Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Is Pristiq Vs Effexor

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#1 surfergirl

surfergirl

ID: 1480

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 10:58 PM

I have been off and on effexor for 12 years or so. I always come off because I feel so good on it it is hard to remember what it is like without.... and because of a couple of troublesome side effects - notably weight gain, constipation (bad) and zero libido.

This time i have been off a couple of months and have just restarted but this time with pristiq. My doc sid he is starting patients on this one rather that effexor as it seems to have less side effects and is usually effective at a lower dose.

Well, i started 3 days ago and i have terrible, terrible nausea, lack of appetite, weight loss and anxiety. I feel like my heart is thumping really hard and feeling jittery/nervous.

Anyone else experience this? And how long did it last? I don't remember the jittery feeling with effexor - definitely the nausea....

I really debated going onto the pristiq because effexor works so well, if i could get as good a result without the on going side effects i would be much more content to stay on....i feel so silly going off for side effects when i feel so bad now and that it will take a few weeks to stabilise :shocked:

#2 Guest_iowa_*

Guest_iowa_*

ID: 0

• Guests

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:17 PM

Hi surfergirl, I have read that nausea seems to be the most common side effect of Pristiq. Most psychiatrists want you to stay on a med for at least 4 weeks unless your side effects are serious. You'll have to decide if you want to give Pistiq a chance of working well with less side effects in the long run. It might be worth it to stay on it longer.
Iowa

#3 nicole84

nicole84

ID: 15376

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:13 AM

I think Pristiq is a bit more stimulating yes. I've also been on and off Efexor a stupid amount of times lol. This time i'm off it for good though. It got to the point where the nightmares were soooooooo sooooooo bad and the extreme restlessness made me unable to function. I'm actually going to Pristiq again after failing with Lexapro.

For me the worst side effect with Pristiq was my sleep. It wasn't happening basically all night. This time i've been given sleeping tablets and my doc thinks the sleep thing might settle after a month. This was why I stopped it last trial. But it definitely is better than Lexapro and Efexor for me. The nightmares aren't as bad and I actually noticed I have more of a sex drive on Pristiq which is quite good. I also notice the start up nausea, i'm really med sensitive which can suck.

Let us know how you're doing :)

#4 surfergirl

surfergirl

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:39 AM

i had less anxiety/tension today - although it did come in waves. i am probably just worried that it isn't going to work for me. Effexor was always so good for me but i am hoping the sexual side effects will be less - also the weight gain.

my sleep has been poor too - go off ok, but wake several times a night and am awake from about 3am onwards.....

i am super impatient - just want to be better NOW! LOL

#5 nicole84

nicole84

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:54 AM

I know what you mean haha .. I already feel better after trying Lexapro, didn't realise how numb and down I felt on Lexapro till i'm now off of it.

Hopefully it keeps getting better for both of us !

#6 surfergirl

surfergirl

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:47 PM

well, i ended up going back to effexor - anxiety came back again big time, i really don't want to take any other med (like a benzo or whatever) to manage the anxiety. During the day it was sort of bearable, but at night i just couldn't stand it. Maybe it would have gone away in time, i dunno. I took 75mg effexor yesterday morning and i slept like a baby last night.

#7 tanzap

tanzap

ID: 39615

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:47 AM

well, i ended up going back to effexor - anxiety came back again big time, i really don't want to take any other med (like a benzo or whatever) to manage the anxiety. During the day it was sort of bearable, but at night i just couldn't stand it. Maybe it would have gone away in time, i dunno. I took 75mg effexor yesterday morning and i slept like a baby last night.

hi surfergirl, l've been on effexor for the last 5 years then it pooped out on me and had to switch to pristiq. l have been on it nearly 5 months and l'm tritating all the way up to 300mgs. l'm also using a benzo as an aide for the time being. I also get waves of anxiety that come and go but that's why l'm still increasing. l dont seriously think that pristiq is the wonderful new 'effexor' that we thought. I think it's just metabalised different but that's about it. If l wasn't so determined to make it work for me l would have switched back to effexor months ago. l was on 300mgs of effexor before it pooped out on me. Good luck, luv tanya.

