Advertisement

Scheduled Maintenance:

Please be aware that depressionforums will be down for a short period beginning from 02:00 EST (07:00 GMT) on Sunday 21st December for necessary maintenance. We apologise for the inconvenience and it should only take about 45 minutes.

• No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Prozac Withdrawal....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#1 toots_83

toots_83

ID: 91

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:19 AM

OMG..this prozac withdrawal is driving me insane. I haven't slept right in a couple of days and I am exhausted. I am taking 20mg every other day and finding it really hard to sleep. When I am about to fall asleep my heart flutters and I wake up startled and panicky. I also have this breathing issue where I can't FEEL whether I am breathing or not and feels better to breathe against something...like putting my shirt or pillow against my mouth and nose, so I can feel the motion of my breathe. I am currently taking .5 ativan at night just to calm down in order to sleep but I am afraid of getting addicted. Will I get addicted on that dose? Is there anything else I can take at night to calm down or fall asleep? Will Xanax work better? I take melatonin and it makes me sleepy but the anxiety keeps me up. Do you think Benadryl works better? How about valerian root? I need something soon cause these sleepless night are causing me more anxiety. I want to start 5htp soon but waiting till I taper off prozac or will a LITTLE 5htp help with the withdrawal.

#2 Guest_iowa_*

Guest_iowa_*

ID: 0

• Guests

Posted 31 May 2010 - 05:32 PM

Hi toots_83, I'm sorry that you are having such difficulties getting off Prozac! It's not usually advised to take 5HTP with anti-depressants because of the possibility of serotonin syndrome. Since you're tapering off, Prozac, your doctor might think it okay to add a small amount of 5HTP. It's never wise to take any preparation with anti depressants except under physician supervision.
There isn't much difference between ativan and xanax as far as possibly becoming dependent. You have a very low dose of ativan. Many people take a benzo during tapering off an AD and don't become dependent because it's a relatively short period of time. I think you're probably better off taking what you're been prescribed rather than experiment with other substances (but that's just my opinion).
iowa

#3 Avian86

Avian86

ID: 43921

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 07:01 PM

Prozac has a half life of about a week. I've never heard of ANYONE having a withdrawal from a drug with such a long half life.

#4 toots_83

toots_83

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:03 AM

Prozac has a half life of about a week. I've never heard of ANYONE having a withdrawal from a drug with such a long half life.

That's what I thought. I thought I was safe from withdrawal but was I WRONG. Then I did some researching on blogs and it seems I'm not alone. I guess it depends on the individual.

#5 toots_83

toots_83

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:18 PM

Wow this withdrawal is sooo hard. I was being brave but didn't mentally prepare for this. I haven't really slept in the last week and have been having major stomach problems and OCD. I also have this weird thing where I stop breathing and when I realize I've stopped breathing I would take a big breath and that is almost every 5 minutes, and it happens in my sleep too. I won't even get started on the diarrhea. I was started on Gaba 500mg 3x a day and its not working how I want it to. It makes me tired with a hint of anxiety. Not like ativan(1mg) where it eliminates my anxiety without making me too tired. I would like to take ativan for my anxiety but I don't want to mix with GABA or get addicted to it. Last night, I thought I would take the last two GABA closer together so I can get a better sleep at night but i still had panic attacks in my sleep and I couldn't wake up today. I was thinking of adding benadryl for sleep. Next week I start on 25mg of 5htp. I hope I'll be out of this hell soon.

#6 AngelOfTheMoor

AngelOfTheMoor

ID: 36629

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:10 PM

Thanks for the update, toots. I've used Benadryl to sleep before. That sounds like a living nightmare. Much worse than my withdrawal from Zoloft, which was pretty bad. Congrats on getting through it. I hope that the 5-htp works well for you.

#7 toots_83

toots_83

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:30 AM

I hope so too. I will let you know how it goes.

