Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Coming off Zoloft, starting Cymbalta

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jrb514

jrb514

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 08:36 AM

Hey all,

I'm new here, really glad to have found these forums.

I've been on Zoloft for anxiety for the past 10 months or so. I eventually worked my way up to 200 mg, and after every increase in dose I felt better but then the effects would seem dulled (though I certainly felt a lot better than not being on it). My psychiatrist recommended that I try Cymbalta, so he tapered off the Zoloft (50 mg less every week) and once I got down to 50 mg recommended that I take 30 mg of Cymbalta.

I've been taking 30 mg for the past 4 days now, and I feel terrible. I'm frequented by thoughts of dread and hopelessness, which I understand are just elements of the drug / my disorder, but are unpleasant nonetheless. Does this get better on the Cymbalta or no? I'm wondering if this might just be a transitional hiccup caused by taking such a low dose of Zoloft when the Cymbalta possibly hasn't kicked yet. I'm calling my doctor tomorrow, but I thought I'd check and see if anyone else has had a similar experience. From what I can tell Cymbalta is either viewed as a miracle drug or a devil's root, and I guess it just depends on the person, but yeah, I was just wondering if anyone else had the experience of a hiccup or a discontinuity when transitioning between Zoloft and Cymbalta.

Thanks all,

Jimmy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users