#8 Joyce

Joyce

ID: 18983

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:38 AM

I'm on effexor at 37.5mg only. Cant go higher. If you are med sensitive, since pristiq start at50mg and from what my previous therapist told me its about 100 mg of effexor (at least), you definitely can get worst side effects. I wont even go to pristiq cause I KNOW I would have bad side effects (heart racing and stuff).

My combo is effexot at 37.5 mg with .5mg of klonopin together in the morning. works wonder for me when taken together. .5 in the afternoon and .5 in the evening. I am not afraid of taking a benzo. Have been taking it for 7 years and aint getting off anywhere soon. Since I'm AD sensitive and I mean REAL sensitive thats my only option. I tried many ADs and they just screw with my head and the side effects are unbearable. Effexor always worked for me although I had some thyroide problems with it at some point and had to stop but I was taking 75mg than. So now at 37.5mg I'm fine and along with the klonopin, the combo works pretty well for me.

We all are different so what might work for one might not for another. If Pristiq works well for you its great. If not, dont give up until you find the right med or combo of med for you.

good luck!
:shocked:
Joyce
Posted Image

#9 Guest_iowa_*

Guest_iowa_*

ID: 0

• Guests

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:38 AM

surfergirl, I'm on Cymbalta, the other SNRI. It wasn't handling the anxiety well. My pdoc tried me on a blood pressure med that's supposed to help but it didn't. Then we tried Buspirone which helped some. Now I'm taking some gabapentin and I'm finally doing fine.
As Joyce says, we all have different results and just need to find the right med or combo that works for us.
iowa

#10 nicole84

nicole84

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:56 PM

Pristiq seems to be going ok for me minus the insomnia, but I had that on Efexor also. The restlessness and anxiety isn't as bad for me on Pristiq as it started to become on Efexor. Just hope the sleep thing sorts itself out!

#11 Joyce

Joyce

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:51 AM

Well, saw my dotor yesterday and I asked him to give me klonopin 3-4 times a day as I was really not doing that good. He said no and explained why which I have to say I agree. He said why dont we upper your dosage of effexor to 75mg instead? I'm willing to give it a try just I am a bit afraid cause in the past I had hyperthyroide caused by effexor. When I went off I was fine. But effexor is the only med that really works well for me. So, I am trying again right now at 75mg and will go down on the klonopin. I was soooo tired and apathic with 3-4 klonopin a days. but I was scared and confused cause I wasnt feeling well. I'm suppose to take 75mg one day, 37,5mg the other day and so on.

Pristiq scares me. Its seems to be more stimulating and I dont know if I can handle that. And I'm fine for now with effexor so I will see.

Joyce
Posted Image

#12 skeglegs11

skeglegs11

Just Registered

ID: 36991

• Just Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:36 PM

I'm 4 days into coming off Cymbalta to try Pristiq. Did Cymbalta for about 5 months until low moods and anxiety returned. Intially was great and I'd been a productive member of society. I was even nice and pleasant to be around - my old self from many years ago. The last two weeks have been hell though. No effects from reducing medication, just quick return of despressive behaviour. It's abosolute torture after having a glimpse at a 'normal, happy' life.

I've never been on Effexor, so I won't be able to compare it to Pristiq. Everything I reading though seems to indicate Pristiq to being the new sister of Effexor (which has good feedback). I'm just wondering if it is faster acting since there is no need for incremental increases of dosage? I hoping that 2 weeks on Pristiq will be enough to handle family christmas !!

Thanks to all for their posting's on their experiences with Prisiq. I'm keeping my fingers crossed :santagrin:

#13 nicole84

nicole84

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 09:43 AM

Surprise surprise, i'm back on Efexor again too :shocked:

It's never ending. Such a love/hate relationship with it for me. The SE's are so annoying and hate the nightmares, but it's the only med that keeps me somewhat stable and on the fence (kinda like just sitting there waiting to over balance)

My doc said maybe I need a higher dose. Bring on the mania again. Woohoo

#14 surfergirl

surfergirl

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:52 PM

It's never ending. Such a love/hate relationship with it for me. The SE's are so annoying and hate the nightmares, but it's the only med that keeps me somewhat stable and on the fence (kinda like just sitting there waiting to over balance)

ha ha, we are two peas in a pod!

i have been on 150 now for 3 weeks and feeling good. Maybe a faster start up this time - usually it is 4 weeks or so, maybe the 5 days on pristiq jump started me.

