Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Taking Imodium With Lexapro

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ashen311

Ashen311

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 05:45 PM

I'm assuming it's perfectly fine to take imodium ad along with lexapro, correct?

#2 Guest_iowa_*

Guest_iowa_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:06 PM

Hi Ashen, Yes, it is safe to take immodium with Lexapro. If you want to see a complete list of medications not to take, you can find them on websites given in this link:
http://www.depressio...ites-t1836.html
iowa

#3 Deepster

Deepster

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:27 PM

I'm assuming it's perfectly fine to take imodium ad along with lexapro, correct?

I'm on board with Iowa. I have even been told to take imodium during the upstart of some meds. Even now, depending on my eating habits the day before, and the enourmous amounts of water I sometimes drink in the morning, imodium is a good thing. It could even be critical if you are taking a CR med that is dissolved in the intestins. A lot of liquids in the morning can cause your med to be flushed right out of your system before any of the outter coating has been disolved and NO med had been absorbed.

I'm no med professional, but I have discussed this with my docs, and both the pdoc and tdoc are in total agreement.

Warmest Regards,
Deepster
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users