Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

How Does Remeron Work For You

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 SecretMist

SecretMist

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,512 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:15 AM

i take remeron as an anti depression med and i take it at night for it helps to relax me and i can get the sleep i need.

If we can't stand alone to help ourselves,
with support we shall stand together
to make the changes and a difference within our lives
and the lives of all for the better.

#2 Scattered13

Scattered13

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:58 AM

I take it at night as it's meant to make me sleepy... It doesn't. Doesn't do a lot else either. It has helped with the 'psychotic features' part of the illness. I no longer think all my dreams are real, and it seems to have built a glass wall between my dream realities and actual reality. No effect on my mood though.
Dx: psychotic depression, panic disorder, rheumatoid arthitis, 'something else going on'
Rx: mirtazapine 45mg,respiridone 1mg, adalimumab 40mg, azathioprine 150mg, hydroxychloroquine 400mg, prednisolone 5mg, diclofenac sodium 150mg, codeine 30mg, zaleplon 10mg, calcium and vit.d

#3 newtech

newtech

• Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:44 PM

iv been taking it for almost one year...i was on 30mg at night and after 30 minutes im sleeping, also makes me hungry but its good cuz im skinny. For depression i thought it didnt do almost anything but recently i up to 60mg to check symthoms and i notice a really good mood improvement .

#4 SecretMist

SecretMist

• Platinum Member
  • 4,512 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:12 AM

I take it at night as it's meant to make me sleepy... It doesn't. Doesn't do a lot else either. It has helped with the 'psychotic features' part of the illness. I no longer think all my dreams are real, and it seems to have built a glass wall between my dream realities and actual reality. No effect on my mood though.

hi scattered13,
i do hope that at least you feel better about thinking all your dreams are not real, that has to be somewhat of a relief.

#5 SecretMist

SecretMist

• Platinum Member
  • 4,512 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:20 AM

iv been taking it for almost one year...i was on 30mg at night and after 30 minutes im sleeping, also makes me hungry but its good cuz im skinny. For depression i thought it didnt do almost anything but recently i up to 60mg to check symthoms and i notice a really good mood improvement .

hello newtech,

you know i use to think that it was the lamictal that was making me hungry at bed time, after taking my night meds and went to bed i would always have to get back up and eat something before i could go to sleep. i have only known people going up to 45 mg on remeron but i know everybody reacts differently and has different dosages that works better for them. i'm glad to hear that you have noticed a really good mood improvement.

#6 Scattered13

Scattered13

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 04:46 PM

SweetMist - It is a huge relief, my post sounds very ungrateful. I'm very thankful for the change in the dreams because they were very hard to cope with. I just wish it would start helping else where too!
Dx: psychotic depression, panic disorder, rheumatoid arthitis, 'something else going on'
Rx: mirtazapine 45mg,respiridone 1mg, adalimumab 40mg, azathioprine 150mg, hydroxychloroquine 400mg, prednisolone 5mg, diclofenac sodium 150mg, codeine 30mg, zaleplon 10mg, calcium and vit.d

#7 Guest_Abomination_*

Guest_Abomination_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:52 AM

I take it to help me sleep, but it also helps with my mood along with Cymbalta that i take. Gained bit weight on it, which is pretty bad. But goodnight sleep is worth it imo.

#8 SecretMist

SecretMist

• Platinum Member
  • 4,512 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:29 AM

SweetMist - It is a huge relief, my post sounds very ungrateful. I'm very thankful for the change in the dreams because they were very hard to cope with. I just wish it would start helping else where too!

i'm sorry i missed your post here scattered,
don't worry about your post sounding ungrateful, it is hard to get full effects of the meds and i hope in time it will help you in other ways. we are all here to express how we feel whether it is a bad feeling or a good feeling.

#9 akanassi

akanassi

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 09:42 AM

I'm taking 45mg at night for depression and it puts me to sleep.

#10 SecretMist

SecretMist

• Platinum Member
  • 4,512 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:58 AM

hi akanassi,

i'm glad that remeron helps with your sleep as it is important to have some good sleep and also helps with depression.

#11 Robert123

Robert123

• PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 01:22 PM

Secretmisk, As far as my insomnia is concern it cured the problem. However, it's hell to wake up in the morning & my first few hours I'm fatigue. I accept that side effect because atleast I get my sleep. As far as my depression, It's not a miracle pill for me, so I aslo I take it with 25 mg of zoloft & recently was put on klonopin as well for my GAD. I might try to come off 25mg of zoloft soon. although I tried it before and wasn't successful. I believe I wasn't successful because I wean of the drug kind of fast. I been on 25 mg of zoloft for a while now, so maybe this time I can successfully withdraw of zoloft. I Guess I rate remeron a 2.5 stars out of 5 starts. Good Luck!

