Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Fyi About Bupropion At Walmart

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 enclear

enclear

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 07:29 PM

Hi all,

I didn't see a topic here for it nor any identical information in a forum search, so I thought I would post an FYI for those of you who are prescribed bupropion in the 150mg or 300mg a day ER/SR dosage.

The Walmart pharmacist told me they discounted the 150mg ER generic bupropion as a smoking cessation initiative but that I could switch anyway even though I am taking it as an AD - it's the dosage/pill itself that is discounted.

Being without insurance, I have been paying about $121 dollars a month for my bupropion AD prescription and I didn't think I would be able to fill but a week or two of my script this coming month.

I called my doctor and his nurse called in a new prescription and it was $27-and-change for 60 tabs of 150mg ER twice a day :hearts: This is saving me almost a hundred dollars a month. My fluoxetine is on their $10/90-day-supply program, so it was already affordable for me, thankfully.

My doctor prescribed the 100mg generic SR bupropion 2 times a day originally because his pda showed it was the cheapest for me, being without insurance, so he was thrilled to hear about the new discounted bupropion 150's and I figured some of you are surely like me in paying hefty sums of cash for their meds. When he upped the dose to 300mg recently it went from $87 for 60 to about $121 I think for 90, which of course was freaking/stressing me out.

Hope this helps some other cash-payers. I looked online and found the press release about the program she mentioned, it can be found by googling "walmart press release bupropion."

SECONDLY:

Anyone have any problems with Actavis' generic bupropion? That's what Walmart gave me when I filled it this cheaper script. Large white manufacturer's bottle, foil sealed. It's a sustained release but the pill is yellow and doesn't look gloss-coated like the white Watsons I was taking before.

Also, has anyone gotten a bad batch of Watson's bupropion lately? My last refill of them smelled bad (strongly) and the last 2 weeks since I refilled it I've been pretty unstable, up and down like a roller coaster, and appetite suppression fades in an out, 2-3 days no appetite, then 2-3 days of emotional cravings, then back again - very stressing. Walmart wouldn't take them back/swap/credit, but something was definitely wrong with them. The last two refills of them worked beautifully for my depression and I've lost about 20 lbs since the end of January, not sure what happened with this last refill that destabilized everything so much. I've never had a problem with any Watson meds before.

If anyone is interested I'll keep the thread updated with any problems I have with the Actavis generic over the next month or so (starting it in the morning). I expect the side-effects to restart, they always do when my meds are changed even slightly, but they should settle down again within a week or two I would expect.

#2 mladams

mladams

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:28 PM

Hi all,

I didn't see a topic here for it nor any identical information in a forum search, so I thought I would post an FYI for those of you who are prescribed bupropion in the 150mg or 300mg a day ER/SR dosage.

The Walmart pharmacist told me they discounted the 150mg ER generic bupropion as a smoking cessation initiative but that I could switch anyway even though I am taking it as an AD - it's the dosage/pill itself that is discounted.

Being without insurance, I have been paying about $121 dollars a month for my bupropion AD prescription and I didn't think I would be able to fill but a week or two of my script this coming month.

I called my doctor and his nurse called in a new prescription and it was $27-and-change for 60 tabs of 150mg ER twice a day :hearts: This is saving me almost a hundred dollars a month. My fluoxetine is on their $10/90-day-supply program, so it was already affordable for me, thankfully.

My doctor prescribed the 100mg generic SR bupropion 2 times a day originally because his pda showed it was the cheapest for me, being without insurance, so he was thrilled to hear about the new discounted bupropion 150's and I figured some of you are surely like me in paying hefty sums of cash for their meds. When he upped the dose to 300mg recently it went from $87 for 60 to about $121 I think for 90, which of course was freaking/stressing me out.

Hope this helps some other cash-payers. I looked online and found the press release about the program she mentioned, it can be found by googling "walmart press release bupropion."

