Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Zoloft Success Stories.

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 darcness

darcness

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:45 PM

I noticed that most of the other medication rooms have a success story thread pinned, but our Z room here doesn't. This needs to be fixed for sure so I'm adding this topic.

We here at DF would like to hear your success stories about Zoloft. It will not only give those new to Z a place for inspiration and hope, but also let our members share their positive experiences with each other.

Share your story and let's get the discussion going. With the stigma attached to MI and ESPECIALLY AD's let's prove that they CAN and DO help.

Some of the greatest advice I've ever received on DF: "Always remember that recovery is not linear"
Such a simple phrase, but so easily forgotten...

#2 ethecraftlady

ethecraftlady

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:28 AM

I noticed that most of the other medication rooms have a success story thread pinned, but our Z room here doesn't. This needs to be fixed for sure so I'm adding this topic.

We here at DF would like to hear your success stories about Zoloft. It will not only give those new to Z a place for inspiration and hope, but also let our members share their positive experiences with each other.

Share your story and let's get the discussion going. With the stigma attached to MI and ESPECIALLY AD's let's prove that they CAN and DO help.

Hello,
It all started about four years ago I was rear ended by a tractor trailer. I suffer severe whip lash and sprains and strains. I was feeling pins and needles through out my entire body. I was told by my current doctor at the time that it was MS. I quickly got a second opinion from another doctor. He was able to confirm it was not Ms but rather anxiety from the accident along w/whip lash. Needles to say I switched doctors that day. He place me on Effexor XR which I took for 4 years but I stop taking it thinking I was OK . After six months the panic came back and he prescribed Cymbolta but I was experiencing dizziness while taking it . Once again I stop taking it thinking I could over come the panic attack and depression I felt into. Once again I was wrong. I went back to him at the request of my husband who I was driving nuts due to the panic attacks. The doctor started me out on 50 mg of Zoloft which seem to be helping but then after about six weeks the panic attacks and depression came back. I called the doctor and he up the dosage to 100mg. This is only my second week at this dosage but everything seems to be evening out . I feel better then I have in months. Only time will tell if this is the correct dosage or not . I have not gain any weight , I'm sleeping better then ever and I have my life back. I would be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about the dosage not working but if it does happen I will call the doctor back. I believe though the Zoloft is a keeper

Edited by ethecraftlady, 29 January 2010 - 10:32 AM.

#3 darcness

darcness

• Platinum Member
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 02:04 PM

Thanks so much for sharing your experience ethecraftlady!

I'll have to add my own Zoloft success story here soon. If I have time today I will. It's always great to see posts of inspiration. Especially for those just starting out and scared about taking their first AD or another AD if they've tried many.

Some of the greatest advice I've ever received on DF: "Always remember that recovery is not linear"

#4 yvonne

yvonne

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:00 AM

Hi,
I've been on Zoloft (I just realised) for almost a year!
the main positives I found from using it are:
- Just 50mg has helped buffer that peak of anxiety we hit as we go into panic mode. It helps my reaction time slow down so I have time to logically think through it before spiralling into an anxiety attack.
- Combined with regular work with a psychologist I can go a day without taking Zoloft and not have any major negative withdrawals.

i am concerned about when i am taken off it completely but at least i had it through a really distressing time so i could build myself back up again.

Good luck to everyone out there taking zoloft :)

#5 starr

starr

Silver Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:24 AM

Hi,

I am on 100mg of zoloft along with 100mg of wellbutrin
and 5mg of abilify and am doing really well on it. I
was on 50mg of zoloft but still had a little anxiety so
we increased it and it seems to be working really well.

best wishes,
starr

#6 helios_rose

helios_rose

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 06:28 AM

I have had issues with anxiety and panic attacks for several years but it had never interfered significantly with my personal life or at work before a few months ago. My anxiety and panic used to only bother me for 2-3 day stretches once every few months. This increased in frequency over time and soon I was having panic attacks at work and anxiety and panic every day. I took a week off work and started sertraline 50mg daily. It is now two months later and I am completely panic attack free. I have very mild anxiety 1-2 times a week that lasts for a few minutes. Sertraline exceeded my expectations in treating my anxiety. This is funny because I'm a doctor and I often prescribe SSRI medication to patients with depression and anxiety. I have seen it work for them many times but it is quite interesting to be on the other side! I cataloged my first week on sertraline before I went back to work... many first-timers here may find it useful.