#15 nicole84

nicole84

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:07 PM

i have been on 150 now for 3 weeks and feeling good. Maybe a faster start up this time - usually it is 4 weeks or so, maybe the 5 days on pristiq jump started me.

LOL seems that way doesn't it!!! I'm seeing my doctor next week and going up to 150mg. Do you take any other meds with the Efexor?

#16 surfergirl

surfergirl

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 04:10 AM

LOL seems that way doesn't it!!! I'm seeing my doctor next week and going up to 150mg. Do you take any other meds with the Efexor?

No, 150mg effexor seems to be right for me. occasionally i go up to 225 whilst stabilising and then down to 150mg again a few months later. I counted up - i have been on and off effexor 9 times. I guess i should have just stayed on and avoided all the unnecessary heartache.

#17 Lookingup

Lookingup

Just Registered

ID: 44045

• Just Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:59 PM

Hi Guys, I am writing this as I am conserned for my wife, she wen on Effexor 10 years ago and gradually went from 150mh to 225mg and all has been ok, she recently saw a Dr who prescribed Pristiq in 100mg, which she has been taking for 2 weeks now.... I have watched her go to a dark place almost everyday and she has been more angry at the kids and unreasnable in disscussions with myself, she tried calling her Dr who is on hoiday at presen, so she is going back on effexor today at 300mg to see if she can pull around... I will let you know how she goes... (lucky I work from home so I can help her!)

#18 nicole84

nicole84

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 12:15 AM

Hi Guys, I am writing this as I am conserned for my wife, she wen on Effexor 10 years ago and gradually went from 150mh to 225mg and all has been ok, she recently saw a Dr who prescribed Pristiq in 100mg, which she has been taking for 2 weeks now.... I have watched her go to a dark place almost everyday and she has been more angry at the kids and unreasnable in disscussions with myself, she tried calling her Dr who is on hoiday at presen, so she is going back on effexor today at 300mg to see if she can pull around... I will let you know how she goes... (lucky I work from home so I can help her!)

Yeah alot of people are having the same issue... Efexor works alot better for me than Pristiq. It made me alot more irritable and depressed too. Although i'm still at 75mg of Efexor, I need to go up I just don't have the motivation to go to the doctor at the moment.

I also have Seroquel to help with sleep and my moods etc.

#19 Tinkerbell_kal

Tinkerbell_kal

ID: 37608

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:10 AM

(((Joyce))))

Good to see a familiar face around here!!

Well it's been a week on Pristiq, and all I have to report is MAJOR anxiety! I wake up with the worst anxiety EVER. I don't even want to go to get up for work. I think I'm going to take some vacation days next week to take some time for myself to deal with the nasty anxiety SE. Thankfully I have some Xanax to help that and Seroquel for sleep.

Has anyone else experienced heightend levels of anxiety when they first started Pristiq??

Since this is my 3rd AD I'm trying in less than a year, I do remember that it gets worse before it gets better, but this anxiety is making me not able to function!!! Have to stick with it though......... :shocked: Just hoping this will finally be the AD that is going to work for me.

Tink
"When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead!!

"Pain of mind is worse than pain of body"

#20 Tinkerbell_kal

Tinkerbell_kal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:12 AM

Pristiq scares me. Its seems to be more stimulating and I dont know if I can handle that. And I'm fine for now with effexor so I will see.

Joyce

(((JOYCE))) :wwww:

Hey friend! What do you mean by Pristiq being more stimulating?

Tink

Edited by Tinkerbell_kal, 14 January 2010 - 10:12 AM.

#21 Joyce

Joyce

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:33 AM

(((Joyce))))

Good to see a familiar face around here!!

Well it's been a week on Pristiq, and all I have to report is MAJOR anxiety! I wake up with the worst anxiety EVER. I don't even want to go to get up for work. I think I'm going to take some vacation days next week to take some time for myself to deal with the nasty anxiety SE. Thankfully I have some Xanax to help that and Seroquel for sleep.

