Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

What does a liver test

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 texasmom

texasmom

ID: 5659

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 11:11 AM

consist of? I do drink and since I'm on the cymbalta..thinking maybe I should. Anyone have links to these issues and any side affects I should be on the lookout for? THANKS!

#2 Deet

Deet

Gold Member

ID: 1051

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 12:39 PM

Just go to the local clinic, health center, hospital lab, whatever. They'll draw blood and run a series of tests called a 'liver panel'. It tests enzyme levels...high levels indicate liver damage, which means it's time to quit the booze and/or change meds. Or they can be high because you've got hepatitus, mono, cirrhosis, or you've been hitting the ibuprofen too hard.

Or there may be no good reason, and your liver just wants to scare the hell out of you.
MOM!!! Phineas and Ferb are making a title sequence!!!

DX: Major depression/general anxiety
Rx's: Effexor, Lexapro, Lex/Wellbutrin, Wellbutrin, Buspar/Wellbutrin, Zoloft/Wellbutrin, Stablon, Cymbalta, Remeron, Nuvigil, and amoxapine in various combinations. Oh, and Xanax and trazodone from time to time.

#3 texasmom

texasmom

ID: 5659

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 11:40 AM

ty dan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users