Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Taking Cipralex And Trazodone At The Same Time

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 happygranny

happygranny

Just Registered

ID: 38413

• Just Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 05:50 PM

Hello, I am new here, this is my first post so hopefully I am doing this correctly.
I have been taking Trazodone for over 5 years now, starting at 50 mgs and now up to 100 mgs for sleep. I was Dxd with FMS and CFS/ME after 3 years for searching for answers, in 2003. I was then tested positive for Lyme disease in 2005 and been on and off ABX until February this year when I stopped because I didn't think I was getting much better anymore and in fact was getting worse.

I do suffer depression, though no anxiety attacks, mostly not able to feel much emotion anymore. I do feel contented, just no emotional highs and lows.

My Doctor Rxd Cymbalta first and after 3 or 4 days I was very paranoid and having strange thoughts so I stopped. Now I am about to try Cipralex but when I bought the Rx into the pharmacy I was told there could be a problem because of an interaction between Trazodone and Cipralex. They checked with my doctor and he said I could go ahead with it because of the doses (I guess?).

I take 100 mgs of TRazodone at bedtime and supposed to take 10 mgs of Cipralex but hesitate because of the interaction possibility.

Has anyone had experience with this?
Thanks,
happygranny

Advertisement

#2 larkinthemorning

larkinthemorning

ID: 33114

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:57 PM

Hi, and welcome to the forums! I have been on trazodone and celexa for two years (minus 6 months when I stopped the celexa but was still on the trazodone) and I've been fine, no interactions. I am taking 200 mg of trazodone at night and 20 mg of celexa in the morning. Did the pharmacist say what the possible interaction could be? Just curious.

#3 happygranny

happygranny

Just Registered

ID: 38413

• Just Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 02:54 PM

Hello Larkinthemorning, thankyou for your response, I appreciate that. Celexa and Ciprolax are fairly similar in make-up from what I have read, so that is good news.

T he warning was about Serotonin accumulation that could cause muscle spasms. I did some searching about it online and am afraid I don't understand a lot of what I read, but it did say something about : Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors with Tricyclic Compounds (Trazodone) being a Level 3 in Severity being Moderate Interaction and directions are to assess the risk to patient and take action as needed. My doctor figured there was no problem, but I still hesitate to start it.

also I am feeling quite sick right now and I think it is a reaction to the Oxycontin I am taking for Peripheral Neuropathic pain.

Thanks again,

Happygranny

Hi, and welcome to the forums! I have been on trazodone and celexa for two years (minus 6 months when I stopped the celexa but was still on the trazodone) and I've been fine, no interactions. I am taking 200 mg of trazodone at night and 20 mg of celexa in the morning. Did the pharmacist say what the possible interaction could be? Just curious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users