day 1: 50mg sertraline prescribed for panic attacks, anxiety. took pm dose.
anxious at night, took 0.5mg alprazolam before bed and slept 8 hours.

day 2: now taking 50mg am (0600) dose. plenty of anxiety and pacing all day.
took a long walk in the am. felt flashes of 'normal'. quite uncomfortable
anxiety in the evening, took 0.25mg alprazolam and went to bed at 1930.
woke up at 2030 when wife came to bed and took additional 0.25mg alprazolam
slept 8 hours.
noted side effects: dry mouth, anorexia, diarrhea.

day 3: woke up with tremors. feeling many negative feelings. talked on the
phone to family at length and took long walk. felt somewhat better. felt 'normal'
for longer in the morning. anxiety recurred at 1230 and worsened significantly, very
exhausted and anxious. took 0.25mg alprazolam and laid down in bed with some music.
felt better after an hour. wife came home and felt pretty good. more anxiety at 1830
but laid down in bed for ~15 mins and anxiety improved. went to bed at 2100.
noted side effects: extreme anorexia, anorgasmia, dry mouth, diarrhea

day 4: woke up at 0430 and laid in bed. stomach very painful and acidic. wife left for
work at 0530. feeling anxious and tremulous. took 2 TUMS and 0.25mg alprazolam, ate a
breakfast bar, then went back to bed. woke up again at 0730. took a short walk. feeling
unusual headspace and significant restlessness. feel more 'me' than prior days but overlay
with unpleasant buzz and restlessness. this feels different than anxiety. feeling faded by
1100. felt 'normal' from 1100-1730. attended party 1800-2000 with much anxiety. more
relaxed at home and went to bed at 2130.
noted side effects: improving anorexia, improving dry mouth, diarrhea, anorgasmia

day 5: woke up at 0600 with mild anxiety. felt better than yesterday. ate breakfast and
read news. anxiety worsened around 0745 and took 0.25mg alprazolam and went back to bed.
woke up at 0900 with mild anxiety. this dissipated by 1000. felt quite good all day thereafter.
out in public to run errands with only mild agoraphobia. anorgasmia overcome with some effort.
uneventful day and went to bed at 2100.
noted side effects: improving anorexia

day 6: woke up at 0600 with mild anxiety. felt better than yesterday. anxiety increased
but no alprazolam needed today. felt better after long walk from 0800-0900. still with an
unusual 'buzz'/abnormal headspace but this is preferable to anxiety. appetite is improving.
sleepy during afternoon. felt 'normal' from 1500-2000. only mild anxiety at restaurant that
usually provokes anxiety. strange/distressing mood and some hot flashes from 2000-2030.
improved before bed and went to bed at 2115.
noted side effects: improving anorexia, anorgasmia

day 7: woke up at 0545 with significant anxiety. heart racing, tremors, restlessness. took
sertraline and 0.25mg alprazolam and went back to bed. woke up at 0730 feeling less anxious.
felt well from then on. went to mall with only mild anxiety. still with mild 'headspace'
problems but feeling physically better than in the months leading up to this.

I went back to work on day 9 and have felt great since! I wish I had started sertraline months earlier. I was really feeling unwell for quite awhile in retrospect. The only lasting side effect I have is it takes a long time to orgasm. This isn't really a negative at this point because my wife loves it. :yay: With that, I'll wish the best of luck to all of you here dealing with depression/anxiety. I hope this was a good read for you.
  • sireneh and brown mouse like this

#7 zen_rat

zen_rat

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:40 AM

Since I started on 50mg of Z three months ago, after a mental breakdown at work, I knew the train had come to a halt and I needed to take my depression seriously. It's in the family (Mom), and when I think back, it's possible that I've been depressed for more than half my life and am only now better. I've been sleeping better, and just my overall moods have been...not neutral, but mood swings are few and far in between even when Aunt Flow comes to visit. I've been less anxious, and less stressed (due to me realizing the more stress you create the harder your job is).

