Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Anyone Else Taking Seroquel Plus Ambien For Sleep?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pittguy578

pittguy578

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:29 PM

Just wondering if anyone else is taking Ambien and Seroquel for sleep. I do not have any disorders that would require me to take Seroquel for anything other than sleep. Ambien by itself has not been working well lately, and I have not been feeling rested. However, I discovered by combining it with Seroquel that I am actually able to sleep through the night and not wake up numerous times.
Anyone else have any experience with this combination?

Jim

#2 Guest_thekidofthekids_*

Guest_thekidofthekids_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2009 - 05:36 PM

not sure on this one...i did take seroquil once by itself and i was screwed up beyond belief. i will say generic ambien seems like junk especially apotex brand. i'm on ambien cr and it dumps on the generic even though supposedly only half of the pill disolves instantly so that would be,hmmm 6.5mg...try that before you start mixing with seroquil if you can afford it

#3 hyacinthlawyer

hyacinthlawyer

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 08:38 PM

Just wondering if anyone else is taking Ambien and Seroquel for sleep. I do not have any disorders that would require me to take Seroquel for anything other than sleep. Ambien by itself has not been working well lately, and I have not been feeling rested. However, I discovered by combining it with Seroquel that I am actually able to sleep through the night and not wake up numerous times.

Jim

Be careful with Ambien. Even people who don't drink alcohol when they take it can end up "sleepwalking", including driving and stuff like that. Doing things you don't remember. I'm taking Lunesta and it works good for me. The only thing I like better about the Ambien is that I feel it more quickly than I do the Lunesta. That may be because I was drinking alcohol when I was taking Ambien, and in any event, I am adjusting to the difference. Good luck.
hyacinthlawyer

#4 klains

klains

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:30 AM

Jim

My mom is actually taking both, but has been for a few years, works for the most part . She was just given Lexapro and still takes the seroquel and ambian and lorezepam. And is having trouble sleeping sense the lexapro was just introduced.

#5 athena123

athena123

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:35 PM

Jim

I find that 50 mg of seroquel on its own is very effective in helping me sleep, with no side effects other than a bit of weight gain (hungry).

#6 Avian86

Avian86

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 05:00 PM

Tolerance builds up quickly to Z drugs (Ambien, Lunesta, Imovane etc). You can only take them for a max of 6 months before they are rendered completely useless and a drug holiday is needed.

#7 Lori123

Lori123

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:45 PM

My doctor prescribed Seroquel for me for a while as a sleep aid. It didn't help -- I still had to take Ambien or something else. Plus, I ended up with some scary and weird side effects from the Seroquel. When that started, I got off it right away.

My depression is better now, but I still have a little trouble gettting to sleep. I've found that Clonopin works great. I've also got some leftover Ativan and Xanax that were originally prescribed for anxiety, but they made me too sleepy. So now I just take one of those if I need help falling asleep.

Ambien worked great for me, but I was afraid of becoming addicted to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users