Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Finally Getting Good Relief After 4 Weeks On Zoloft

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#1 CCCCubed

CCCCubed

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:30 AM

This is my 4th week on Zoloft and finally I am getting some serious relief from depression and compulsive thinking. Zoloft took much longer to start working than Prozac but with me at least it has little or no side effects. Prozac had terrible side effects. I can sleep now on Zoloft!!!!

:sneaky2:

:huh:

:wwww:

:shocked:

#2 Trace

Trace

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,085 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:35 AM

Hi CCCCubed

I am so glad to hear that you are finally getting some relief and some sleep! That is wonderful. :shocked:

Trace
Listen in deep silence. Be very still and open your mind.... Sink deep into the peace that waits for you beyond the frantic, riotous thoughts and sights and sounds of this insane world. - A course of miracles.

True beauty must come, must be grown, from within.... - Ralph W Trine.

Posted Image

#3 1099

Platinum Member

• Premium Platinum Member
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:17 AM

This is my 4th week on Zoloft and finally I am getting some serious relief from depression and compulsive thinking. Zoloft took much longer to start working than Prozac but with me at least it has little or no side effects. Prozac had terrible side effects. I can sleep now on Zoloft!!!!

CCCCubed,
Thanks for sharing your success with it. I have been on Sertraline (generic Zoloft) for 2.5 weeks now. I got relief after the first couple days, but the last two days were horrible. I was very, very depressed. Couldn't understand why I was feeling this after doing so well. I'm not sure if it was the see-saw effects of the drug or if it was due to something that happened that brought me back down. Either way, I'm feeling better this morning. I will stay on it until it levels.
Good luck to you!
Posted ImagePosted Image
Be who you are and say what you feel...
those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.

A little blank, a little numb, but always trying to have some fun!

Manic-Depression (Bipolar 1, rapid cycling)

Lithium: 1500mg, Lamictal: 300mg, Abilify: 10mg, Latuda: 40mg, Seroquel: 100mg

#4 jbii

jbii

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:20 AM

Great News!

#5 darcness

darcness

• Platinum Member
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:44 PM

Very good to hear that the Z is working well for you! It was the same for me really. Took a long while to work. It seems to be fairly common when it comes to Zoloft from what I've seen. I hope the good times continue for you and the Z really helps you out. The sleeping part is bliss isn't it? I've never slept so well in my life as I do on Z!

Some of the greatest advice I've ever received on DF: "Always remember that recovery is not linear"
Such a simple phrase, but so easily forgotten...

#6 AngelOfTheMoor

AngelOfTheMoor

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:36 PM

Yay! I've also not had any side effects with Zoloft. Well, except I get light-headed if I forget to take a dose. But nothing compared to horror stories I've heard about other meds. I hope that it continues to work well for you. :shocked:

#7 zizo

zizo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 07:56 AM

GOOD FOR U :)

May I know your daliy dosage..

I've been using it for a week..and i feel that everything in slow motion..i use to go work out but i feel zero energy.i barely can go to work
So is that usuall

regards

#8 1099

Platinum Member

• Premium Platinum Member
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:12 AM

I've been SO TIRED on Sertraline (18 days in, 100mg). Last night I decided to take it all last night instead of 50mg in the morning and 50mg at night. I slept very deeply and felt refreshed when I woke. I've been an insomniac for years, so this is great! Like, Darcness, I don't know if the pill that makes me sleeply or the fact that my mind isn't spinning with constant thoughts as I'm trying to sleep. I don't care either way. I like it!

Hope switching to nights will give me more energy during the day. Didn't go into work the last few days and I have been napping and laying in bed all day. I need energy to keep up with the kids and the house!
Posted ImagePosted Image
Be who you are and say what you feel...
those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.

A little blank, a little numb, but always trying to have some fun!

Manic-Depression (Bipolar 1, rapid cycling)

Lithium: 1500mg, Lamictal: 300mg, Abilify: 10mg, Latuda: 40mg, Seroquel: 100mg

#9 cjchicka31

cjchicka31

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:33 AM

I'm so glad to hear a success story..
I'm on 75mg right now, it has been 2 weeks now and I've been nothing but really depressed. It's hard to get out of bed and function, and my head has been pounding non stop because of crying.

Congrats on finding some relief! I hope the rest of us are right behind you :)
  • Julyofdoom likes this

Trying to change ourselves in order to please others -
so that we can feel temporarily whole for having won their approval -
is like cutting a flower into pieces so that it will fit into a vase.
- Guy Finley

Diagnosed with GAD and Social Anxiety in 2005, taking Effexor 300mg

#10 alinam

alinam

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:23 AM

I love to hear success stories! I'd love to be a success story. Still holding onto hope, though.

Hang in there, Chicka, it will take some time. Especially if your depression or anxiety was really bad.

Ali

#11 staceylouise

staceylouise

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:55 AM

:happy:

pleased your feelin better!! i have been on sertraline 50mg for 2 weeks now and i do feel better and sleep better! had relapse yesterday though, maybes i need dosage increased??? i feel i have less energy and tired alot, but hopefully that will subside eventually!!
hang in there
:taz:

'MAY WE ALL HAVE GOOD HEALTH & PEACE'

#12 staceylouise

staceylouise

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:58 AM

I love to hear success stories! I'd love to be a success story. Still holding onto hope, though.

