Advertisement

Scheduled Maintenance:

Please be aware that depressionforums will be down for a short period beginning from 02:00 EST (07:00 GMT) on Sunday 21st December for necessary maintenance. We apologise for the inconvenience and it should only take about 45 minutes.

• No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Zoloft With Mood Stabilizer?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Barak

Barak

Advanced Member

ID: 49786

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:29 PM

Does anyone take Zoloft with mood stabilizer?
Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks

`Barak

#2 starr

starr

Silver Member

ID: 1886

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:48 PM

Hi,

I am on a combo of meds including zoloft,
abilify and neurontin (which is a mood
stabilizer). It helps with my anxiety
and also helps me sleep. For me it is
a must to keep me feeling good which I
do so it is worth it.

best wishes,
starr

#3 Sheepwoman

Sheepwoman

Administrative Mod/Coordinator

ID: 637

• Admin Team- Mod/Administrator
  • 28,041 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:37 PM

I take Zoloft with Lamictal and Neurontin. The Lamictal is my main mood stabilizer. The FDA no longer approves Neurontin for psychiatric use. It was considered a mild mood stabilizer at one time. Many pdocs still prescribe it. I Basically take Neurontin to control the tremors associated with Parkinsonism.
Sheepwoman
It is not the life I lived; but the life I leave behind. Posted Image
Sheepwoman

God will give you no more than you can handle. This is all a test to see if you are really ready for the good things that are going to come your way. All this pain is going to come back and make me stronger.-Clarence Clemmons 1942-2011

Everything I know, I know because I love. Leo Tolstoy War and Peace

#4 translucentshade

translucentshade

ID: 52147

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:33 AM

Yes, I take Zoloft with Risperdone and it has been working I guess, but it might be time to change things up a bit.

Lightly, dying down

the ache of a parting day, wearily

blankets me in a veil unknown

the eyes sink into sublime

I lower my head and surrender

lapsing into the cries of an aging mind.

#5 warpysaint

warpysaint

Silver Member

ID: 7345

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:39 PM

I take lamictal with Zoloft and Xanax XR. I think this mixture is working okay, although my wife says that I may be having seizures at night since I started the Lamictal. The lamictal was prescribed for a previously undiscovered seizure disorder, and in retrospect, I think that I had been prone to partial seizures with symptoms of deja vu, spacing out, and in recent years momentary lapses in awareness. I think the Lamictal has helped with these symptoms, but if my wife's assertions that I am having night seizures is correct, then it may be doing more harm than good. This will need to be discussed with my neurologist at my next apt.

-WS
In the beginning the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -Douglas Adams The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

"I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime..." -Big CountryPosted Image

#6 MrsP702

MrsP702

ID: 52504

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:09 AM

I am on Zoloft and Depakote. I am thinking they are not working because I noticing a worsening in my mental state and behavior. I am having more mixed episodes than ever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users