Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

No Interest And No Motivation

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 technoman5222

technoman5222

ID: 35305

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:29 PM

Hi forum! Today I feel bad. I feel really depressed today. I have no interest in doing anything, no motivation, my life sucks! I do the same old boring routine everyday it seems like it never changes. I have no interest in life anymore, I'm not happy at all! Everything in my life sucks. I just stay home I don't go anywhere anymore I keep to myself in my room. I don't even shave or groom myself anymore because I don't care. I don't eat that much anymore either. I could really care less about everything. I'm just so done and over life. I really don't care what happens anymore. Thanks for listening! :)

#2 Stuarachel

Stuarachel

ID: 32900

• PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:04 PM

Hi forum! Today I feel bad. I feel really depressed today. I have no interest in doing anything, no motivation, my life sucks! I do the same old boring routine everyday it seems like it never changes. I have no interest in life anymore, I'm not happy at all! Everything in my life sucks. I just stay home I don't go anywhere anymore I keep to myself in my room. I don't even shave or groom myself anymore because I don't care. I don't eat that much anymore either. I could really care less about everything. I'm just so done and over life. I really don't care what happens anymore. Thanks for listening! :)

I know how you feel my friend. I've felt that way for a couple of months and keep to my room all the time as well. I really don't know what to say to try and convince you to fight through it because like I said I'm in the same boat and maybe something will inspire you to go out or try something new. I hope you get out of the depression your suffering from because I know how bad and horrible it is.

#3 BetterOff

BetterOff

Platinum Member

ID: 50382

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,232 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:07 PM

Hello, just a short comment, (usual disclaimer), I am not a doctor or physician but it appears you are suffering from deep depression. Have you seen a doctor? Its sounds like you have low seratonin levels, these are the hormones that give you your highs and make you want to get up and do something, like get out walking, go to show, go bowling (excellent excersize) also you can get into a state of low seratonin by inactivity, i.e. staying in the room, not doing anything, etc. Please see your doctor, print out the above post and get in ASAP because you cannot snap out of this yourself. An anti-depressant will stimulate your brain to produce more seratonin and then you will feel more alive and ready to tackle the world, you will wanna get out and do things, you will feel much better about yourself. Please call your doctor asap as It sounds like you have general anxiety depression. Also talk to your family members about this, talking to others will help you out!
I would call and get in asap and get some help as soon as possible, then you will stop dwelling on bad things, not obsessing, etc. etc..
Wish I could help you more but to be blunt, you have got to make the appointment and yourself in and only you can help you at this point.
good luck and please get in to see your doctor!
Information supplied on Depression Forums by members should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for medical advice from a health professional or doctor.

#4 Violet31

Violet31

ID: 47678

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:07 PM

Hi Technoman,

Im sorry you feel so bad. I agree with Betteroff that it would be a good idea to see a doctor and get medication for your depression, because you dont need to feel this way. These thoughts are the result of a deep depression.

Have you tried medication?

I want to mention exercises. Its very important to exercise every day if youre depressed. I know that right now youre probably not motivated, but try. It really changes things. But please see a doctor.

Hoping youll feel better soon. :smile:
When you´re going through hell, keep going.
Winston Churchill

When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.

Viktor Frankl

Man is condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does.
Jean-Paul Sartre

Use adversity      Declare Independence 

Violet :rose:

Posted Image

#5 noodlepot

noodlepot

ID: 50367

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:34 PM

((((((technoman))))))

Sorry to hear that you are in such a dark place at the moment. I'm very much right there with you! (except I eat too much rather than too little. lol). I know it seems impossible to overcome this total lack of interest in life, but it is possible to make small inroads. Can you think back in time to anything that used to bring you pleasure/joy? Even something small? Perhaps you can find a way to force yourself to take on this pleasurable behaviour/activity again, and even though it may be an effort at first, eventually you might start to enjoy it for real. I'm trying to convince myself to do the same thing right now actually. Its really hard at first because my initial response to everything is 'what's the point?' but i've gotta keep challenging this idea I guess. I hope that something can change for you soon technoman, something that rekindles some small passion for life.

best
noodlepot

#6 thesleepinggiant

thesleepinggiant

ID: 10842

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:05 AM

I've had no interest and no motivation for awhile. Yesterday, when I read the symptom of depressions I realized that was the issue. I don't feel joy over anything anymore, either. Isn't going to the beach supposed to make you happy? It doesn't anymore for me.

I think that you have to do things to kickstart the motivation. You should partake in any kind of cheap exercise whether it's running, walking or biking. Exercising has helped me a little with the depression at times. Good Luck!

#7 FindingMyWay

FindingMyWay

ID: 51739

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:52 PM

Hello! no problem! that's why we're here. It's good that you're letting this out and that you're acknowledging it. You're not alone. I feel just like you, sometimes just knowing someone else gets what you're going through really helps you start the process of recovery. As others have mentioned you need to seek help. That's what I doing in about a week. Please do seek this help and please keep us updated on your progress.
take care!
-Findingmyway

#8 americandownunder

americandownunder

Advanced Member

ID: 8508

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:10 PM

I completely understand where you are. One of the worst things about depression for me is that I no longer enjoy things I used to - and it's hard to motivate myself to do anything when it doesn't seem like I'll enjoy it. And sometimes if I do try to see a movie, or go out for dinner, and I don't enjoy myself, it feels even worse than if I hadn't tried in the first place.

I don't have a solution unfortunately, but I wanted to say I feel for you - for us both. Medication has helped me some, but it doesn't get me back to where I was before I got depressed. Still it's worth giving a try. Therapy too.

FYI - SSRIs (a type of anti-depressants) don't actually increase serotonin production - they slow down the rate at which it's reabsorbed into the brain. Depression isn't necessarily about low serotonin levels, or about serotonin at all - it could be dopamine, or norepinephrin, or a number of other things. So if the SSRIs don't work for you, it's worth trying other types of drugs.

Hope you find some relief soon.
Midway on our life's journey, I found myself
in dark woods, the right road lost.
To speak about those woods is hard,
so tangled and rough and savage
that thinking about it now
I feel the old fear stirring.
Death is hardly more bitter.

-Dante

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users