Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

How Do You Overcome Your Dependent Personality Disorder?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 asking_advice

asking_advice

• PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 05:45 PM

i think i have dependent personality disorder. i will have therapy by this january. i want to know if is there anyone of you overcome your DPD? and can you share the story?

#2 Trace

Trace

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,085 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 04:10 AM

Hi asking advise

You may want to check in the Relationship Room, there is a pinned co-dependency thread that may help you.
We also have a password protected co-dependency sub forum, that may benefit you, it has a lot of tips and idea's.
Please pm any moderator or Admin for the password.

Trace
Listen in deep silence. Be very still and open your mind.... Sink deep into the peace that waits for you beyond the frantic, riotous thoughts and sights and sounds of this insane world. - A course of miracles.

True beauty must come, must be grown, from within.... - Ralph W Trine.

Posted Image

#3 adorabelle

adorabelle

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 02:56 PM

The road to recovery is long but it is possible, with a lot of hard work on yourself while you see a good therapist. It is not easy and sometimes it will feel overwhelming, but you just got to remind yourself to take it one step at a time and just focus on what you can do right now. Feel free to share your recovery process with us, we are here to support you! :wwww:

:shocked:
I'm too positive to be doubtful, too optimistic to be fearful and way too determined to be defeated. 

goldenvelope1jr.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users