SECONDLY:

Anyone have any problems with Actavis' generic bupropion? That's what Walmart gave me when I filled it this cheaper script. Large white manufacturer's bottle, foil sealed. It's a sustained release but the pill is yellow and doesn't look gloss-coated like the white Watsons I was taking before.

Also, has anyone gotten a bad batch of Watson's bupropion lately? My last refill of them smelled bad (strongly) and the last 2 weeks since I refilled it I've been pretty unstable, up and down like a roller coaster, and appetite suppression fades in an out, 2-3 days no appetite, then 2-3 days of emotional cravings, then back again - very stressing. Walmart wouldn't take them back/swap/credit, but something was definitely wrong with them. The last two refills of them worked beautifully for my depression and I've lost about 20 lbs since the end of January, not sure what happened with this last refill that destabilized everything so much. I've never had a problem with any Watson meds before.

If anyone is interested I'll keep the thread updated with any problems I have with the Actavis generic over the next month or so (starting it in the morning). I expect the side-effects to restart, they always do when my meds are changed even slightly, but they should settle down again within a week or two I would expect.

It would be great if you could keep this thread open and up to date as I will be starting this medication and would really like to know if the Walmart meds work as well as others. Money is an issue for me as well so and help I can get is great.
Thanks for starting this thread, it really gives me a little hope that I can get the meds I need and afford them.

#3 Sheepwoman

Sheepwoman

Administrative Mod/Coordinator

• Admin Team- Mod/Administrator
  • 27,850 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:06 PM

There's other options available for cheaper meds. I called the PPA (phone number is in Depression and Med News) for assistance with my meds. They have sites on the Internet that have discount cards for pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies that offer free or very low cost meds, and there's always online pharmacies that have low prices. The legitimate online pharmacies require a prescription. Ones that don't, may substitute another med, send fewer than you ordered or you might not receive anything.

I have the Medicare prescription plan. When the max is reached ($2750), I have to pay for my meds-$1200/month. I got free Lamictal ($4-500) from GSK and supercheap meds (90 day fills for $30US)from a PPA referral.
Sheepwoman
It is not the life I lived; but the life I leave behind. Posted Image
Sheepwoman

God will give you no more than you can handle. This is all a test to see if you are really ready for the good things that are going to come your way. All this pain is going to come back and make me stronger.-Clarence Clemmons 1942-2011

Everything I know, I know because I love. Leo Tolstoy War and Peace

#4 enclear

enclear

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:10 PM

It would be great if you could keep this thread open and up to date as I will be starting this medication and would really like to know if the Walmart meds work as well as others. Money is an issue for me as well so and help I can get is great.
Thanks for starting this thread, it really gives me a little hope that I can get the meds I need and afford them.

If you're just about to start bupropion be prepared for 2-4 weeks of unpleasant side-effects like dry mouth, odd tastes, headache, sleep disturbances, mood-roller-coaster, etc. I must've called my doc 4-5 times a week the first 3 weeks, complaining and wanting to switch, but by the end of the 3rd week I noticed my mood was better, no longer felt actively depressed, and my appetite was significantly reduced (former binge/compulsive eater in depression). I am SO glad I stuck it out because it is treating my depression beautifully (with the exception of the last two weeks on the new batch/refill of Watsons)

Update:
Day two of the Actavis (also from Walmart, and is the brand they are using in their stop-smoking-$27-a-month bupropion program) and I feel a lot more 'activation' and working of the med, mood is very stable.

It's early yet, and usually I feel a lot of side-effects from medication adjustments, but so far it feels more 'stable' all around than the Watsons I've been taking for a few months. I've had no side-effects yet from the switch in brand, but I'm still expecting some at this early point. Don't know why they seem so different, maybe a personal chemistry issue or something, or different binders they're using. I'm very much hoping the Actavis bupropion 150's works out for me because $27 a month can't be beat for someone not on an insurance prescription plan.