Hang in there, Chicka, it will take some time. Especially if your depression or anxiety was really bad.

Ali

hello, my depression and anxiety was really bad, do you think 50mg is enough for me to take daily? i think i may have to have them increased as had a relapse yesterday and a bit down today, i must admit i have felt a lot better since starting them 2 weeks ago, maybes they need time to kick into my system longer! :shocked:

'MAY WE ALL HAVE GOOD HEALTH & PEACE'

#13 CCCCubed

CCCCubed

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:04 AM

GOOD FOR U :)

May I know your daliy dosage..

I've been using it for a week..and i feel that everything in slow motion..i use to go work out but i feel zero energy.i barely can go to work
So is that usuall

regards

Yes it did take about 4 weeks for it to finally start acting on the depression. I take 75 mg a day. I can sleep very well; Zoloft has none of the horrible side effects for me that Prozac had my GOD Prozac was weird but it did work for depression just the side effects were very troubling.

#14 Nesty

Nesty

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:31 PM

Glad to hear that after 4 weeks you got relief from sleep problems - funny thing I started to get some sleep after 4 weeks - I am now on week 6 and cant nod off to save my life.
Past Meds - Prothiadine (yonks ago)
Citalopram 20mg - lost its efficacy

Current Zoloft (Sertraline) 100mg
reluctanlty Valium (Diazepam) as and when - trying not to take too many !!

Anxiety/ SAD / GAD/ Depression

#15 jnn_marino

jnn_marino

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:49 AM

Great to hear some success stories! I have been on sertraline for 6 weeks (4 weeks at 50mg). Nothing happening yet. I am taking it for dysthymia. Is it too soon to be having any positive effects? Just hoping the flat feeling lifts soon.

#16 JayB

JayB

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

Glad to find this thread. After a decade on meds for SAD/OCD/Depression. (Tried Paxil, Wellbutrin, Cymbalta, Effexor, etc) the latter was for several years. Had varying degrees of success with each. I thought I was ready to try again and see where I stood without them and tried to do so through healthy diet, exercise, and proactive living. After a pretty bad (but properly paced withdrawal from 150mg) I felt amazing...I thought I achieved normalcy. Maybe an occasional klonipin was needed, but rarely. Sadly only lasted a few months. Some crappy circumstances prob didn’t help... but after exhausting all my options without meds I have conceded. I have just been started on 50mg of Sertraline a few days back. It is way too soon to tell, but hoping I can add to these success stories in time!

#17 addict1968

addict1968

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:34 AM

I am new here so please excuse if I ask something that's already been answered elsewhere. I started medicines about 5 weeks ago. First 4 weeks was on 25mg of sertraline and clonazepam but didn't feel any better and struggled considerably with all the side effects the worst of which was insomnia. Tried to end life at the end of 3rd week but survived. Had a meeting with the doc changed the dosage of sertraline to 25mg in the morning and 50mg at night. He stopped the clonazepam completely and prescribed Flupentixol+Melitracen combination. That sort of made me feel numb after a week - had no feelings whatsoever. The doc then stopped the 25 mg in the morning and only 50 at night. This caused the anxiety and depression to return in just 3 days - spoke to the doc again and he upped the dose back to 75mg and its still taking time to kick in. Have the next meeting this friday and feel he might up it to 100mg. So the start-up phase continues .... am just so frustrated and tired .....

Does this ever stop? The side effects are k***ing me ......

Edited by addict1968, 10 April 2012 - 04:37 AM.

Diagnosis: Bi-Polar II, Currently in Major Depression, GAD
Medication: Sertraline 150 mg (Zoloft), Olanzapine 5mg (Zyprexa)

#18 starr

starr

Silver Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:23 AM

Hi,

I have been on zoloft for over 6 years now
and it is working great for me. When I first
started it and recently when I increaed the
dosage I had some insomnia but other than
that, it is the best med Ive ever been on. I
am a fast responder so I started feeling better
after two weeks.

best wishes to everyone,
starr

#19 Khoma_12

Khoma_12

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give my two cents.

It probably took 6-7 weeks before I was feeling the full effect - I'm on week 9 now and so so much calmer and more myself. I am still struggling with the side effects - it makes me nauseous, extremely tired towards end of day, and occasionally (I think if I haven't eaten in a while) very spaced out and weird.

I also made the mistake of drinking a fair bit with it over the weekend - not something I will be doing again in a hurry! Felt fine whilst out but the next morning after taking the tablet felt dreadful! I've had a couple of drinks on it and been fine but it really needs to be in moderation.

Also beware of taking codeine with it - I occasionally take Solpadeine for migraines and cramps and have had to stop as the two do not mix (despite my doctor saying would be ok!)

Aside from that little lot I think its doing me good. I seem to be a lot more rational and just calmer in general. The side effects aren't pleasant but a small price for feeling ok with things again :)

Hoping to try and come off of them in September time but will see where I am.

I just wanted to put this info out there as I was so frustrated to start with - the side effects were unbearable and the tablets didn't seem to be working, but be patient, balance is just around the corner :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users