Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Lyrica For Depression

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Placebo

Placebo

Just Registered

ID: 46138

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:12 PM

Having tried a couple different SSRIs and several augmentation drugs I was looking for a new course.

I mentioned gabapentin to my doctor (brand name Neurontin) but then he brought up Lyrica (pregabalin). He said Lyrica was better studied on mood-disorders and such because it was still patented. Also describing it to be superior to Neurontin, like gabapentin on steroids.

The first day was the best but short lived. I had taken the prescribed dose of 150mg about two hours prior before work. At work (about 2hrs later) I could really feel it kicking in. I had this huge grin on my face and could not smiling (seriously I had to try to control myself not to so others wouldn't be suspicious of me being on something).

My eyes were also completely bloodshot which I didn't like but all in all wasn't too much a bother.

^^(Probably a shock effect of all that GABA hitting the bloodstream)

Well here is the sad part, approximately 3hrs later after onset (when first got to work), the drug lost its "happy feeling" magic. It seemed it mellowed out quite a bit into a semi-uncomfortable "mind fog" and stayed this way the rest of my night.

The next day was not so pronounced either, although subtle antidepressant effects are noticeable its nothing all that great. By day three I had moved up the dose (as prescribed) to 150mg two times daily (one dose morning / one evening). Again, the pronounced sense of well-being or happiness was not there, in fact the drug seems hardly noticeable.

Today is day 5. Same thing, same story. There may be very subtle antidepressant effects but really not noticeable.

Anyone have experience with this medicine for depression (I'm non-bipolar)?

I'm wondering what the highest dosage could be? BUT because Lyrica is still under patent there is no generic and the medicine is really expensive, so really can't go too high.

I was nice the few hours I could really feel it, literary +/- 3hrs, but so far (at this dose) this is much too subtle for enough relief.

Edited by Placebo, 01 March 2010 - 11:18 PM.

#2 Avian86

Avian86

ID: 43921

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:38 PM

I think the max daily dose for Lyrica is 600mg. Lyrica can have some pretty weird and wide range of effects on a person.

Since its still on patent, you can always drain your doctor dry of free samples of the medication.

#3 X-ray

X-ray

ID: 11794

• PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:20 AM

Having tried a couple different SSRIs and several augmentation drugs I was looking for a new course.

I mentioned gabapentin to my doctor (brand name Neurontin) but then he brought up Lyrica (pregabalin). He said Lyrica was better studied on mood-disorders and such because it was still patented. Also describing it to be superior to Neurontin, like gabapentin on steroids.

The first day was the best but short lived. I had taken the prescribed dose of 150mg about two hours prior before work. At work (about 2hrs later) I could really feel it kicking in. I had this huge grin on my face and could not smiling (seriously I had to try to control myself not to so others wouldn't be suspicious of me being on something).

My eyes were also completely bloodshot which I didn't like but all in all wasn't too much a bother.

^^(Probably a shock effect of all that GABA hitting the bloodstream)

Well here is the sad part, approximately 3hrs later after onset (when first got to work), the drug lost its "happy feeling" magic. It seemed it mellowed out quite a bit into a semi-uncomfortable "mind fog" and stayed this way the rest of my night.

The next day was not so pronounced either, although subtle antidepressant effects are noticeable its nothing all that great. By day three I had moved up the dose (as prescribed) to 150mg two times daily (one dose morning / one evening). Again, the pronounced sense of well-being or happiness was not there, in fact the drug seems hardly noticeable.

Today is day 5. Same thing, same story. There may be very subtle antidepressant effects but really not noticeable.

Anyone have experience with this medicine for depression (I'm non-bipolar)?

I'm wondering what the highest dosage could be? BUT because Lyrica is still under patent there is no generic and the medicine is really expensive, so really can't go too high.

I was nice the few hours I could really feel it, literary +/- 3hrs, but so far (at this dose) this is much too subtle for enough relief.

Hi,

Lyrica is for GAD.
This drug can also help with social anxiety.

You can't keep raising the dose with Lyrica.
Then you get into a vicious circle,

I take Lyrica off-label for sleep.
The maximum dose is 600 mg/day.

Best regards,
X-ray

Wellbutrin 150 mg
Remeron 45 mg
Lyrica 25 mg
Buspar 40 mg
Fluanxol 0,5 mg

P.S. I augment Remeron with a small dose of Lyrica.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users