Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
frosk

Any problems switching from Paxil to Prozac?

7 posts in this topic

Posted

After 8 years, about to switch to another SSRI to see if it works better. Any experiences? Thanks

E.

You might also be interested in:

Posted

I had once switched over from Paxil to Prozac, and had no problem at all. Hope your transition goes as smoothly. Let us know...

Posted

Lizard,

Did you taper or just switch?

Posted

I think I just switched - but it was several years and ADs ago, and I don't remember clearly.

Posted

Hi,

I am thinking of switching from paxil to prosac bec of weight gain. My concern is that paxil gets out of your system very fast and prosacx is slow getting into your system, so I am worried about the transition. My pdoc says you shouldn't take both at the same time. Any experiences would be appreciated,

starr

Posted

Starr, several years ago I stopped Paxil and started Prozac, and I had no problem. I usually try to start a new med at the beginning of a quiet weekend, so if there are any side-effects, I have a little time to adjust. But again, that switch was an easy one for me. I hope you do well with it!

Posted

I switched from paxil to prozac over the last month and have had no problems - I tapered off of Paxil while I was gradually going onto the prosac. I was really worried about the switch but thankfully it has gone great. Now if I can just lose the paxil weight gain.

Best wishes everyone,

starr