• Announcements

• Lindsay

Depression Forums Is Back Online!   02/09/2016

Hello! Understand that this is a long process that will be ongoing for awhile. Somethings may not seem right or look right at the moment, such as your profile page. So some things may not work as expected for the time being, but please appreciate that we have to prioritize function over appearance. Eventually it will all come together and be wonderful! It may be as if nothing has ever changed... Tomorrow we will have a Forum set up for members to ask any questions they may have about the upgrade. We really appreciate all of your feedback! Your Forum Administrators
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aboutagirl

Citalopram Increased Dosage - 20mg To 30mg

4 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post  

Hey everyone,

I've been taking 20mg of citalopram for almost a month now and I've really noticed a change in my emotions, I feel a lot more levelled out, but I'm still getting bad anxiety in the mornings/throughout the day and some days I feel very low and a bit hopeless... so my doc has put me up to 30mg, which I'll start taking this week. I was just wondering if anyone has done the same and whether they saw any noticable improvement with it?

Cheers,
Laura

Posted · Report post  

Hi and Welcome to DF Laura

Often an increase can help a fair bit, but you may get some side effects for a few weeks from the increase.
I hope the increase goes well for you.

Trace

Posted · Report post  

Hi Aboutagirl,
My doctor started me on 20mg of citalopram earlier this year and you're right it does help ease the depression and my anxiety level is not too bad as it use to be. Then I hit a little rut where my depression was slowly creeping in so she increased my dose to 40mg. It's been a month and for the first time in my life I have not crashed big time, I no longer hide and sleep all day -oh and I can handle the stressors my mother gives me.
So yeah hang in there, it got better for me so I'm sure you will too.
Peace out
Shio

Posted · Report post  

Thanks guys,
Yeah the side effects are coming back again, mental tiredness and dry mouth, and I don't think my mood has changed that much since I started the increase (almost a week ago), I seem to have plateauted a bit... but I'm hoping it'll kick in soon :)