Has anyone else experienced heightend levels of anxiety when they first started Pristiq??

Since this is my 3rd AD I'm trying in less than a year, I do remember that it gets worse before it gets better, but this anxiety is making me not able to function!!! Have to stick with it though......... :wwww: Just hoping this will finally be the AD that is going to work for me.

Tink

(((Tink))))

Darn! I responded and than (again) did preview but forgot to click 'add reply' :taz:

What I said is you dont have to suffer that much. Maybe you can tapper the zoloft instead of going from 100mg to 0?

IMO there is side effect and side effects! You dont have to suffer so much. Maybe try to call your dotor if you cant see him for awhile and explain what is happening. I cant believe he will let you be in state or he'll have to deal with me! :sneaky2:

Seriously though, do something about this. I hate seeing you feeling that way when I know it doesnt have to be that hard.

Listen to mom Joyce :shocked:
:huh:
Joyce
Posted Image

#22 Joyce

Joyce

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:41 AM

Joyce

(((JOYCE))) :wwww:

Hey friend! What do you mean by Pristiq being more stimulating?

Tink

Well, I have read that 50mg of pristiq is like around 150mg of effexor. Its high which might explain your anxiety being so high plus getting off the zoloft from 100mg to 0.

An AD is to help people that suffer from depression to have more energy so its why I say its more stimulating and since pristiq lowest dosage is already kind of high (I gave the comparaison between pristiq and effexor) it might be one reason you feel so anxious plus cutting off the zoloft.

I'm no doctor but I am just trying to make an observation.

:sneaky2:
Joyce
Posted Image

#23 scottybear

scottybear

ID: 8964

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:47 AM

My anxiety escalated on Pristiq as well. I did not get this same reaction on 75mg Effexor. I really wanted Pristiq to work, but it just wasn't all that effective.

#24 Joyce

Joyce

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:43 AM

My anxiety escalated on Pristiq as well. I did not get this same reaction on 75mg Effexor. I really wanted Pristiq to work, but it just wasn't all that effective.

Cant you go back on 75mg effexor?
Posted Image

#25 Tinkerbell_kal

Tinkerbell_kal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:41 AM

(((Tink))))

Darn! I responded and than (again) did preview but forgot to click 'add reply' :happy:

What I said is you dont have to suffer that much. Maybe you can tapper the zoloft instead of going from 100mg to 0?

IMO there is side effect and side effects! You dont have to suffer so much. Maybe try to call your dotor if you cant see him for awhile and explain what is happening. I cant believe he will let you be in state or he'll have to deal with me! :huh:

Seriously though, do something about this. I hate seeing you feeling that way when I know it doesnt have to be that hard.

Listen to mom Joyce :shocked:
:taz:
Joyce

((( Mamma Joyce)))

I just realized I missed reading this post as I was going through my emails! Sorry I didn't respond sooner! Well just to update you I'm feeling much better SE wise. Now I'm just waiting to feel better in every other dept. Nothing to report of as of yet. I guess I have to wait it out AGAIN. Man am I ever get tired of this song and dance. :sneaky2:

How are you doing???? Is the Effexor still working good? How long did it take when you switched from Zoloft to start feeling better?

:wwww:

Tink

#26 Joyce

Joyce

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:39 PM

(((Tink))))

Darn! I responded and than (again) did preview but forgot to click 'add reply' :wwww:

IMO there is side effect and side effects! You dont have to suffer so much. Maybe try to call your dotor if you cant see him for awhile and explain what is happening. I cant believe he will let you be in state or he'll have to deal with me! :taz:

Listen to mom Joyce :wwww:
:happy:
Joyce

((( Mamma Joyce)))

I just realized I missed reading this post as I was going through my emails! Sorry I didn't respond sooner! Well just to update you I'm feeling much better SE wise. Now I'm just waiting to feel better in every other dept. Nothing to report of as of yet. I guess I have to wait it out AGAIN. Man am I ever get tired of this song and dance. :huh:

How are you doing???? Is the Effexor still working good? How long did it take when you switched from Zoloft to start feeling better?

