Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Depakine (sodium Valproate)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jay_Man

Jay_Man

Advanced Member

ID: 36113

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:04 AM

I have just come back from my Pdoc session and he has finally given me what i thought would help my newly diagnosed bipolar II disorder.
as well as the Serequel i am also taking a proper mood stabilzer (Depakine)! as been added he thinks this is a good mood stabilzer along with
serequel. i told him no lithium and if there was another option. I am currently on starting, tonight 500mg of Depakine and 100mg of serequel
which has been upped from 50mg, all this will be taken at bedtime, after 3 days on 500mg i will increase the Depakine teice a day morning and
evening, and most likely increasing serequel to a max dose of 300mg in the next couple of weeks. The only problem is that i had my last dose of effexor
in the morning which is finished for good now and i am also tapering down of klonopin, I think if i can taper the klonopin to 0 and not have bad withdrawl
from effexor xr i will then start to see how this combo of serequel and Depakine goes.

I would like to know if anyone is on this combo for bipolar or has tried it and had any experiences with it?

anyway wish me luck. :hearts:
"If I continue to do what I've always done,
then Im going to get what I've always got."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users