Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Wellbutrin And Male Libido.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 prayforbrighterdays69

prayforbrighterdays69

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:40 PM

Hey,

I have noticed women seem to have a good libido boost from Wellbutrin. Is this the same for men?>

Any men on this forum experienced a libido boost from Wellbutrin? How long did it take to notice this boost? Thanks,

#2 jimbow15

jimbow15

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,241 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:50 AM

Hi prayforbrighterdays69 ,

It does seem that for some people Wellbutrin can boost male libido, I hope you hear from members who have found this.

Best Wishes

Jim Bow
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed." Albert E.

Information supplied on Depression Forums by members should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for medical advice from a health professional or doctor.

#3 Aerial

Aerial

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:42 PM

Although I'm not a professional or an expert, I've read that Wellbutrin seldom affects libido. If you've been depressed a return to normal can seem like a boost (and there's nothing wrong with that, of course). Still, I like to remind everyone that we all have unique responses to medications.

I hope Wellbutrin will be a help to you and that you are on the path to healing from depression!

Take care,
Aerial

Edited by Aerial, 24 July 2010 - 09:43 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

"We've been around, we fall, we fly
We mostly fall, we mostly run
And every now and then we try
To mend the damage that we've done..."

(Song of Bernadette, lyrics by Leonard Cohen)

"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time." James Taylor

#4 prayforbrighterdays69

prayforbrighterdays69

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 02:42 PM

Hi Jim and Ariel,

Thanks for your reply.

I have come off hormone replacement therapy, and I have had no libido (on treatment, and now off) for many months. My doctor suggested Wellbutrin, as he said it would not affect my libido, and maybe even help it.

I just haven't had any sexual desire for > 6 months. It is putting a strain on my relationship!!!!!! I can still perform, but i dont feel the "sexual feelings" in my body.

Mood is important to me, but i think the lack of libido is affecting my mood a lot. It would be a welcome benefit if I could get it back. I think my mood would be boosted a ton if I could enjoy sex again- and having sex itself, is a good mood booster.

Best,

Although I'm not a professional or an expert, I've read that Wellbutrin seldom affects libido. If you've been depressed a return to normal can seem like a boost (and there's nothing wrong with that, of course). Still, I like to remind everyone that we all have unique responses to medications.

I hope Wellbutrin will be a help to you and that you are on the path to healing from depression!

Take care,
Aerial

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users