I spoke to my doctor recently and we agreed 75mg might give me that kick in the *** to go to therapy. So, here's to hoping my friend Z is gonna take good care of me. :)

Chris
  • Ribs613 and brown mouse like this

#8 girly119

girly119

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:43 PM

Sertraline (generic for Zololf) has done wonders for me! I've been on it for over two years now and can really tell a difference. I haven't had any problems or side effects. I haven't had any negative thoughts about myself that were serious since sertraline either- even when everything in my life seemed to be falling apart. This is the best anti-depressant I've ever been on.
  • focusnbalance likes this

"May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand."

#9 Mark Davidson

Mark Davidson

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:01 AM

This is the only antidepressant that has worked for me so far. I actually felt positive for a change. The only problem was that it made me have a loss of appetite. I hardly wanted to eat. I got by during the day just eating some cookies and a few bites of a sandwich. I lost weight. I had to stop taking it. Has anyone been having any problems with forgetfulness or losing focus by any chance ? I’ve been having problems with forgetfulness and being able to focus lately and I’m not exactly sure what it is. I’ve been off Zoloft for 2 weeks or so but I don’t know. I have to just get go see a doctor and do more research.

#10 MoeZoloft

MoeZoloft

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:25 AM

I've been on 100mg of Zoloft for three days now and before that I was on 50g a day for five days. I had a few side-effects like very mild nausea and dizziness. I hope Zoloft works for me. I am taking it for a very mild depression caused by grief and a quick change of events. There's been times when I felt happy so I am not really sure I have depression and there are other times when I just want to sleep or vanish. I can't wait for Zoloft to start working. I hope it really works well for me. When should I start experiencing a difference? I haven't had any suicidal thoughts so far and I a, about to make yet another big change in life and I hope it doesn't affect my mood.

#11 PenguinGirlq1

PenguinGirlq1

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:23 AM

This is my second time on zoloft ( I stupidly decided to stop taking it once I started feeling better the first time).

It's been about four weeks since taking the first dose (75mg), and the difference is so apparent. I still have bad days of anxiety, but they don't spiral completely out of control and leading to crippling depression. When I look back at the times when I was on zoloft and the times I was off of it, it's so obvious how much good it has done me.

I don't like the idea of having to stay on medication forever, but so far I would definitely say it's a "success" for me.

#12 Kat55

Kat55

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 05:17 PM

I've been taking zoloft for about 2 months now. I started taking it for anxiety, but have also noticed an increase in my energy and overall mood, which leads me to think that I also had / have? a mild depression. I'm actually motivated to excersize now, which in turn is also making me feel better. The side-effects for me are pretty minimal. The first couple of weeks were kind of rough - fatigue, insomnia (I started first taking it at night and then switched to morning - no more insomnia), increased anxiety, and ringing in my ears. Anyhow, they all subsided within a couple weeks at the most. The only other side-effect that I have now is sometimes a slight stiffness in the joints in my fingers, which doesn't really bother me at all. I just started to increase my dosage from 50 to 75mg (no side effects at all from the increase, suprizingly). Next week I will up it to 100. My anxiety is still there a little, but definately much improved, and I just feel over-all more positive. :)

#13 Kat55

Kat55

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 05:22 PM

I've been on 100mg of Zoloft for three days now and before that I was on 50g a day for five days. I had a few side-effects like very mild nausea and dizziness. I hope Zoloft works for me. I am taking it for a very mild depression caused by grief and a quick change of events. There's been times when I felt happy so I am not really sure I have depression and there are other times when I just want to sleep or vanish. I can't wait for Zoloft to start working. I hope it really works well for me. When should I start experiencing a difference? I haven't had any suicidal thoughts so far and I a, about to make yet another big change in life and I hope it doesn't affect my mood.

It didn't start working for me for about 6 weeks. It's hard to wait that long I know, but try to give it time, the benefits could definately be worth the wait and the initial side effects.

#14 karin

karin

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:13 AM

I have been takeing Sertraline for three weeks now and I think it is starting to work.
I still have anxiety but it is not as terrefying as it used to. I still feel depressed
but there are little glimpses of hope. I hope things will continue to get better.

