Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Is Anyone Taking Wellbutrin & Cymbalta Together??

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 TiredJoy1273

TiredJoy1273

Just Registered

ID: 36678

• Just Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:05 PM

Hi I just joined. I found the site while looking for information on taking Wellbutrin & Cymbalta together.

Today my family doctor told me to stop taking my Celexa 20 mg. and to start taking Cymbalta 60 mg. I am already on wellbutrin 200 mg 2 x a day. Is anyone taking these two together??

I am concerned about just switching meds in a day. He also wants me to seek counsuling. I have neer been to a therapist before so I am not sure that I am ready to do that, but since part of my original problem was anger issues this medication change does make me nervous.

#2 knitter

knitter

ID: 7137

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:12 PM

Hi I just joined. I found the site while looking for information on taking Wellbutrin & Cymbalta together.

Today my family doctor told me to stop taking my Celexa 20 mg. and to start taking Cymbalta 60 mg. I am already on wellbutrin 200 mg 2 x a day. Is anyone taking these two together??

I am concerned about just switching meds in a day. He also wants me to seek counsuling. I have neer been to a therapist before so I am not sure that I am ready to do that, but since part of my original problem was anger issues this medication change does make me nervous.

yes i take both have for a couple of years.. i went to a phyc dr and he gave it to me.. i was scared to death to go. but he was the best thing that ever happened to me. i have been depressed for over 20 years.been on every kind of medicine. those phyc doctors realy know what they are doing with the meds..hope this has helped.. good luck to you

#3 bankerkys

bankerkys

ID: 36692

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:41 AM

I was taking both together - great combo. I recently switched to Pristiq because of bad constipation on Cymbalta (I still take Wellbutrin though - 300mg XL).

#4 Jaskom

Jaskom

Just Registered

ID: 36754

• Just Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:04 AM

I was taking both together - great combo. I recently switched to Pristiq because of bad constipation on Cymbalta (I still take Wellbutrin though - 300mg XL).

Same here! I like Wellbutrin a lot. I do not, however, like the generic version of Wellbutrin XL.

#5 love2spin

love2spin

ID: 34836

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 05:15 PM

yes i take both have for a couple of years.. i went to a phyc dr and he gave it to me.. i was scared to death to go. but he was the best thing that ever happened to me. i have been depressed for over 20 years.been on every kind of medicine. those phyc doctors realy know what they are doing with the meds..hope this has helped.. good luck to you

How do you stay patient looking for the right meds when you dont feel good?

#6 jellybean27

jellybean27

ID: 33004

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 07:28 PM

hey sweetie :hearts: i was on the 2 for quite a while but i just recently stopped the wellbutrin even though i love the med, but the 2 together was making me very tired. I hope they work for u! Good Luck! XOXO

~ My hope for a good life is porportionate to my forgiving heart.

Happiness is within my power. ~

~ I need courage to face the truth; and the truth will strengthen me ~
Posted Image

#7 fretless

fretless

ID: 36803

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:44 PM

Hello -

New to this site. Was on Bupropion for 5 weeks and it did nothing except give me headaches. Doc put me on Cymbalta. Now on day 5. Already it seems to be having some effect on what I'm taking it for (MDD). My dosing schedule is a follows: 20mg for the first week, then 30mg for second, then 40mg for the third, when I go back to the doc for evaluation, and we'll see where we go from there. So far, I seem to have avoided most of the side effects, except:

1. some headaches
2. I seem to crash once a day or so and get very tired and lethargic. This usually comes with a mild headache.

Eating seems to maybe help somewhat, perhaps a drop in blood sugar is the issue. Not sure yet.

My wife has physical challenges and we have two young boys (5 and 10 years), so when I get tired and lethargic, it's hard to find time to rest.

Just reading other's posts here have been helpful. Thanks for all the support everyone!

#8 Architect

Architect

Just Registered

ID: 36832

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:07 PM

Me being new to this site, I entered your same question today online and this site came up. I have been taking Cymbalta 60 and Wellbutrin 300xl for about 2 years now. I have to say it seems to work very well. Especially with the anger. However at times I feel like its not working at all, like i have been taking a placebo drug, especially here lately. All the same feelings of lows and highs seem to reacure. It was hard for me to ever tell anybody at first anything was going on with me, especially since i lived with this since i could remember as a kid. Which the wife already new. But here latley all the paranoya, guilt, and feelings of just being alone have seemed to pop back up even with taking these on schedule. I know i need to go back to the doc but i blame it on owning my own business, the economy the way it is and the responsibilty of taking care of the kids. I know this stress doesnt help matters, how ever knowing all this you still feel like you can conquer it.. Wow, where did all that come from? To answer just swithching your meds, i would just leave that to the doc. I hope everything goes well with you my friend.

#9 Guest_Jasminepearls_*

Guest_Jasminepearls_*

ID: 0

• Guests

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:00 PM

I am on Cymbalta 60 mgs a day and Wellbutrin SR 150 mgs a day. My psychiatrist told me that I can take 90 a day of cymbalta but this combo seems to be working ok. I had a depressive crash while on only the Cymbalta so she added the Wellbutrin, which I am no stranger to. The side effects of both so far seem to be slight jittery-ness, dry mouth, no libido (another reason for the Wellbutrin) and getting frustrated more quickly. I have an 8 month old, so my patience is already being tested, hehe.

Edited by Forum Admin, 22 May 2009 - 11:15 AM.
Duplicate memberships are against the TOS

#10 PlumDinger99

PlumDinger99

Silver Member

ID: 537

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:04 PM

I am on Cymbalta 60 mgs a day and Wellbutrin SR 150 mgs a day. My psychiatrist told me that I can take 90 a day of cymbalta but this combo seems to be working ok. I had a depressive crash while on only the Cymbalta so she added the Wellbutrin, which I am no stranger to. The side effects of both so far seem to be slight jittery-ness, dry mouth, no libido (another reason for the Wellbutrin) and getting frustrated more quickly. I have an 8 month old, so my patience is already being tested, hehe.

Whoopsie, lol. This post here is actually mine, I forgot my username a while ago and got that one in the interim...and signed on with it b/c it was saved on my computer. Nevermind that Jasminepearls, she is nothing but trouble. :hearts:

Edited by PlumDinger99, 21 May 2009 - 08:05 PM.

Stay together, friends.
Don't scatter and sleep.

Our friendship is made
of being awake.
~Rumi

#11 Misery8

Misery8

Just Registered

ID: 37227

• Just Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:16 PM

I am new to this site and I'm looking for some help. I too am on Wellbutrin and Cymbalta together. I actually take Bupropion XL, 300mg and Cymbalta 30mg. I've been on the Bupropion for years with no problem. But, since starting the Cymbalta, I have had the jitters, I sweat way too much and I just feel exhausted. I thought Cymbalta was supposed to give you energy? I have to drag myself out of bed in the morning and I fall asleep watching TV on the sofa at night. And I am unable to reach the big "O", which was not problem before this drug. This is the start of my second week on Cymbalta. Will the side effects go away or will I have to deal with this all the time on this drug? I should be cleaning my house right now, but I just don't have the energy. Can anyone help? (Not with cleaning my house, with the side effects of Cymbalta! :hearts: ) Thanks. :flowers: :hearts: Please!!!

Edited by Misery8, 29 May 2009 - 04:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users