Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Is There Anyone On Trazodone And Seroquel For Anxiety?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 guelfo

guelfo

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 04:15 PM

Hi there
my first topic here, hope we can get good discussion :)

I'm taking Lexapro 20mg, Trazodone 150 at night (for sleep and to help depression/anxiety) and now I've started seroquel 25mg at night because I wasn't happy with the results. I was still on anxiety and depression so I was taking Sulpirine 100mg but it didn't work for good mood.

So I realize that the only med that can relief my anxiety instead of benzo (clonazepam) is seroquel. Is there anyone taking these or at least trazodone and seroquel?

It does relief anxiety and helps a lot to don't get sad thoughts (seroquel) ... I'm just afraid of side effects

Thanks guys

- Guelfo

#2 mom2pg

mom2pg

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:06 PM

Hi there

I'm taking Lexapro 20mg, Trazodone 150 at night (for sleep and to help depression/anxiety) and now I've started seroquel 25mg at night because I wasn't happy with the results. I was still on anxiety and depression so I was taking Sulpirine 100mg but it didn't work for good mood.

So I realize that the only med that can relief my anxiety instead of benzo (clonazepam) is seroquel. Is there anyone taking these or at least trazodone and seroquel?

It does relief anxiety and helps a lot to don't get sad thoughts (seroquel) ... I'm just afraid of side effects

Thanks guys

- Guelfo

I have taken both Seroquel and Trazadone, but was given strict orders to eliminate the Trazadone when starting the Seroquel. I felt pretty groggy on Seroquel although I slept great, but I can not imagine taking both. I would think that could be dangerous, although your Seroquel is a very low dose. You might check with your pharmacist to make sure that you can take both drugs together.

#3 guelfo

guelfo

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:33 PM

Hi there

Thanks guys

- Guelfo

I have taken both Seroquel and Trazadone, but was given strict orders to eliminate the Trazadone when starting the Seroquel. I felt pretty groggy on Seroquel although I slept great, but I can not imagine taking both. I would think that could be dangerous, although your Seroquel is a very low dose. You might check with your pharmacist to make sure that you can take both drugs together.

Well today is the fifth day I took both and I don't feel anything anormal. Just wake up very tired.. you may be right the best way to go is adjust the dosage so I'll consult my doctor wed. Btw at 25mg seroquel and 150 trazodone I don't think it can cause some problem.. anyway I'll check Thanks!

#4 Avian86

Avian86

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:33 AM

Been on 100mg of Trazodone and 400mg of Seroquel. Both did nothing for my anxiety but helped me sleep before I got tolerant to them.

#5 julidarlin

julidarlin

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:07 PM

Hi Guelfo,

I'm taking 100mg Seroquel and 100mg Traz. I was groggy for the first week, but now I'm fine. It does help my anxiety!
Hope it works for you, too. ~Juli
"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves." ~Dalai Lama

#6 rabbysma

rabbysma

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 07:16 PM

Hi there

Thanks guys

- Guelfo

I took Seroquel for about a month at night. I took 25 to 50mg as needed to sleep. Did not see any mental health benefits just sleepiness. Dr. d/c the Seroquel yesterday. Gave me ambien to help me sleep.
This probably isnt much help to you but that was my experience with this med...
Hope you are well!
Ruth

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users