Also, for most of the time I've been on the Watson bupropion I've noticed significant reduction in urinary output volume that has been concerning me. Late yesterday and today output has been much more toward being back to normal in frequency and color density. I thought it was the fluoxetine causing the urinary symptoms but now I'm wondering if it's the previous brand of bupropion I was taking.

We'll see in the next 2 weeks or so what the verdict will be. I'll keep the thread updated.

#5 Chickadee

Chickadee

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:02 PM

What a coincidence, I was just asking the same thing about Watson bupropion in the Oh No! Did I Blow It By Switching Dosages? thread!

In my case, in early Feb. I was switched from Watson 100 SR pills to an equivalent dosage of Watson 150 SR pills, and shortly thereafter began a rollercoaster much like the one you describe! The 100s had been working beautifully for me since last summer, and I'm debating asking to be switched back to them when I see the doc tomorrow.

Which Watsons were you taking? It would be very interesting to know, and good luck with the new stuff!

#6 enclear

enclear

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:42 PM

What a coincidence, I was just asking the same thing about Watson bupropion in the Oh No! Did I Blow It By Switching Dosages? thread!

In my case, in early Feb. I was switched from Watson 100 SR pills to an equivalent dosage of Watson 150 SR pills, and shortly thereafter began a rollercoaster much like the one you describe! The 100s had been working beautifully for me since last summer, and I'm debating asking to be switched back to them when I see the doc tomorrow.

Which Watsons were you taking? It would be very interesting to know, and good luck with the new stuff!

I have been taking the Watson 100mg SR white tabs since January 5th of this year. They did well for depression after 3.5 weeks but I always felt something remained unstable - most notably the appetite suppression, very very unstable and stressful swinging up and down.

Two weeks ago I refilled my script and since then my mood, too, had become unstable and compulsive eating returned with a vengeance the last few days I was on the Watsons. I was going to ask doc to change the version anyway (wanted the XL in hopes of greater stability) but then I found out about Walmart's stop-smoking discount to $27/month on the 150's in the SR/ER version of bupropion and went for that because of the large chunk of money saved.

So far so good on the new ones, proactive 'activation' and proactive appetite suppression are both back since switching to the Actavis bupropion 150mg SR/ER a couple days ago. Also feeling relief from adverse urinary side-effects that had gotten much much worse over the last several weeks.

I don't know if it's a bad batch from Watson or something individual that my body didn't like about them, but I'm glad to be switching generic brands - feel better already.

#7 ricardoboricua

ricardoboricua

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:23 PM

Hello there!

I would like to know from people who have tried the original Wellbutrin XL and the WalMart generic Budeprion XL manufactured by Teva.

Thanks in advance
If Speaking is Silver, then, Listening is Gold !

#8 recovery

recovery

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:55 PM

Hello there!

I would like to know from people who have tried the original Wellbutrin XL and the WalMart generic Budeprion XL manufactured by Teva.

Thanks in advance

Hello,

Have used Eon and Watson brands of Wellbutrin 100mg SR and 150mg SR for over a year. The past few refills have been Actavis brand and I noticed they didn't make me feel anxious and angry like the Watson and Eon brands sometimes did. The Actavis 150mg SR has lessened my appetite which neither Eon or Watson brands did. Actavis brand seems to be working for me.

Take care,

Recovery

#9 Darken

Darken

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 12:26 PM

Hello there!

Thanks in advance

Greetings,

I was started on the Brand of Wellbutrin XL and switched to the Teva brand, my expereince was dramatic as the Teva gave me severe headaches and major chest pain, until I finally got the insurance company to approve the brand (but only year to year). If you read around here you'll see many posts about this particular generic, it tends to release faster then the brand XL which can give you a boost in the morning and fading results at night...for some it might work fine, for me it was awful.
........__o -----------> Get out and exercise believe me it helps!
....._ \<,_ -----------> I'm riding for blood cancer victims this year
....(_)/ (_) -----------> I'll be raising money while cycling over 4,000 miles!

