Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Any problems switching from Paxil to Prozac?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 frosk

frosk

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 04:32 PM

After 8 years, about to switch to another SSRI to see if it works better. Any experiences? Thanks

E.

#2 lizard

lizard

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 03:06 PM

I had once switched over from Paxil to Prozac, and had no problem at all. Hope your transition goes as smoothly. Let us know...
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says: "I'll try again tomorrow."
Anne Hunninghake

Posted Image

hotlines

#3 frosk

frosk

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 03:32 PM

Lizard,

Did you taper or just switch?

#4 lizard

lizard

• Platinum Member
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 06:30 PM

I think I just switched - but it was several years and ADs ago, and I don't remember clearly.
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says: "I'll try again tomorrow."
Anne Hunninghake

Posted Image

hotlines

#5 starr

starr

Silver Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 03:13 PM

Hi,

I am thinking of switching from paxil to prosac bec of weight gain. My concern is that paxil gets out of your system very fast and prosacx is slow getting into your system, so I am worried about the transition. My pdoc says you shouldn't take both at the same time. Any experiences would be appreciated,

starr

#6 lizard

lizard

• Platinum Member
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 03:40 PM

Starr, several years ago I stopped Paxil and started Prozac, and I had no problem. I usually try to start a new med at the beginning of a quiet weekend, so if there are any side-effects, I have a little time to adjust. But again, that switch was an easy one for me. I hope you do well with it!
Anne Hunninghake

Posted Image

hotlines

#7 starr

starr

Silver Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 06:20 PM

I switched from paxil to prozac over the last month and have had no problems - I tapered off of Paxil while I was gradually going onto the prosac. I was really worried about the switch but thankfully it has gone great. Now if I can just lose the paxil weight gain.

Best wishes everyone,

starr

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users