I forgot to add in my previous post that I am also experience a pressure on the left side of my head and there's a humming in my left ear. It didn't start till i stop Prozac and I understand it could be from the withdrawal but what could be causing the pressure? I hope its nothing serious. :shocked:

#8 booboobasketcase

booboobasketcase

ID: 48467

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:52 PM

OMG..this prozac withdrawal is driving me insane. I haven't slept right in a couple of days and I am exhausted. I am taking 20mg every other day and finding it really hard to sleep. When I am about to fall asleep my heart flutters and I wake up startled and panicky. I also have this breathing issue where I can't FEEL whether I am breathing or not and feels better to breathe against something...like putting my shirt or pillow against my mouth and nose, so I can feel the motion of my breathe. I am currently taking .5 ativan at night just to calm down in order to sleep but I am afraid of getting addicted. Will I get addicted on that dose? Is there anything else I can take at night to calm down or fall asleep? Will Xanax work better? I take melatonin and it makes me sleepy but the anxiety keeps me up. Do you think Benadryl works better? How about valerian root? I need something soon cause these sleepless night are causing me more anxiety. I want to start 5htp soon but waiting till I taper off prozac or will a LITTLE 5htp help with the withdrawal.

If you want to get off Prozac, try taking magnesium glycinate available at certain health food stores. It is a new and better acting form of magnesium, will relax your nerves. I have taken magnesium for ten years now. I'd rather take it than tranquilizers as there are no addicting properties to it. Magnesium is essential to life...it is believed many people are deficient in it. Ask your dr. first. If you can't find the glycinate form take magnesium oxide or magnesium citrate. They work good too. But don't take calcium with it as they can fight against each other.Hope this helps !

#9 dkalweit

dkalweit

ID: 49245

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:33 AM

I was just searching the forum here, and noticed this thread is actually recent... I recently have gone through a pretty bad Prozac withdrawal and ended up re-instating to stabilize... Long half-life or not, it definitely does affect some people more than others...

I was on 10mg for about a year, and then 20mg for 1.5 weeks(my doctor adjusted my dose to try to help with some increased anxiety)-- and I crashed... Very emotional, depressed, etc. I then weaned off over the next week or so-- during the weaning time I was a bit more OK. After I was off, I was off for about a week, and had a horrible week-- emotional, depressed, loss of appetite, insomnia, jittery, etc... I decided I couldn't take it anymore, and re-instated at 10mg. It's been 12 days, and I'm feeling I'm stabilizing and feeling generally better... I have yet to decide if I'll attempt to wean off again.

Something that may have increased the severity of my withdrawal, was that I also stopped Prilosec(a proton pump inhibitor for acid reflux) at the same time, as I felt I just wanted to be 'done with drugs'... It increased my acid, but from what I've read, both Prozac and Prilosec are highly protein-bound-- and the way protein-bound meds work, is sometimes the meds can compete for protien to 'bind' to-- and if the med can't bind to the protein, it becomes pharmaceutically active sooner than it should(versus a little at a time)... Which could have affected my withdrawal in some way...

Either way, I just wanted to chime in to say that you're not alone in feeling Prozac withdrawal-- I've felt it, and it's horrible... And I only dropped from 20/10mg, which is not nearly the higher doses that many are on...

Good luck.

--
Derek

#10 toots_83

toots_83

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:22 PM

Thanks for chiming in. I think I am feeling better today. Still jittery and scared but it has lessened. I think it is definitely possible to get off these drugs so please don't give up. Although, it is easier to have people or support around. I tried to talk to friends, family during the day and even though they said I was complaining..I didn't care and still whined to them haha. I made sure I have the number to a COPE line that way if no one was around I could cry to them. I am trying my best to find natural ways to fall asleep but sometimes I have to take that little bit of ativan because if I don't sleep everything gets worse the next day. But I have to say I feel a little different today. Which is a plus in my books.

#11 toots_83

toots_83

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:47 AM

Wow..I have been taking 3x 50mg 5htp daily and even though I am not out of the dark yet, it has helped me tremendously with my withdrawal. I found myself laughing and making conversation but still feeling a little bit of anxiety of course. I tried 100mg GABA and didn't help on its own. It helps when I take it along with my 5htp. I was really freaking out at the beginning because of was scared of serotonin syndrome but added the products slowly. I first started off cutting the 5htp pills and taking it only at night and worked it up to 3x 50mg a day. I feel better than my wreckless self for sure. Sleep is still an issue but I will work on it. I am just curious though..at what point would I know the anxiety I am experiencing is withdrawal anxiety or my true anxiety. Do I have to give it a couple of months or should I know by now.

#12 dkalweit

dkalweit

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:41 AM

Wow..I have been taking 3x 50mg 5htp daily and even though I am not out of the dark yet, it has helped me tremendously with my withdrawal. I found myself laughing and making conversation but still feeling a little bit of anxiety of course. I tried 100mg GABA and didn't help on its own. It helps when I take it along with my 5htp. I was really freaking out at the beginning because of was scared of serotonin syndrome but added the products slowly. I first started off cutting the 5htp pills and taking it only at night and worked it up to 3x 50mg a day. I feel better than my wreckless self for sure. Sleep is still an issue but I will work on it. I am just curious though..at what point would I know the anxiety I am experiencing is withdrawal anxiety or my true anxiety. Do I have to give it a couple of months or should I know by now.

