weeks now and just went back up today to 75mg. I can't remember but did anyone notice when they went up a dose that the brain zaps and anxiety went a little bit but that they were zombie like.

After taking the 37.5mg today... in a couple of hours i was just staring at stuff. NO FEELINGS at all.... just Blah

not depressed and not happy and not anxious?

Anyone else get this with a dosage increase? Is it going to be like when i started. Take a few weeks to work ?

Thanks for any help

Hi anxiety81,

Depending on what (if any) side effects you get, it usually doesn't matter. Sometimes people may get a little restless, so it can be taken in the morning.

The XR version is meant to be once a day, so it really doesn't matter if the dose is split, or if you take it all at once.

Best wishes

Hircon