#15 Trace

Trace

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • 52,085 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:17 AM

I have been takeing Sertraline for three weeks now and I think it is starting to work.
I still have anxiety but it is not as terrefying as it used to. I still feel depressed
but there are little glimpses of hope. I hope things will continue to get better.

Hi and Welcome Karin

I am so glad that you are starting to see glimpses of hope. I really hope that in the next few weeks or so that you start to feel even better.

Trace
Listen in deep silence. Be very still and open your mind.... Sink deep into the peace that waits for you beyond the frantic, riotous thoughts and sights and sounds of this insane world. - A course of miracles.

True beauty must come, must be grown, from within.... - Ralph W Trine.

Posted Image

#16 karin

karin

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 06:49 AM

Sertraline is continuing to decreese my anxiery. I used to have heart plantations
almost all day but now it is only a few hours in the morning. I also have more
energy and I am able to concentrate better.

On the other hand I don't feel like my depression is getting better. Has
anyone experience that Sertraline reduce anxiety first and depression later?

#17 karin

karin

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:57 AM

This morning it was really obvious that sertraline has reduced my anxiety. I woke up without heart palpitations and only mild anxiety. I hope that it will continue to work well. In that case I will NOT come off it anytime soon. As for me depression I am starting a second AD tomorrow.

#18 josephine4

josephine4

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:31 AM

Hi I'm new here .. and zoloft helped me 14 years ago ( gradually reduced from 150 - 100 then 50 then 25 over 6 months ) and after having my 4th but easiest child , I noticed I was starting to get overly anxious , yelling at the kids and generally feeling weighed down by EVERYTHING and work and not sleeping even though baby was and fussing / over exercising etc ... I recognized I was going down , went to my gp , told her I'd had zoloft before and started back on again . I am feeling back to normal again. After a few weeks of slightly bad sleep and a few eating /taste problems I am so glad I have made the decision to help myself again .....

#19 Want2Bhealthy

Want2Bhealthy

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:38 AM

I had been on Zoloft for over 10 years and it was a miracle drug for me. I suffered from anxiety and panic attacks. On Christmas Eve this year I suddenly felt overwhelmed with everything and it quit working just cold turkey. I suffered through Christmas still taking my 200 mgs. of zoloft thinking it might kick back in, but by February I knew that wasn't going to happen. I went through a crisis unit and hooked up with a psyciatrist and counseller and they put me on effexor. I was up to 300 mgs. of effexor for over two months and I had cold night sweats and still had significant anxiety. Actually, while they were starting me on effexor, they also started decreasing my zoloft at the same time. Within three days of adding the effexor to the zoloft I already had in my body - I felt right back to normal - wonderful I thought how fast this worked. Well, once the zoloft was completely out of my system, it was back to panic and anxiety and cold sweats. So now my psyciatrist has put me back on zoloft I am now up to 200 mgs. and is decreasing my effexor. Let me tell you I am sick as a dog. I don't know whether it is the upping of the zoloft or the decreasing of the effexor. I guess my brain doesn't know whether it is coming or going. My doctor seems to think that if we can get back to that good combination when I felt so good for those two weeks that would be the way to go. However, I have heard that effexor is one of the hardest drugs to get off. So, having said that, I don't know whether the zoloft will kick in again - but I am wringing wet with perspiration, and freezing cold at the same time. Anybody ever experience that?

#20 medicatednation

medicatednation

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:02 AM

I just started on 25 mg / day today after experiencing limited success with Celexa. Wellbutrin worked for about a month, then depression/panic attacks resumed. I am trying to come off Klonopin, but I have found it to be extremely difficult. I came down from 3mg a day to 1mg, which is what I am currently at. My doc says there is a lot of experimenting involved. I am hoping not to have inorgasmia like I did on the Celexa. I am also concerned about eventually coming off the Zoloft, because if it wasn't for the Klonopin, I never would have gotten through the "hellishly intense introspective nightmare" that I experienced daily coming off Celexa. I am glad to hear all of your success stories and wish you all the best! To the ones taking Wellbutrin and Zoloft, does it combat the sexual side effects that I am not looking forward to? Or should I even experience these at such a low dose?