There is no better treatment for depression then the support of your family.

Suicide Help on DF

#10 angel0713

angel0713

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 11:17 AM

How are you doing on the Wellbutrin from Walmart? I am going to have mine filled there also and wondered how it was working for you? I am on Watson now and it is making me sleepy and eat everything in site. Let me know.... :hearts:

Angel

#11 angel0713

angel0713

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:20 AM

How are you doing on the Wellbutrin from Walmart? I am going to have mine filled there also and wondered how it was working for you? I am on Watson now and it is making me sleepy and eat everything in site. Let me know.... :hearts:

Angel

Enclear....just wanting to know how things are going? I will be getting my prescption filled at walmart soon. Hope to hear good new from you. Also thanks for sharing your info. I was paying full price for Wellbutrin SR (generic) now I will save $30. To me that helps a lot right now.

Angel

Edited by angel0713, 22 April 2009 - 11:22 AM.

#12 enclear

enclear

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:53 AM

It has helped me a lot too, I wouldn't have been able to fill my bupropion this past month if I hadn't noticed that large black box at the bottom of Walmart's generic prescription list online that mentions bupropion and a smoking-cessation program. I figured that if they have a 'starter pack' for $9 then surely they have some version of a 30-day bupropion supply at a similarly discounted price. Did a google search and found Walmart's press release from January I think, announcing the discounted medication. Called doc and he had the nurse call in a new prescription for the 150mg pills and that was that.

Hopefully they continue this program indefinitely and eventually add bupropion to their $10/90-day generics program.

#13 enclear

enclear

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:59 AM

Hello,

Have used Eon and Watson brands of Wellbutrin 100mg SR and 150mg SR for over a year. The past few refills have been Actavis brand and I noticed they didn't make me feel anxious and angry like the Watson and Eon brands sometimes did. The Actavis 150mg SR has lessened my appetite which neither Eon or Watson brands did. Actavis brand seems to be working for me.

Take care,

Recovery

I am MUCH more stable on the Actavis brand, consistently stable. The mood is very level and 'activating', and the side-effect of appetite suppression (very welcomed for me) stabilized to a more constant effect. The Watsons swung me back and forth every few days to a week, which it was very frustrating of course.

It's strange because every other medication from Watson I've ever taken has been top-notch quality. They must be outsourcing these days or something.

#14 jimbow15

jimbow15

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,241 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 02:49 PM

Hi,

Ds any find the cheaper/generic brands less effective than others??

Jim Bow
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed." Albert E.

Information supplied on Depression Forums by members should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for medical advice from a health professional or doctor.

#15 ricardoboricua

ricardoboricua

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:03 PM

Hello Jim!

Hope u r doing fine today.

Yes I have noticed a substancial difference among 2 generic versions of Wellbutrin XL.

I first tried Brand Name Wellbutrin but now I can not afford it and had to go generic.

The first one I tried was made by TEVA Pharmaceutical which I found that they are located in Israel.

The TEVA version was horrendous, it made me very anxious during the mornings and then gave me an afternoon crash with small depressive episodes and irritability.

I switched to another pharmacy and found out they had the WATSON Pharmaceutical generic version
which works way better that the Teva version and it is made in the U.S.
If Speaking is Silver, then, Listening is Gold !

#16 Darken

Darken

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 01:21 PM

This is consistant with what maybe members have said. I myself had a terrible expereince with Teva and was switched to the brand...sure it costed more but I have no issues with it at all. Many people have mentioned the Watson as the 'preferred generic' but I haven't located in my area to this point
........__o -----------> Get out and exercise believe me it helps!
....._ \<,_ -----------> I'm riding for blood cancer victims this year
....(_)/ (_) -----------> I'll be raising money while cycling over 4,000 miles!

There is no better treatment for depression then the support of your family.