Tink

((((Tink))))) :mad1:

Dont worry about the delay! I'm in NO position to be offended :shocked:

I'm glad to see the side effects are subsiding. It is normal in the first few weeks to have some SE and also it can take even 2-3 months before your really feel the full benefits. So hang in there. But my question is...do you feel like there is actual improvement so far? Do you feel there is more positive than negative with that med?

I'm doing better although a bit tired but its to be expected. I went up to 75mg effexor and it does help to keep the anxiety at bay I can tell you. Just a bit detached sometimes but eh, its one or the other. Have to do with it. I do still feel a bit depressed but it is starting to sloooowly lift. I dont say I will be back to my old self but at least the anxiety wont have a hold on me.

Joyce
Posted Image

#27 Tinkerbell_kal

Tinkerbell_kal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:35 PM

((((Tink))))) :huh:

Dont worry about the delay! I'm in NO position to be offended :shocked:

I'm glad to see the side effects are subsiding. It is normal in the first few weeks to have some SE and also it can take even 2-3 months before your really feel the full benefits. So hang in there. But my question is...do you feel like there is actual improvement so far? Do you feel there is more positive than negative with that med?

I'm doing better although a bit tired but its to be expected. I went up to 75mg effexor and it does help to keep the anxiety at bay I can tell you. Just a bit detached sometimes but eh, its one or the other. Have to do with it. I do still feel a bit depressed but it is starting to sloooowly lift. I dont say I will be back to my old self but at least the anxiety wont have a hold on me.

Joyce

(((JOYCE)))

Just read about your kitties on the Z-train, I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm glad you decided to keep them and manage the allergies!! I'm thinking about getting a dog in the spring, I need some animal companianship! Since I don't have a cottage anymore (NO COMMENT) I will have more money free now that I don't have that to pay for it, so I think it's time I get me a dog! I miss having one since mine died 2 years ago :taz:

AS for how I'm feeling, YUCK. Well my doc didn't give me enough Pristiq or something cause I ran out early. I think I was supposed to do the Zoloft for 2 weeks along with the 50mg of Pristiq, but instead I only did one week and then up to 100mg of Pristiq so I kinda screwed myself. Anyways, I can't get an appt for the doc anytime soon with my work schedule so I asked if she could just refill it until I see her next. $20 later! Man do they take you for what they can. One simple phone call from the pharmacist to her asking if it's ok cost $20! So this past week I've had to cut myself back down to 50mg and now I'm paying for that as well, light headed, dizzy, just not feeling good! Thankfully today she finally ok'd it and I can go to the pharmacy and pick up my refill after work...... hopefully some relief ahead.........................

And that's the update on me!

Are you going off Effexor? Or did I mis-read your post on the Ztrain?

Tink

#28 Joyce

Joyce

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:37 AM

((((Tink))))) :sad:

Dont worry about the delay! I'm in NO position to be offended :sneaky2:

:mad1:
Joyce

(((JOYCE)))

Just read about your kitties on the Z-train, I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm glad you decided to keep them and manage the allergies!! I'm thinking about getting a dog in the spring, I need some animal companianship! Since I don't have a cottage anymore (NO COMMENT) I will have more money free now that I don't have that to pay for it, so I think it's time I get me a dog! I miss having one since mine died 2 years ago :huh:

AS for how I'm feeling, YUCK. Well my doc didn't give me enough Pristiq or something cause I ran out early. I think I was supposed to do the Zoloft for 2 weeks along with the 50mg of Pristiq, but instead I only did one week and then up to 100mg of Pristiq so I kinda screwed myself. Anyways, I can't get an appt for the doc anytime soon with my work schedule so I asked if she could just refill it until I see her next. $20 later! Man do they take you for what they can. One simple phone call from the pharmacist to her asking if it's ok cost $20! So this past week I've had to cut myself back down to 50mg and now I'm paying for that as well, light headed, dizzy, just not feeling good! Thankfully today she finally ok'd it and I can go to the pharmacy and pick up my refill after work...... hopefully some relief ahead.........................

And that's the update on me!