#21 MaddieLouise

MaddieLouise

• Platinum Member
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:46 AM

I just started on 25 mg / day today after experiencing limited success with Celexa. Wellbutrin worked for about a month, then depression/panic attacks resumed. I am trying to come off Klonopin, but I have found it to be extremely difficult. I came down from 3mg a day to 1mg, which is what I am currently at. My doc says there is a lot of experimenting involved. I am hoping not to have inorgasmia like I did on the Celexa. I am also concerned about eventually coming off the Zoloft, because if it wasn't for the Klonopin, I never would have gotten through the "hellishly intense introspective nightmare" that I experienced daily coming off Celexa. I am glad to hear all of your success stories and wish you all the best! To the ones taking Wellbutrin and Zoloft, does it combat the sexual side effects that I am not looking forward to? Or should I even experience these at such a low dose?

Hi MedicatedNation and if you haven't been welcomed to the forum, then welcome!

I cannot speak directly to a combination of these two medications, only the Zoloft, which I've heard can cause sexual dysfunction in many people. However, in reading up on it, Wellbutrin is probably your best hope of an AD that doesn't give patients this problem. You may want to search posts for Wellbutrin and Zoloft and see some of the results you get. There are also MDs that I understand will put you on the medications that counter these problems like Viagra, etc. I heard they've even suggested these for women, but I'd definitely consult your MD on any of these other medications, because of course, I'm just repeating what I have heard, and I'm certainly not a Dr., and don't even pretend I have their expertise.

Good luck and I do understand the frustration of these problems, although over time, you will likely see improvement.

Sincerely,

MaddieLouise
Posted ImagePosted Image

#22 saddaddy

saddaddy

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:38 PM

So, having said that, I don't know whether the zoloft will kick in again - but I am wringing wet with perspiration, and freezing cold at the same time. Anybody ever experience that?

Yep. Had the same experience when I went on Effexor and even when I went back on zoloft the sweating continued.

#23 2Bwell1

2Bwell1

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:53 AM

Hi:

I have been on Sertraline (Zoloft) since Sept5/11. I am on 100mg daily, which I take at 5:00 pm with a meal. I struggled with depression most of my adult life (and probably as a teenageer). The last time I was on ADs was in 1995. I had been struggling this past year with what I thought was stress at work, stress with my adult addicted son, etc. What I didn't realize until August was how depressed I was.and I couldn't make myself feel better. When I had thoughts that maybe it would be better to join my mother and other lost family members, I knew I was in trouble. I went to my GP who prescribed Cipralex, which I had a major anixety attack on after 3 days. He then referred me to a phychiatrist which diagnosed major depression and anixety. He prescribed the Sertraline. I didn't even realize I had anixety, I thought it was just stress( I didn't know at the time anixety is stress!). After three months I am feeling so much better! My biggest anixety now is that he will take me off it! Only kidding, I can stay on it as long as I feel I need it, and if that is for longtime I am OK with that. I have no more negative thoughts, I am not sad and lonely, I am not crying, I have been able to give up my son to his destiny (while charging him with uttering threats and having a peace bond placed on him), I am not afraid to answer my phone or be alone at home. I am thank-ful for what I do have and not fixated on what I don't have. The other kid's issues don't bother me, especially not hearing from them as much as we would like to. I am finding pleasure again..... doing things that interest me and bring me joy. I am thru most of the side effects now, I can even have an orgasm, still get the sweats sometimes, the vivd dreams at times, a metal taste in my mouth once in awhile. Nothing I can't cope with in trade for feeling calm and enjoying life again....

My pychiatrist says I should do an infomercial for Zoloft....this is how it is suppose to work!

I am not trying to be smug and realize medications produce different results for each individual. My wish is for all who are afflicted by mental illness they find the medication and support systems which work best for them!

Blessings this Holiday Season!