Suicide Help on DF

#17 jimbow15

jimbow15

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,241 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 01:37 PM

Hi - Generic Prozac, (Fluoxetine)

I was very surprised to find I could get Fluoxetine from as little as £1.50p x 30 capsules (india) - up to £30 x 30 capsules (Prozac - it used to be £12 last month!!!)

However it trial and error i they are going to work as effectively as Prozac.

How are drug companies able to make so much money!!

Sorry just realised this is a Bupropion forum?

Jim Bow
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed." Albert E.

Information supplied on Depression Forums by members should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for medical advice from a health professional or doctor.

#18 roofr

roofr

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:48 PM

Hi,

Jim Bow

I have. I got the Actavis brand instead of the other generic (the other one was white, coated). This is the yellow one with A133. It has been a week or so and within a day or two I started having anxiety attacks (which I hadn't had in awhile) and was depressed. I had a couple of the old brand left so for the next 2-3 days I took one of each (i take two). I started feeling a lot better but now I am out of the old brand and am worried. Today wasn't so hot, second day with only the actavis pill

#19 Bogie

Bogie

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:01 PM

Angel

Angel:

I just had Wal Mart fill my script with the Actavis formulation. Took the first dose this afternoon. I would love to hear how things are going for you on the Watson.

Peace,
Bogie

#20 Bogie

Bogie

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:02 PM

Hi,

Jim Bow

I have. I got the Actavis brand instead of the other generic (the other one was white, coated). This is the yellow one with A133. It has been a week or so and within a day or two I started having anxiety attacks (which I hadn't had in awhile) and was depressed. I had a couple of the old brand left so for the next 2-3 days I took one of each (i take two). I started feeling a lot better but now I am out of the old brand and am worried. Today wasn't so hot, second day with only the actavis pill

roofr:

How are things for you on the Actavis version? I just got that from WalMart and would really like to know how you're faring.

Peace,
Bogie

#21 Bogie

Bogie

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:04 PM

Hello,

Take care,

Recovery

I am MUCH more stable on the Actavis brand, consistently stable. The mood is very level and 'activating', and the side-effect of appetite suppression (very welcomed for me) stabilized to a more constant effect. The Watsons swung me back and forth every few days to a week, which it was very frustrating of course.

It's strange because every other medication from Watson I've ever taken has been top-notch quality. They must be outsourcing these days or something.

enclear:

I would love to have an update from you about your experience with the Actavis version. Could you post again on this?

Peace,
Bogie

#22 recovery

recovery

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:20 PM

Hello,

Take care,

Recovery

enclear:

I would love to have an update from you about your experience with the Actavis version. Could you post again on this?

Peace,
Bogie

Hi Bogie,

I'm still having success with Actavis Bupropion 150mg SR. Hope it works for you, too.

Take care,

Recovery

#23 enclear

enclear

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:29 PM

enclear:

Peace,
Bogie

Hi Bogie, the Actavis brand is still working great for me - when I remember to take my doses on time. I'm bad about that, taking the morning dose late and the evening dose early. After a week or two of that, I start feeling like the meds are not working, but then I realize that I'm going 17-18 hours between doses sometimes and the blood levels of the meds are inconsistent. I start feeling better again though once I get back on schedule.

#24 nimue888

nimue888

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:18 PM

[b]Okay, whew...
I was worried, I started BuprpionXL 150mg (Actavis) 6 days ago and today have finally a chance to do some research, only to read a lot of negative comments\side effects. about generic i.e. Teva. Sounds like Actavis not so bad.
Hard to say how it is helping at this point...under a lot of stress as it is only to be compounded by my fathers terminal illness. We are very close and it is absolutely breaking my heart.
Suffice it to say, I am a mess, but I think I feel a bit more placid and somewhat energetic. Been crying a lot, if anything it feels better just let it go instead of trying so hard to hold it in. Sleeping well enough. Looking forward to weight loss side effect.