Are you going off Effexor? Or did I mis-read your post on the Ztrain?

Tink

((((Tink)))))

Thank you for your concern about my cats. Nope will never ever get rid of them but my allergies are not that drastic either. With the nasonex, claritin and the inhaler, i'm ok :happy:

As for Effexor, I dont know. I am back to 37.5mg and doing SO muich better! I'm also a bit down on the klonopin. But I am not sure if I will completely get off the meds. I will see. One step at a time. I think I was overacting (me??? :huh: ). But i'm glad that the allergies explains my breathing problem. I dont say sometimes its not anxiety but often I knew it wasnt that just didnt know what was wrong exactly.

So now i'm an official moving drugstore! :taz:
effexor, klonopin, nasonex, claritin, inhaler. :yay:

As for you sweetie, be careful not to find yourself in the same situation and being out of ADs!
How are you doing at this point since you are back on the pristiq. Are things improving?

Oh and for the dog...GOOD idea! :wwww:
Animals really do help with depression and anxiety disorders. My 2 cats do help calm me down. I am telling you. They have the magic touch. :shocked:
Do you know what kind of dog you would like?

Joyce
Posted Image

#29 Tinkerbell_kal

Tinkerbell_kal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:00 AM

((((Tink)))))

Thank you for your concern about my cats. Nope will never ever get rid of them but my allergies are not that drastic either. With the nasonex, claritin and the inhaler, i'm ok :happy:

As for Effexor, I dont know. I am back to 37.5mg and doing SO muich better! I'm also a bit down on the klonopin. But I am not sure if I will completely get off the meds. I will see. One step at a time. I think I was overacting (me??? :huh: ). But i'm glad that the allergies explains my breathing problem. I dont say sometimes its not anxiety but often I knew it wasnt that just didnt know what was wrong exactly.

So now i'm an official moving drugstore! :taz:
effexor, klonopin, nasonex, claritin, inhaler. :wwww:

As for you sweetie, be careful not to find yourself in the same situation and being out of ADs!
How are you doing at this point since you are back on the pristiq. Are things improving?

Oh and for the dog...GOOD idea! :sneaky2:
Animals really do help with depression and anxiety disorders. My 2 cats do help calm me down. I am telling you. They have the magic touch. :wwww:

:mad1:
Joyce

(((JOYCE)))

From one animal lover to the next! anytime! I want the same dog that I had for 14 awesome years! :shocked: She was a Bichon/Poodle and the best dog ever! I miss her sooooo much and would love another. Now that I'm living on my own it's going to be a new responsibility. When I had Fluffy she was the families dog so we shared all the responsibilities. We shall see!! My roomie and my bf will help me!

Feeling a little better now that I've got my meds sorted out and back to the 100mg dose. After I run out of these I'll go back to the doc and see what she has to say. Started feeling some happiness last night that kinda threw me for a loop since I'm not used to feeling that!! But I don't want to get my hopes up since I remember a similar feeling when I was on Cymbalta and we all know what happened there... NOTHING
I still feel dizzy after I take them though. I hope that stops soon, I don't even want to get up from my desk cause I feel like I'm going to fall over! :yay:

Well I'm glad you are starting to feel some relief and that you figured out it was your allergies!!!

Are you still living with that roomate? Or did she leave yet?

Tink

#30 Joyce

Joyce

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:12 AM

((((Tink)))))

Thank you for your concern about my cats. Nope will never ever get rid of them but my allergies are not that drastic either. With the nasonex, claritin and the inhaler, i'm ok :mad1:

As for Effexor, I dont know. I am back to 37.5mg and doing SO muich better! I'm also a bit down on the klonopin. But I am not sure if I will completely get off the meds. I will see. One step at a time. I think I was overacting (me??? :taz: ). But i'm glad that the allergies explains my breathing problem. I dont say sometimes its not anxiety but often I knew it wasnt that just didnt know what was wrong exactly.