#24 AquaViolet

AquaViolet

Senior Moderator

• Admin Team-Moderator
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:43 PM

I take 300 mg of Zoloft daily. It has really helped lift me out of my depression. My psychiatrist told me that I am on a high dose, but she knows I need it to not be depressed. A lower dose was not enough, so she prescribed me 300 mg a day. I love Zoloft! It has really helped me.
  • smithci likes this
~~AquaViolet~~
Posted Image
Posted Image

My Diagnoses: Severe OCD, panic disorder, depression
My Current meds: Geodon, Cymbalta, Klonopin, Lyrica 

My Previous meds:
Prozac, Paxil, Celexa,
Lexapro, Luvox, Zoloft, Clomipramine (a horrible med for me),
Xanax, Seroquel, Zyprexa, Risperdal,
Gabapentin (this med did nothing), Buspar (also did nothing)

#25 MaddieLouise

MaddieLouise

• Platinum Member
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:15 PM

I take 300 mg of Zoloft daily. It has really helped lift me out of my depression. My psychiatrist told me that I am on a high dose, but she knows I need it to not be depressed. A lower dose was not enough, so she prescribed me 300 mg a day. I love Zoloft! It has really helped me.

This is great news AquaViolet! Sometimes it takes higher doses for certain individuals, and I think it's wonderful that you have stuck to it long enough to feel better.
Congratulation!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#26 Marnie

Marnie

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:23 AM

Oh it's so great to hear positive stories. I am going to be changing to this med in the New year, but am worried about it. Many thanks.

#27 MaddieLouise

MaddieLouise

• Platinum Member
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:38 PM

Oh it's so great to hear positive stories. I am going to be changing to this med in the New year, but am worried about it. Many thanks.

I know it can be scary to change medications, but many people have had great luck with Zoloft, so I wish you success!

Sincerely,

MaddieLouise
Posted ImagePosted Image

#28 Nellyzen

Nellyzen

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:49 AM

Zoloft is working very well for me too, I still have bad days sometimes but I am under a tremendous amount of stress working full time and going to school full time with no days off.

Considering the circumstances, I think it's doing a great job...and it will get much better in July when finish school.
"When the world says, "Give up," Hope whispers, "Try it one more time." -

#29 darcness

darcness

• Platinum Member
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:17 PM

Well I know I started this thread some time ago, and I'm glad that I did. I never shared my own experience though, so I will do so now. :Coopwink:

I started on Zoloft over 3 years ago I believe it is. At the time I was coming off my first major breakdown, triggered by an anxiety attack (my first) at work. Getting on it was difficult at first. I had all the crappy side effects for the first couple weeks and really considered getting off Z. Things started to calm down after that though. After about 2 months I was doing really well and I continued with Z for the next year. I tapered off of it and gave it a go on my own. Things were good for a while, but then I started to have daily anxiety again and I could feel myself getting worse as time went by.

This December I got back on Z again. Starting this time was much easier on me and I only had mild side effects. It's been about 2 months now and I feel really good. I don't have the anxiety consuming my days and I'm able to be more social and be ME again. I really like Z the first time I was on it, and now that I'm more stable and on it again, I love it. It's a great med for me!
  • DJ NYC likes this

#30 Nibbler

Nibbler

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:22 AM

I had been on Zoloft years ago, I found it helped mostly with social anxiety, general anxiety, and a little for depression. I am now on a tiny tiny dose (25mg) that is used in conjunction with other medication and it is working fantastically. I was really surprised that such a small dose has even affected me at all, but I certainly notice the difference to when I was not on it.

#31 darcness

darcness

• Platinum Member
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:19 PM

Thanks for sharing your story Nibbler. I'm glad to hear that the Z is working well for you. It's not usually used at lower doses such as you're on, but then again all of us have different tolerance and brain chemistry. If it works, it works right?

Good luck to you and I hope it continues to be a good med for you!
  • smithci likes this

#32 Nibbler

Nibbler

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:27 AM

Yeah, I didnt think that such a small dose would do anything as in the past I was on 150-200mg. But we are using it in conjunction with other medications. I was put on 25mg as the starting dose with intentions of going higher, but after 2 weeks at that dose I noticed an improvement and after consulting with my doctor we decided not to put it up any further.
  • leila24 likes this

#33 katiejane7

katiejane7

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:52 AM

I have been on 50mg of Zoloft for about 3 months now for reactive depression cause by some pretty cruddy life circumstances. I had a few side effects to begin with, dry mouth, rough dry skin, difficult to orgasm, dizziness, tiredness but after about 4 weeks I felt like a new person. All the side effects have gone and as time goes on I feel better and better. I have energy to do things again and my mood is so much more stable. I don't think I realised how rubbish I have been feeling. I feel like me again. Another bonus is that the PMT I used to get is pretty much gone too. I love Zoloft!!!

