Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
colourless butterfly

Cymbalta - So Sleepy!

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Advertisement

Hello everyone,

I've been reading threads and posts here on Cymbalta forum, but I didn't find anything explicitly about my issue.

So here it is: My doc gave me this new AD (Cymbalta) and I'm currently on day 10, but I feel so sleepy! I can barely stay awake for an hour or two and then I go back to sleep :shocked: Is it normal? Should I wait few more days to see if this effect goes away or is it a sign the med is not working for me?

I would very much appreciate any answer.

Thank you and ...hugs,

Butterfly

You might also be interested in:

Posted

Hi Butterfly. I tried 60 mg of Cymbalta for a couple of days but it hit me too hard. Extreme light headed, dizzy. Then I went to 30 mg for a week and had to stop because of extreme sleepiness. The last day I took it I fought the sleep all day and felt physically ill from being so tired. It is normal and supposed to pass. I mentioned this to my pharmacist when I switched to Effexor and he said that Cymbalta could be pretty sedative.

Posted

Some people find it helpful to take in the evenings. Although this may not work for you. Unfortunately, it takes Cymbalta 6-8 weeks to reach full potency and start-up side effects, such as extreme fatigue could last most of this time. If you can stick it out for that long, there is a good possibility that it will go away as your body becomes more used to the medication.

iowa

Posted

OK, so I should not worry...thank you for taking the time to reply :shocked:

I feel a little bit better now, though I sleep about 10-12 hours per night.

The important thing is that I can perform my daily tasks (esp. my job) and I'm still hopeful that the anxiety and depression symptoms shall lessen.

Posted

The important thing is that I can perform my daily tasks (esp. my job) and I'm still hopeful that the anxiety and depression symptoms shall lessen.

Hi there.

I started on cymbalta 30mg about 6 weeks ago. Initially i was taking it in the morning and within a couple hours i became so sleepy. I actually feel asleep in the lunch room a couple times. It also made me yawn a lot. So, as a result and on advice from my G.P i started to take it at night and what do you know, no more sleepiness during the daytime.

Best of luck

Posted (edited)

Hi there.

I started on cymbalta 30mg about 6 weeks ago. Initially i was taking it in the morning and within a couple hours i became so sleepy. I actually feel asleep in the lunch room a couple times. It also made me yawn a lot. So, as a result and on advice from my G.P i started to take it at night and what do you know, no more sleepiness during the daytime.

Best of luck

Hi there

I have been taking 90 mg of Duloxetine a day for 3 years after having been on Venlafaxine for 6 years(300mg a day)

I suffer fatigue,insomnia,then very tired for the rest of the day,no concentration,sweating,headaches,irritable leg/arm syndrome.

In the last year these symptoms seem to have got worse,I have trouble doing anything!always want to go to sleep/bed.

I also have bad skin sores that just appear,nothing seems to get rid of them,takes weeks or even months(are they connected with Duloxetine)?I don't know.

Not very good,I think I will have to see my psychiatrist again.

Roger :wwww:

Edited by RogerP

Posted

Hello everyone,

I've been reading threads and posts here on Cymbalta forum, but I didn't find anything explicitly about my issue.

So here it is: My doc gave me this new AD (Cymbalta) and I'm currently on day 10, but I feel so sleepy! I can barely stay awake for an hour or two and then I go back to sleep :shocked: Is it normal? Should I wait few more days to see if this effect goes away or is it a sign the med is not working for me?

I would very much appreciate any answer.

Thank you and ...hugs,

Butterfly

I am now on my 3rd week of 60mg of Cymbalta. I was on Zoloft on and off now for almost 13 or 15yrs and just switched over. Boy O Boy does it ever make me tired. I have a hard time keeping my eyes opened.

I can sleep 9 to 10 hour nights and wake up tired, take a nap in the morning and a nap in the afternoon and still be tired and go to bed early because I can't stay awake. And I don't have any energy at all. All I want to do is sleep. Not because I'm depressed but because I'm so tired and my body feels so tired as well.

If I get up without being carefull I get super dizzy and need to sit back down.

Everyone is asking me if I feel better since I've started them but I don't. If anything I feel nothing. The best way I can explain it is that I feel Neutral. I don't feel sad or upset or anxious but I don't feel happy or on a "high" or anything like that. It's a little freaky!!!

My kids are a little annoyed with me falling asleep on the couch all the time or going to bed even before they do. They miss me and I miss them but I have no energy to be with them right now. This doesn't help either because I feel guilty all the time that I am not being a good mom or that I am not giving them the attention they derserve. So I do hope the sleepiness is going to go away

hope you are feeling better

Posted

I was researching on Cymbalta and found this site! it's good to know that I am not the only one feeling sleepy most of the time. Now I know it's from the medicine, I am taking Cymbalta 30mg now but was on 60 before. I also gained weight after taking is for 6 months. I want to stop it but will have to check with my doctor...