So now i'm an official moving drugstore! :happy:
effexor, klonopin, nasonex, claritin, inhaler. :huh:

Oh and for the dog...GOOD idea! :huh:
Animals really do help with depression and anxiety disorders. My 2 cats do help calm me down. I am telling you. They have the magic touch. :sneaky2:

:yay:
Joyce

(((JOYCE)))

From one animal lover to the next! anytime! I want the same dog that I had for 14 awesome years! :shocked: She was a Bichon/Poodle and the best dog ever! I miss her sooooo much and would love another. Now that I'm living on my own it's going to be a new responsibility. When I had Fluffy she was the families dog so we shared all the responsibilities. We shall see!! My roomie and my bf will help me!

Feeling a little better now that I've got my meds sorted out and back to the 100mg dose. After I run out of these I'll go back to the doc and see what she has to say. Started feeling some happiness last night that kinda threw me for a loop since I'm not used to feeling that!! But I don't want to get my hopes up since I remember a similar feeling when I was on Cymbalta and we all know what happened there... NOTHING
I still feel dizzy after I take them though. I hope that stops soon, I don't even want to get up from my desk cause I feel like I'm going to fall over! :yay:

Well I'm glad you are starting to feel some relief and that you figured out it was your allergies!!!

Are you still living with that roomate? Or did she leave yet?

Tink

I'm sure you can take care of a dog on your own. They dont ask for much. Food, water, affection and some attention and give so much back in return :wwww: :wwww:

As for my roomate, she is still there. Wont leave till July. Sometimes I'm ok sometimes I want to bite her head off. So, for my own emotional health, she cant stay another year. Or i'll go insane :nod:

Well, not all of my problems are caused by allergies but at least the breathing part I figured. Its a relief cause I was going nuts trying to handle that particular symptom. In the beginning of my disorder it was the anxiety but now its a mix. So, since I was already labelled with having anxiety the doctor was saying it was that was causing my breathing problem but I knew it had to be something more. The allergist told me it was my allergies causing some asthma (mild but still there) and since I have anxiety well as soon as I felt a bit of a hard time to breathe I panicked. Kind of a vicious circle. So now, that should handle that. So, I better stay on my effexor at 37.5mg and on the klonopin but I want to go down to .5mg a day and if I see I can do without eventually I will go down real slow.

Back to you now. If the dizziness persist, talk to your doctor about it. Its normal to have SE in the beginning but if it persist its not normal. Maybe you need a med adjustment? Just a tought.

:sad:
Joyce
Posted Image

#31 jcasino

jcasino

Just Registered

ID: 66221

• Just Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:25 PM

I am 34 years old and I started seeing a new psychiatrist and he has changed all my medications. I was previously on 100mg of venlafaxine (non-time release effexor) twice a day and I had decided to go back on medication to manage my ADHD. I must have been taking the venlafaxine for in excess of 10 years. Strangely enough, the effexor XR never worked for me at all. For whatever reason, the time release prevented the medication from reaching a high enough level in my body and I felt miserable. The doctor instructed me to gradually reduce the venlafaxine gradually to minimize the withdrawal symptoms. I have been taking 50mg of Pristiq every morning for 6 days now. I feel HORRIBLE!

At first, I thought I had some kind of strange flu. I am experiencing pretty significant levels of the following:
Insomnia, nausea, constipation, anxiety, depression, restlessness, increased ADHD symptoms and just an overall feeling of being physically sick.
When I could not take anymore, I decided to look at what some other people had said about Pristiq.
Mostly everyone seemed to go through the same thing as I am going through with varying degrees of the same symptoms. I got really nervous about continuing the drug at that point because it does not make sense to me to switch to a new drug that makes you feel worse than the old drug.
I decided I would stop taking it, took 100mg of effexor, and called the psychiatrist to tell him that I was switching back.

While I was waiting for the receptionist to answer the phone, I saw a post by a woman that stated that it took 3 weeks, but she feels "wonderful."
I apologized to the receptionist for wasting her time and decided that I am going to try and stick it out.
It has been such a long time since I
have switched medications that I did not remember how bad it can be to transition from one to another.
I have always had what I considered to be good luck with effexor and I stayed on it for many, many years. I am hoping that my symptoms will dissipate soon and that I will feel "wonderful" as well. I hope I am doing the right thing. If anyone has any input for me, I would really appreciate it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)