I know I am pretty lucky because this is the first AD I have gone on. I am very thankful it has worked because honestly I did not have the energy to muck around trying different meds.
  • DJ NYC likes this

#34 darcness

darcness

• Platinum Member
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:41 PM

So awesome to hear katiejane! :Coopwink:

Zoloft was the first AD I'd been on too and I'm so happy it works well for me. It really is amazing how much better life can be when we find a med that works. It's like being our old self again. I love it too! I hope that Z continues to work great for you and these good feelings continue. I know we certainly all deserve it.

#35 MaddieLouise

MaddieLouise

• Platinum Member
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

I have been on 50mg of Zoloft for about 3 months now for reactive depression cause by some pretty cruddy life circumstances. I had a few side effects to begin with, dry mouth, rough dry skin, difficult to orgasm, dizziness, tiredness but after about 4 weeks I felt like a new person. All the side effects have gone and as time goes on I feel better and better. I have energy to do things again and my mood is so much more stable. I don't think I realised how rubbish I have been feeling. I feel like me again. Another bonus is that the PMT I used to get is pretty much gone too. I love Zoloft!!!

I know I am pretty lucky because this is the first AD I have gone on. I am very thankful it has worked because honestly I did not have the energy to muck around trying different meds.

Great news KatieJane and encouraging for others as well.

Welcome to the DF!

Sincerely,

MaddieLouise
Posted ImagePosted Image

#36 leila24

leila24

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

Yeah, I didnt think that such a small dose would do anything as in the past I was on 150-200mg. But we are using it in conjunction with other medications. I was put on 25mg as the starting dose with intentions of going higher, but after 2 weeks at that dose I noticed an improvement and after consulting with my doctor we decided not to put it up any further.

Hi nibbler, can I ask if you noticed side effects starting at a low dose like this?
"Stop thinking, start living! Each and every moment of our lives, we have a choice....to be lost in thought, or fully engaged in life"~ John Selby.

"It's just a ride"~ Bill Hicks

#37 caitlin12095

caitlin12095

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

I've been on Zoloft for about 3 weeks, and so far I feel great! I didn't know I could feel this normal and happy. I didn't have luck with Wellbutrin before so I am so happy to finally be feeling good. It's possible that I'll have to up my dose somewhere down the road (according to my therapist), but for now I'm good. I feel so lucky that this is only my 2nd antidepressant and I'm already having results. :)))

#38 donnakania

donnakania

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:30 AM

ever since last sunday i've been in a depressive mood my mom hopes its just hormonal so its eazyer to take care of
so on friday she talked to my doctor about it and im now takeing 2 tablets of zoloft at least thats what my mom is telling me
i really do hope this works cause my parents are worried sick about me .. at least i know they care about me

#39 ExProud

ExProud

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

One thing I want to say to people trying a new AD is to try not to get discouraged when you hear about failures. i think you see more reports of failures on a forum site like this because people who are getting good results don't follow up. Those people are back to living a happy life and the last thing they want to do is go into a depression forum. I confess that I'm that way, I wouldn't come to this site if I weren't feeling bad. So I believe it there are many more success stories than what you see here.
  • icallitbliss, focusnbalance, jobrary and 5 others like this

#40 lustraldecade

lustraldecade

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:44 PM

Sertraline has pulled me out and kept me out of some pretty nasty places.
I was on it for years for depression, each time I stopped the depression returned and now as far as I'm concerned I'm on it for good.
It's, perhaps regarded as one of the most effective SSRIs (along with escitalopram). Micromedex rates its efficacy and evidence base as a grade above fluoxetine. Its also got a fairly flat dose response curve for depression (I found that 50mg always worked). The fact that I'm on 150mg these days is because of generalised anxiety disorder - I've found that much harder to sort out really.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users