#12 SecretMist

SecretMist

• Platinum Member
  • 4,512 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 07:52 PM

Secretmisk, As far as my insomnia is concern it cured the problem. However, it's hell to wake up in the morning & my first few hours I'm fatigue. I accept that side effect because atleast I get my sleep. As far as my depression, It's not a miracle pill for me, so I aslo I take it with 25 mg of zoloft & recently was put on klonopin as well for my GAD. I might try to come off 25mg of zoloft soon. although I tried it before and wasn't successful. I believe I wasn't successful because I wean of the drug kind of fast. I been on 25 mg of zoloft for a while now, so maybe this time I can successfully withdraw of zoloft. I Guess I rate remeron a 2.5 stars out of 5 starts. Good Luck!

hi robert,

i can understand what you mean about the morning after. i also have been on all 3 of those meds as combo, and they work very well with me. i take them at differents times as prescribed be my pdoc. however everybody reacts differently with different meds. i'm not sure when you take which meds but it was like one of those trial and errors for me to find what times to take this med so that i would get the full benefit. if you have tried to wean yourself off of your med then that can confusion and cause problems for you. make sure that when coming off of any med that it is with the consent of your doctor. i hope this has help at least a little.

#13 when will it end

when will it end

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 10:43 AM

45 mg is the max for remeron I believe...

#14 when will it end

when will it end

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 10:46 AM

how can you tell which med is really working for you?

Edited by SecretMist, 03 October 2009 - 01:00 PM.

#15 SecretMist

SecretMist

• Platinum Member
  • 4,512 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 12:13 PM

Hi when will it end,

For myself I have been on different types of meds all through out my depression so when my body get to the point that the meds don't work then they start me out with one new med at a time. I first start taking remeron the last time around and it did help with the slip and the panic attacks however after awhile they had to add some more meds to help me out as things had gotten worse with the struggles of life so the combo is what I have been on for a while now and works good for me. I still have my ups and downs but for the most part I do sleep better unless I have something traumatic happen and then I have been given the aproval from my pdoc to take one extra dosage.

#16 tanzap

tanzap

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 10:53 PM

Hi when will it end,

For myself I have been on different types of meds all through out my depression so when my body get to the point that the meds don't work then they start me out with one new med at a time. I first start taking remeron the last time around and it did help with the slip and the panic attacks however after awhile they had to add some more meds to help me out as things had gotten worse with the struggles of life so the combo is what I have been on for a while now and works good for me. I still have my ups and downs but for the most part I do sleep better unless I have something traumatic happen and then I have been given the aproval from my pdoc to take one extra dosage.

hi secretmist, how long did it take for the remeron to work for you?

#17 SecretMist

SecretMist

• Platinum Member
  • 4,512 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:11 PM

Hi tanzap,

It didn't take long at all for the remeron to start working but getting the full effect took about 4 weeks, but at least within the first few days I was having some relief. Everybody reacts differently and it could take longer for the med to work properly.

#18 Lady Mozzer

Lady Mozzer

Gold Member

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 06:55 AM

I don`t know if it`s working for me at all.I have been pretty moody since my p doc increased the dosage.I take it at night along with my seroquel and geodon.

Accept Me As I Am-Completely Unacceptable  :rose:~MORRISSEY~ :rose:

Meds~Abilify 30mgs,Cymbalta 60,mgs,Mirtazipine 45mgs,Lorazepam 2mgs

#19 SecretMist

SecretMist

• Platinum Member
  • 4,512 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 09:33 AM

Hi Lady Mozzer,

How long have you been on remeron? If you are just starting it and the increase dosage has made you more moody you may want to have a chat with your pdoc to let them know how you are feeling. It does take time for remeron to take full effect. Did you feel better before the dosage was increased?

#20 Lady Mozzer

Lady Mozzer

Gold Member

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 05:25 AM

Hi Lady Mozzer,

How long have you been on remeron? If you are just starting it and the increase dosage has made you more moody you may want to have a chat with your pdoc to let them know how you are feeling. It does take time for remeron to take full effect. Did you feel better before the dosage was increased?

Hi SecretMist. I have been on Remeron for about a month before the dosage increase.My p doc just increased the dosage when I last saw him.I have to say I did not feel better before the dosage increase.I even told my pdoc I did not think it was helping.Thank you for asking . :hearts:

Accept Me As I Am-Completely Unacceptable  :rose:~MORRISSEY~ :rose:

Meds~Abilify 30mgs,Cymbalta 60,mgs,Mirtazipine 45mgs,Lorazepam 2mgs

#21 SecretMist

SecretMist

• Platinum Member
  • 4,512 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 10:36 AM

Hi Lady Mozzer,

Hi SecretMist. I have been on Remeron for about a month before the dosage increase.My p doc just increased the dosage when I last saw him.I have to say I did not feel better before the dosage increase.I even told my pdoc I did not think it was helping.Thank you for asking . :hearts:

Hi Lady,

Hopefully after the increase it will help you, if it doesn't you may need a high dosage or a different med. Keep us posted on how your progress goes and see how the increase goes.

#22 OpenO

OpenO

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:58 AM

I've been on it for over a month now and and not sure if it's working for me.

I'm taking 45mg but it might take a while yet for it to work. I'm also taking 7.5mg of olanzapine to help me sleep and for my depersonalisation.

Not making me tired or sleepy and feel very numb and detached from everything but that could also be my depersonalisation and also the lack of proper sleep.

Edited by OpenO, 19 October 2009 - 09:17 AM.

#23 SecretMist

SecretMist

• Platinum Member
  • 4,512 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:33 PM

Yes OpenO, it can take up to 8 weeks for the remeron to have it's full effect. You may also want to check out your other meds in the med forum to see how others respond to taking the same meds as you do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users