Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
steffialexa

Fluoxetine And Nytol?

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Advertisement

I've got pretty bad insomnia at the moment and am on 20mg fluoxetine a day and was wondering if I'm safe to take 2 Nytol pills (the recommended dose)? I bought them when I was on citalopram and the pharmacist told me to take just 1 because the citalopram should already make me feel sleepy. I'm just really fed up of not being able to sleep! Though how much help Nytol will be remains to be seen...

You might also be interested in:

Posted

Hi steffialexa,

I have no heard of any contra indicators for taking Nytol and any SSRI med. I do not believe it has any active ingredients that affect Prozac.

Do ask you Doctor though just to check.

Best Wishes

Jim Bow

Posted

Prozac is an "energizing" AD for most people and should be taken in the morning. I found taking it after 10AM, I would be awake all night. Confer with your pdoc in regards to your insomnia and ask if taking Nytol would be appropriate.

Sheepwoman

Posted

Hi steffialexa,

I have no heard of any contra indicators for taking Nytol and any SSRI med. I do not believe it has any active ingredients that affect Prozac.

Do ask you Doctor though just to check.

Best Wishes

Jim Bow

Okay, thanks. I'll ask my GP/psychiatrist when I next see one of them if this carries on.

Prozac is an "energizing" AD for most people and should be taken in the morning. I found taking it after 10AM, I would be awake all night. Confer with your pdoc in regards to your insomnia and ask if taking Nytol would be appropriate.

Sheepwoman

Ah, okay, I wasn't told that when I was prescribed it. I don't think I've taken it earlier than about 10AM before as I've had mild insomnia for as long as I can remember and it's only gotten worse with the depression (add in a fear of sleeping and you have quite the fun mix(!)) so am rarely up before then now that school's finished. I'll set an alarm to go off and take it earlier, see if that works.

Thanks again!

Posted

For the past few days I've tried taking fluoxetine between 5am and 7am. It's made no difference. It's now 2pm and I still haven't gone to sleep, I just can't. I'm guessing this probably isn't down to the medication TBH, but my doctor's going to know very soon because it's driving me insane!