How interesting-- I just started 5htp last night myself... I got 50mg tabs and split them. I took one. I had a little anxiety last night and this morning about potential serotonin syndrome(particularly since I'm still on 10mg prozac; I haven't weaned off anymore yet). I decided to not take it today anyways-- I'll probably take it again if/when I feel I need the extra boost. Possibly even 'as needed'...

To me, I have to look back 1-2 weeks at how I felt, and determine logically, "I don't feel like that now". Such as, "I no longer feel like I have adrenaline running through my system constantly like I did 2-3 weeks ago". Or, "I no longer fear going to bed at night; even tho I still have some very slight anxiety".

I'd encourage you to look back objectively to try to find things like this that you're better now than then. Realizing this is very helpful.

As for your anxiety, it's possible it's your original anxiety, or it could still be withdrawal... I believe it may be impossible to ever know exactly what the cause is. There are people on here that have had symptoms continue for 8 months after ceasation of Prozac('prozac adverse reaction' thread, I believe). Instead of trying to attribute the anxiety to something, I would try to deal with it instead. Learn to relax-- deep breathing(exhale slightly slower than inhaling) to activate the vagus nerve and the parasympathetic nervous system. This will help with physical symptoms of anxiety/panic. If you focus your mind on your breathing, it can also distract you from the cognitive aspect of anxiety as well. If you're not seeing a therapist for your anxiety, it may be helpful to do so. If you can't, finding someone that will simply listen to you talk through your problems might help... Failing that, writing in a journal can also be very helpful.

--
Derek

#13 jimbow15

jimbow15

Platinum Member

ID: 35694

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,241 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:33 AM

Hi toots_83,

Withdrawal symptoms can last a while or even come later on after a few months after withdrawal. So be careful with any additional Hppt5 you take. Glad to hear it is helping your withdrawal symptoms.

Keep us all informed.

I got off Prozac by switching to Citalopram which is now working great.

Best Wishes

Jim Bow
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed." Albert E.

Information supplied on Depression Forums by members should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for medical advice from a health professional or doctor.

#14 toots_83

toots_83

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:34 AM

How interesting-- I just started 5htp last night myself... I got 50mg tabs and split them. I took one. I had a little anxiety last night and this morning about potential serotonin syndrome(particularly since I'm still on 10mg prozac; I haven't weaned off anymore yet). I decided to not take it today anyways-- I'll probably take it again if/when I feel I need the extra boost. Possibly even 'as needed'...

To me, I have to look back 1-2 weeks at how I felt, and determine logically, "I don't feel like that now". Such as, "I no longer feel like I have adrenaline running through my system constantly like I did 2-3 weeks ago". Or, "I no longer fear going to bed at night; even tho I still have some very slight anxiety".

I'd encourage you to look back objectively to try to find things like this that you're better now than then. Realizing this is very helpful.

As for your anxiety, it's possible it's your original anxiety, or it could still be withdrawal... I believe it may be impossible to ever know exactly what the cause is. There are people on here that have had symptoms continue for 8 months after ceasation of Prozac('prozac adverse reaction' thread, I believe). Instead of trying to attribute the anxiety to something, I would try to deal with it instead. Learn to relax-- deep breathing(exhale slightly slower than inhaling) to activate the vagus nerve and the parasympathetic nervous system. This will help with physical symptoms of anxiety/panic. If you focus your mind on your breathing, it can also distract you from the cognitive aspect of anxiety as well. If you're not seeing a therapist for your anxiety, it may be helpful to do so. If you can't, finding someone that will simply listen to you talk through your problems might help... Failing that, writing in a journal can also be very helpful.

Writing might definitely work for me. I wish you luck in your trials of 5htp. I have heard of people on AD's and 5htp together but in very low doses. How was that low dose for you, other than the slight anxiety from worrying about serotonin syndrome? Are you planning to get off prozac completely?

I got off Prozac by switching to Citalopram which is now working great.

This is what I will do if all else fails.

Edited by toots_83, 16 June 2010 - 11:36 AM.

