Advertisement

Scheduled Maintenance:

Please be aware that depressionforums will be down for a short period beginning from 02:00 EST (07:00 GMT) on Sunday 21st December for necessary maintenance. We apologise for the inconvenience and it should only take about 45 minutes.

• No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Wellbutrin Didn't Work For Me

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kindy

Kindy

Just Registered

ID: 39223

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 03:15 PM

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, so please bear with me.

I tried wellbutrin for about 6 months and literally felt nothing. My psychiatrist finally decided I had more anxiety than depression and switched me to Risperdal (2 mg) and Klonopin (.5 mg). I also have Restoril for sleep (15 mg), but try not to take them except on weekends. I have found, though, this combination has made it so hard for me to wake up in the mornings. I have a history of suicide attempts :hearts: Hopefully never again....so they're careful in what they give me, but was wondering if anyone else is on this combo?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Kindy

#2 Aerial

Aerial

ID: 10760

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:57 PM

Kindy, welcome to the DF!

I'm sorry to hear about your med troubles. I take Wellbutrin plus Paxil and Xanax for sleep.

In my situation, I need to take my Xanax early enough in the evening so I can be, at least, half way awake in the morning. I try to get up early enough to eat a good breakfast, shower and let the sleepy-time cobwebs dissolve from my brain.

I'm sure you'll keep your doctors aware of how you are feeling. In your unique circumstance let them be your guides. I hope you continue to take good care of yourself and keep your mood up, hon. :hearts:

Keep posting here on the DF and let us know how you're doing!
Posted ImagePosted Image

"We've been around, we fall, we fly
We mostly fall, we mostly run
And every now and then we try
To mend the damage that we've done..."

(Song of Bernadette, lyrics by Leonard Cohen)

"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time." James Taylor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users