• Announcements

• Lindsay

Depression Forums Are Back Online!   02/09/2016

Hello Members! Please understand that this upgrade was huge and is a process that will be ongoing for a tad longer. Somethings may not seem 'right' or look a bit 'strange' at the moment, such as your profile page or "Quotes" etc.. Some things may not work as expected... for the time being, but please appreciate that we have to prioritize function over appearance. Eventually DF will all come together and be wonderful! It will be as if nothing had ever changed... As an afterthought...DF will be ACCESSIBLE ANYTIME/ANYWHERE
      Whether you’re on your smartphone, tablet or computer, access to Depressionforums.org/forums is right at your fingertips with our new upgrade. The
      refreshing, dynamic look translates across all platforms and devices.
      Come join up, become a member if not already! It’s free to post to your peers about anything that is troubling you.  We are certain there is a Forum for that. Tomorrow we will have a Forum set up for members to answer any questions that you may have about the upgrade. We really appreciate all of your feedback! Your Forum Administrators
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
icanhasapretty

Can Wellbutrin Make You Tired?

15 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post  

Everyone says that they get energy from it, but I took my first dose yesterday, and continued this morning. Very low dose to start. 75 mg instant release, and now today I can't keep my head up. I feel like I could fall asleep standing up. I'm normally not THIS tired. I also feel like my eyes are tired and overworked. Like when you read for too long or something. But there is no reason for my eyes to hurt. I'm struggling so hard to stay awake. I don't want to take a nap, cause I'm afraid of not being able to go to sleep tonight if I do.

Posted · Report post  

I hope you'll call your doctor, as soon as you can, to ask about this possible side effect. We all react so differently to medication....you just never know.

Some people have the jitters with Wellbutrin and some people have to wait a few weeks for the med to completey "kick in."

If the med hasn't taken effect it could be the depression causing you to feel tired. Only your doc can tell you for sure, of course.

There are always other meds to try if this one doesn't work out. Keep trying--there is hope for healing!

I'm holding good thoughts for you,

Aerial

Posted · Report post  

Definitely let your doctor know the wellbutrin is making you feel that tired.

As for whether it can do that, I saw it doing it to a friend of mine when she was prescribed it. It was bad enough that she had to discontinue taking it at the time. Personally it doesn't give me much energy (about as much as I get from taking an aspirin :( ) but it does make me paranoid and panicky. Despite this it does work well for other people so my experience alone is not a condemnation of that med.

Good luck to you feeling better.

Posted · Report post  

Definitely let your doctor know the wellbutrin is making you feel that tired.

As for whether it can do that, I saw it doing it to a friend of mine when she was prescribed it. It was bad enough that she had to discontinue taking it at the time. Personally it doesn't give me much energy (about as much as I get from taking an aspirin :( ) but it does make me paranoid and panicky. Despite this it does work well for other people so my experience alone is not a condemnation of that med.

Good luck to you feeling better.

Does Wellbutrin make most people paranoid, panicky, jittery, and anxious for the duration of the treatment or are those side effects just present during the "start-up" phase? The reason I'm asking is I sure as hell don't want to combine Paxil with Wellbutrin, as my doctor is suggesting to reduce my weight gain and increase my libido, if those kind of side effects are going to be forever present. Not a chance, thank you very much :flowers: I'd rather put up with the extra weight and sexual disfunction :hearts:

ZenDarling likes this

Posted · Report post  

I am now just on Wellbutrin, I think for me it made me a bit tired so I would then have a coffee which raised my anxiety. I need to see how I do without the caffeine because I think I get way too stimulated and then I am all over the place, I can't sit still ... the only good thing is that I get a lot done but I don't want to get a lot done out of the necessity to burn all the energy off. My libido went up a lot when I started taken the 150mg then it leveled out.

Has anyone else had an experience with Wellbutrin and caffeine? Did it make you very wired .. how long till the effect wore off?

ZenDarling likes this

Posted · Report post  

Interesting question...

My Wellbutrin started not to many weeks ago and its leaving me feeling slightly exhausted. Its not just you.

PL

ZenDarling likes this

Posted · Report post  

Interesting question...

My Wellbutrin started not to many weeks ago and its leaving me feeling slightly exhausted. Its not just you.

PL

I havve been on 150mg of WB and .50 of Klonopin. The first five days I felt SO drugged up and out of it. I couldn't do a thing. Now, I have much more energy and am focused. I don't like the side effect of the constipation though (also caused by anxiety which WB makes you have) so am looking for another combo this week. Maybe you will feel better in a few days.

:-)

lvgirl

ZenDarling likes this

Posted · Report post  

I am on a very high dose of wellbutirn XR I don't know if I'm a good person to answer this as I suffer from hyper somnolence so I don't know really.

TSO

Posted · Report post  

I'm on 150 mg generic Wellbutrin twice daily and it helps my lack of energy due to my multiple illnesses. It gave me energy even when first started at 150 mg once a day.

verynicebecky likes this

Posted · Report post  

Hi all! I have kind of a similar problem. I started taking 150mg sertraline about 8 months ago but then I gained 30 pounds, that I could not work off. So my doctor switched me to 300 Wellbutrin about a week and a half ago, I started out with 150 for a couple days (along with a lower dose of sertraline) and now I am on only the wellbutrin and 25mg Trazodone at night. I  have noticed that I am so sleepy in the morning, it is so hard to get up. I just feel lathargic, but then at night I get a small burst of energy. I am confused about this. Am I tired because I still have sertraline in my system? Or what? Any help would be great! thanks!

Ladybaker 

(since I am new they wouldn't let me update my signature, so at the bottom is one of my favorite quotes)

"Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up"

-Robert Frost

freckledface likes this

Posted · Report post  

Bakerlady,

I'm on 20mg of Lexapro (take at night) and 150mg of Wellbutrin (take in morning) and I'm tired all day long and now it's 1am and I'm wide awake, I am disappointed because I thought the WB would give me energy throughout the day but it hasn't done that yet and I'm almost 3 weeks from when I started it.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I can relate to what you're saying.

Posted · Report post  

Bakerlady,

I'm on 20mg of Lexapro (take at night) and 150mg of Wellbutrin (take in morning) and I'm tired all day long and now it's 1am and I'm wide awake, I am disappointed because I thought the WB would give me energy throughout the day but it hasn't done that yet and I'm almost 3 weeks from when I started it.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I can relate to what you're saying.

Hi Freckledface - I'm on the same bit of Lexapro and Wellbutrin and am exhausted all day long...  Has it gotten any better for you?

Posted · Report post  

Bakerlady,

Hi Freckledface - I'm on the same bit of Lexapro and Wellbutrin and am exhausted all day long...  Has it gotten any better for you?

Hi there,

No it hasn't... I'm going to call my doctor today because if anything it's gotten worse.

Posted · Report post  

I have found that Wellbutrin makes me pretty tired at night. It seems like it stimulates my brain all day and then at night my mind is tired and ready to sleep. /shrug

It's crazy how medications affect us in such drastically different ways. 

Posted · Report post  

I am also on Lexapro and Wellbutrin XL 150mg. I have found that i'm extremely tired and a little spaced out. I just started the Wellbutrin 4 days ago so maybe it'll just take some time to adjust. I remember when I first went on the Lexapro I felt like I was tired but on ecstasy at the same time. But that also passed.