#15 dkalweit

dkalweit

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:53 AM

Writing might definitely work for me. I wish you luck in your trials of 5htp. I have heard of people on AD's and 5htp together but in very low doses. How was that low dose for you, other than the slight anxiety from worrying about serotonin syndrome? Are you planning to get off prozac completely?

I actually did take the 25mg dose of 5htp after doing some research this morning. At my very low 10mg prozac dose, and very low 25mg 5htp, it shouldn't be too likely to cause any toxic levels... If the #'s I found are correct, it should be similar to eating 3.x eggs(70mg per egg of l-trypophan, 5htp 10x as strong as l-trptophan; so 25mg 5htp=250mg l-trypophan, or 3.57 eggs). At this level, I've rationalized that I don't have to worry. ;-)

As for effects, I suppose I feel better, but I can't directly attribute it to the 5-htp due to other supplements I'm taking, time of the day(my mood varies; and is generally worst in the mornings; lately I hit my low in the mid/late morning), and of course the placebo factor of taking something new like this...

--
Derek

#16 toots_83

toots_83

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:31 AM

Here's a little update. Well I ended up getting worse as the days went by and even though 50mg 5htp for 3x a day did calm me down it didn't help with the panic attacks. I was still having them in my sleep and whenever I worried about being home alone and was hyperventilating/freaking out. Went to my doctor and he put me on 0.5mg Klonopin/clonazepam 2x day for the next 2 weeks. Not sure whether I should still take the 5htp along with it considering I have a bit of depression too. I am feeling much better, still a little anxiety and my OCD is still here but I am worried about taking a benzo and its addictive nature. It does make me sleep better but makes me dizzy during the day. Will this go away? I am also afraid of gaining weight on Klonopin, is that possible? I think the doctor wants me on it till the prozac is out of my system. I think I'm at 24 days prozac free and I think it takes about 45 days to exit the system. Either way, I am very afraid of the weight gain. Please help me, thanks.

Edited by toots_83, 27 June 2010 - 12:32 AM.

#17 AngelOfTheMoor

AngelOfTheMoor

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:06 PM

Thanks for the update, toots. Sorry that I can't answer your questions, but I'm glad to know how you're doing.

I think these are questions that you should probably ask your doctor, too. I know it's good to know about others' experiences, too, though. I'd probably hold off on the 5-htp until I got a doctor's opinion (consent, really). Have you gained any weight so far on Klonopin? I doubt that such a short span of taking it could lead to weight gain, but I don't know anything about Klonopin, so I'm obviously no expert.

#18 toots_83

toots_83

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 01:48 AM

Thanks for the update, toots. Sorry that I can't answer your questions, but I'm glad to know how you're doing.

I think these are questions that you should probably ask your doctor, too. I know it's good to know about others' experiences, too, though. I'd probably hold off on the 5-htp until I got a doctor's opinion (consent, really). Have you gained any weight so far on Klonopin? I doubt that such a short span of taking it could lead to weight gain, but I don't know anything about Klonopin, so I'm obviously no expert.

Yeah just wanted to update just in case someone else was going through the same thing and they don't have to feel alone. No i haven't gained weight but my appetite came back with worries me a bit. It's good to have an appetite but not when you want to eat everything in sight. I am just worried about weight gain in the future. I will continue to update in a few weeks. Thanks again.

#19 Libra369

Libra369

ID: 49841

• PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 03:42 PM

I've had prozac withdrawal and it was two weeks of hell. I ended up seeing a doctor because I had no idea what was wrong with me, he said in 2 weeks it would be out of my system since it is an antidepressant that usually hangs around a bit longer. I got the bright idea to only take it every other day without the advice of a doc then stopped. Instead of taking it every other day, I might recommend just emptying out the pills halfway and taking 10mg every day. It might level things out for you. I've also heard of pouring the powder from the capsules directly in some orange juice.

#20 toots_83

toots_83

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 12:07 AM

I've had prozac withdrawal and it was two weeks of hell. I ended up seeing a doctor because I had no idea what was wrong with me, he said in 2 weeks it would be out of my system since it is an antidepressant that usually hangs around a bit longer. I got the bright idea to only take it every other day without the advice of a doc then stopped. Instead of taking it every other day, I might recommend just emptying out the pills halfway and taking 10mg every day. It might level things out for you. I've also heard of pouring the powder from the capsules directly in some orange juice.

