Advertisement

Scheduled Maintenance:

Please be aware that depressionforums will be down for a short period beginning from 02:00 EST (07:00 GMT) on Sunday 21st December for necessary maintenance. We apologise for the inconvenience and it should only take about 45 minutes.

• No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

How Does Paxil Make You Feel?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 comebackkidx3

comebackkidx3

ID: 41972

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 07:13 PM

My psychiatrist prescribed me paxil, and i've been taking it for about 3 weeks now for social anxiety, but I don't feel any different. When you take paxil, do you physically feel anything?

#2 Lummar

Lummar

ID: 43534

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:50 AM

My psychiatrist prescribed me paxil, and i've been taking it for about 3 weeks now for social anxiety, but I don't feel any different. When you take paxil, do you physically feel anything?

For me I get a slight perspective shift. I also have an uptick in energy levels, which usually comes with some SE's (initial anxiety, but restless sleep mainly). In your case, taking it for SA, I'm not surprised you don't feel different, presuming you do not have any accompanying depression.

What is your currant dose? Paxil dosage for effective treatment of SA can go as high as 60 mg.

#3 Cim

Cim

ID: 40443

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:57 PM

I just started Paxil 4 days ago. At 20mg, though first few days at 10 mg. No change yet haha.

#4 NewVoid

NewVoid

ID: 20801

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 06:36 PM

I'm on 20mg of paxil. I'm on day 18 of it. I'm getting frustrated with the effects of it. I am more lethargic and lazy and unmotivated (but it's worth mentioning I'm normally sort of lazy and unmotivated). I feel flat, not happy and not sad (which I guess is better than not feeling sad). I feel more bored with things I usually enjoy like reading and watching films.

There are a few good effects. My nervous stomach seems calmed down. I'm sleeping better than normal. Even though mentally I still feel nervous, there are less physical symptoms of being nervous (except for the rapid heart beat around social situations).

I'm going to keep on trucking for a few more weeks.
All the night's pride and shame has been redeemed by the shadows. The cause is the cure and vice versa, but thinking happy thoughts works in a way because nothing is without light.

#5 NewVoid

NewVoid

ID: 20801

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:38 PM

Update. It's been a good three weeks and I feel better. Head feels more clear. Noticeable decrease in anxiety. Especially it's easier being around other humans. It doesn't make me want to be more social but if I'm in a social situation, I feel less anxious. Depressing thoughts come but seem to fade fast instead of obsessing on them. To sum it up, though the effects are subtle, paroxetine appears to be working.
All the night's pride and shame has been redeemed by the shadows. The cause is the cure and vice versa, but thinking happy thoughts works in a way because nothing is without light.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users