Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Citalopram Increased Dosage - 20mg To 30mg

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 aboutagirl

aboutagirl

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:54 PM

Hey everyone,

I've been taking 20mg of citalopram for almost a month now and I've really noticed a change in my emotions, I feel a lot more levelled out, but I'm still getting bad anxiety in the mornings/throughout the day and some days I feel very low and a bit hopeless... so my doc has put me up to 30mg, which I'll start taking this week. I was just wondering if anyone has done the same and whether they saw any noticable improvement with it?

Cheers,
Laura

#2 Trace

Trace

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,085 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 05:22 AM

Hi and Welcome to DF Laura

Often an increase can help a fair bit, but you may get some side effects for a few weeks from the increase.
I hope the increase goes well for you.

Trace
Listen in deep silence. Be very still and open your mind.... Sink deep into the peace that waits for you beyond the frantic, riotous thoughts and sights and sounds of this insane world. - A course of miracles.

True beauty must come, must be grown, from within.... - Ralph W Trine.

Posted Image

#3 shio

shio

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:07 PM

Hi Aboutagirl,
My doctor started me on 20mg of citalopram earlier this year and you're right it does help ease the depression and my anxiety level is not too bad as it use to be. Then I hit a little rut where my depression was slowly creeping in so she increased my dose to 40mg. It's been a month and for the first time in my life I have not crashed big time, I no longer hide and sleep all day -oh and I can handle the stressors my mother gives me.
So yeah hang in there, it got better for me so I'm sure you will too.
Peace out
Shio
~ If you could just open up to other people, you'd soon find that you have more than one safe haven.~
Major depression, PTSD, Borderline Personality Disorder, Anxiety

#4 aboutagirl

aboutagirl

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:57 PM

Thanks guys,
Yeah the side effects are coming back again, mental tiredness and dry mouth, and I don't think my mood has changed that much since I started the increase (almost a week ago), I seem to have plateauted a bit... but I'm hoping it'll kick in soon :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users