Thank you for replying! I mean I am already 31 days without prozac..so I really don't want to go back on and try to wean off.. I might as well fight it a little bit longer and take the klonopin for another week till I can see my doctor next week. But if it comes down to me not being able to handle being off an ssri I might give the 10mg prozac a try or go back on my old favorite Celexa. It worked well but pooped out on me. Panic is being controlled by the Klonopin but god I'm dizzy and tired. Sometimes I feel like I can't feel my legs or they feel really heavy and walking feels weird. Although my panic is ok my OCD is still going wild and my depressive negative thoughts are strong. The other night I was crying to my boyfriend how he didn't love me and I was dead set on proving it even though he was hugging me and rubbing my back and kissing my forehead over and over, I couldn't stop hyperventilating and all this because he was irritated with me doing his laundry incorrectly. He seems to be the only one that I feel safe around and he's hardly even around so I am sort of racked up in fear everyday. We don't live together and he DJ's at night and he's tried to cut down on the things he has to do so he can stay with me but he needs to make money. Anyone like this too? Afraid to be alone. When I am alone I get fearful negative thoughts that I can't turn off, not even with deep breathing. Now that I think about it I did stop taking 5htp for a week when I started Klonopin, maybe taking it again would help with the depression??

EDIT: I'm not sure what to do with the OCD though..klonopin not helping and neither is 5htp.

Edited by toots_83, 03 July 2010 - 12:09 AM.

#21 toots_83

toots_83

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 03:42 AM

Another update here! Had to get off klonopin cause it was causing me major dizzyiness and sleepiness. Now I am back to taking Ativan as needed and other supplements. It has been a little over a month and the only thing that has changed is that I notice I anger/cry easy but I am feeling more things. Certain things interest me again and I actually miss doing things I use to do. I know prozac has a long half life but it doesn't mean that my brains chemisty wasn't altered by these meds and it has to normalize itself. But honestly how long until I feel like myself again without the anger and crying. I would love to hear from someone who has gone through prozac withdrawal. Seems like my senses are going crazy. Loud sounds annoy me, bright lights give me headaches and pretty much anything that stimulates me annoys me. My boyfriend wants me to go to a bar on Sunday to celebrate the last FIFA soccer game but I was thinking "ARE YOU NUTS!" I'll go insane everytime someone cheers or boos! I am such a downer right now and feel really pathetic. I really want to do fun things but they get me all worked up. Even laughing too much makes me feel all drained. ARGHH when will this end?

Things I am taking:

Ativan 0.5mg (when needed)
Nervoheel
Neauraxan
Passiflora plex
25mg 5htp (maybe this needs to be higher)
Bcomplex
Omega 3
Probiotic
Iodine(for thyroid)
Vitamin C
adrenal supplements (pregnenolone etc.)
Progesterone at night to sleep

Edited by toots_83, 10 July 2010 - 03:42 AM.

#22 matt9914

matt9914

ID: 42829

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:04 PM

Another update here! Had to get off klonopin cause it was causing me major dizzyiness and sleepiness. Now I am back to taking Ativan as needed and other supplements. It has been a little over a month and the only thing that has changed is that I notice I anger/cry easy but I am feeling more things. Certain things interest me again and I actually miss doing things I use to do. I know prozac has a long half life but it doesn't mean that my brains chemisty wasn't altered by these meds and it has to normalize itself. But honestly how long until I feel like myself again without the anger and crying. I would love to hear from someone who has gone through prozac withdrawal. Seems like my senses are going crazy. Loud sounds annoy me, bright lights give me headaches and pretty much anything that stimulates me annoys me. My boyfriend wants me to go to a bar on Sunday to celebrate the last FIFA soccer game but I was thinking "ARE YOU NUTS!" I'll go insane everytime someone cheers or boos! I am such a downer right now and feel really pathetic. I really want to do fun things but they get me all worked up. Even laughing too much makes me feel all drained. ARGHH when will this end?

Things I am taking:

Nervoheel
Neauraxan
Passiflora plex
25mg 5htp (maybe this needs to be higher)
Bcomplex
Omega 3
Probiotic
Iodine(for thyroid)
Vitamin C
Progesterone at night to sleep

pregnenolone, why are you taking this? have you had it tested? have you tested all your hormones?
update on seroquel and lithium for derpresion, tapered from 600 seroquel. Not doing well,

#23 toots_83

toots_83

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 03:49 AM

Things I am taking:

Celexa 10mg
Passiflora plex
Omega 3
Probiotic
Iodine(for thyroid)
Vitamin C

pregnenolone, why are you taking this? have you had it tested? have you tested all your hormones?

sorry for the late reply..but I am taking it for my adrenal fatigue.I had the saliva test done and the 24hr cortisol urine test. Saliva test came back with abnormal results but nothing abnormal with urine test. I have low cortisol(?) during the morning and it helps produce more cortisol during that time cause I only take it right after I wake up and not at night. Although I am having insomnia from withdrawals so I dont sleep all night..only to sleep all morning and wake up in the afternoon to take it. So I'm never truly taking it in the morning...Why do you ask? Are you taking pregnenolone or have info about it?? thanks.

PS> I have changed some of the medications in the quote above as I have reinstated 10mg of Celexa. I will have to go back on to do a really SLOW taper. Feeling so hopeless lately.

Edited by toots_83, 30 July 2010 - 03:52 AM.

#24 AngelOfTheMoor

AngelOfTheMoor

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:02 PM

I have changed some of the medications in the quote above as I have reinstated 10mg of Celexa. I will have to go back on to do a really SLOW taper. Feeling so hopeless lately.

Just thought that you might need one of these. :hugs: Hang in there. I'm sure it'll all work out, in the end.

#25 toots_83

toots_83

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:19 PM

I have changed some of the medications in the quote above as I have reinstated 10mg of Celexa. I will have to go back on to do a really SLOW taper. Feeling so hopeless lately.

Just thought that you might need one of these. :hugs: Hang in there. I'm sure it'll all work out, in the end.

Yes I need all the hugs I can get. Whether cyber or in real life...but then again its sort of lacking in real life..so thank you from the bottom of my heart.

#26 toots_83

toots_83

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:54 PM

Wow I feel no relief on 10mg. I feel like a little child who has to have their mommy there and I can't let anyone leave my side. Physical symptoms are hell with panic and heart palpitations. I feel like I can't breathe most of the time. Maybe the withdrawal symptoms are still with me and 10 isn't cutting it. Should I make my way up to 15 or 20mg. I know its only 2 weeks on this but I dont remember any AD never working for me at the beginning. thanks.

#27 toots_83

toots_83

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:03 AM

I can't sleep but I feel like I am obssessing about this. 10mg Celexa is doing nothing..im so close to reaching for my pills and just adding another 20mg on top. But I don't want to sabotage myself from the tapering process. Is 10mg even strong enough to stabilize?? Its a question I keep asking myself?!? I mean if I go up to 20mg..how do i do a liquid taper? How long will it take me to taper?? I'm not comfortable cutting pills cause they always come out crooked or too much of one end and not enough on another. ARrrghhhh!! Sorry I just need some reassuring.

#28 ChrystalR

ChrystalR

Platinum Member

ID: 25013

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,927 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:54 AM

Toots_83, you should only change your dosage after consulting with your doctor, and under a doctors supervision, unless you experience severe side-effects. We are not professionals, but I do care :hugs: Hope it goes okay :happy:

*Big hug!*

ChrystalR
*.*.*

Suspect I may, yet not directly tell:
For being both to me, both to each friend.
I guess one angel in another's hell:
The truth I shall not know, but live in doubt,
Till my bad angel fire my good one out.

Posted Image

*.*.*

#29 toots_83

toots_83

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:32 PM

Toots_83, you should only change your dosage after consulting with your doctor, and under a doctors supervision, unless you experience severe side-effects. We are not professionals, but I do care :hugs: Hope it goes okay :happy:

*Big hug!*

ChrystalR

Thank you for caring!!! I was so confused and now I have some direction. I believe I will have to go back up to my last dose which worked for me which was 20mg. I will see my doctor for sure as I don't have enough pills to last me if I do make it 20mg. I hope it works when I get them.

#30 enjoythemoment

enjoythemoment

ID: 56680

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:56 PM

Well i know this trigger all of these emotions we have i for one had theme triggered from food poisioning one day that turned up being h pylori bacteria my mind just snaps but after 3 years and th h pylori being gone im on a mission to discontinue my meds it had helped me for the time i needed it but now im doing the withdraw things you all suffer from it is true you do loseweight, front of head feels numb, diareah, wierd thoughts roaming,eating habbits just flip out, but im on 10mg down from 20mg it was crazy madness but i survived that drop and im debating on how to finish off the 10mg my drop from 30 to 20 odd but the drop from 20 to 10 hell and back but it takes a few months in between each drop im going to be on 10 mg for this month maybe next month then do another drop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users