Just an observation: Having been a thin person for most of my life and probably depressed to some degree for a lot of it, I realize now that I probably do need to be on an antidepressant always. I have had good luck on some ADs not so good on others, but never any extreme side effets that I have read about...just minor ones. But I will say this, being over weight is the most depressing thing of all. It effects every aspect of my life.
The last time I was on an antidepressant for any length of time, I had good results with weight loss, it absolutely fell off. Truly, probably over a years time, give or take, I lost 65 pounds and while I still had\have some issues, I felt so much better about myself.

Anyway, glad to see that the brand I am on is working well for others.....heres hoping!

#25 wedahcsas

wedahcsas

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 12:45 PM

I am 3 weeks into switching to walmart actavis bupropion 150 XL and I feel horrible. I am trying to find a way to get back to global. I was so excited to save money I didn't even consider one brand to be different from another. I think everyone is different but for me the actavis brand is NOT working. Maybe if that was the first brand I took?
The actavis is 45. a month compared to 150. mo for Global.
Maybe if I try it for longer?
*sigh*

#26 enclear

enclear

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:07 PM

I am 3 weeks into switching to walmart actavis bupropion 150 XL and I feel horrible. I am trying to find a way to get back to global. I was so excited to save money I didn't even consider one brand to be different from another. I think everyone is different but for me the actavis brand is NOT working. Maybe if that was the first brand I took?
The actavis is 45. a month compared to 150. mo for Global.
Maybe if I try it for longer?
*sigh*

For many, changing brands is as unsettling as changing or starting meds for the first time. Everyone reacts differently to the 'inert' fillers in the pills and find that, for whatever reason, the brand they first started on is the only one that works.

When I first started Wellbutrin, it took 3.5 weeks just to *start* noticing a reduction in side-effects. I started on Watson brand, and at first they were ok but never really stabilized. Then after a few months i felt really bad again, and the pills stunk, so I talked to my doc when I found that Walmart carried a discounted brand of it. For me it works much better than the brand I started on.

If you feel depression spiraling out of control definitely talk to your doctor and/or pharmacist. Personally I would give it 1-2 more weeks if I could tolerate it, but that's me.

#27 smtownboi

smtownboi

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:04 AM

if you're just about to start bupropion be prepared for 2-4 weeks of unpleasant side-effects like dry mouth, odd tastes, headache, sleep disturbances, mood-roller-coaster, etc. I must've called my doc 4-5 times a week the first 3 weeks, complaining and wanting to switch, but by the end of the 3rd week I noticed my mood was better, no longer felt actively depressed, and my appetite was significantly reduced (former binge/compulsive eater in depression). I am SO glad I stuck it out because it is treating my depression beautifully (with the exception of the last two weeks on the new batch/refill of Watsons)

That's where I currently am. I am on day 4 of my Walmart Welbutrin and it has been a rough few days. I hope as the weeks go on the side effects, while present begin to at least lessen in strength. Yesterday after reading some of the postings I felt so deflated. Why am I doing this to myself I thought? Some were saying expect up to 8 weeks of side effects. I just can't go through this that long. 2 - 4 weeks....possibly. lol

It is so nice to hear someone say that they're glad they stuck it out. It gives me hope. I serisouly considered calling my doctor today and telling him to put me back on the Effexor. School's going to be starting up for me again soon (my last semester) and I really need to be top of my game. I still feel conflicted if I'm really only doing this in order to have a sex drive again. I was just feeling the Effexor had lost some of it's potentcy. Maybe I should've just had my Dr. up that and be happy with Levitra for the intimate times. I'm so conflicted inside, always afraid I'm making the wrong decision. I'm going to read the threads of Positive Welburtrin Stories. I'm hoping that will help me and relax me.

ANYONE feel free to write me...it's nice to know there are others in the same boat as me.

Jason

#28 infinite.sadness.

infinite.sadness.

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:34 AM

Anyone else get a hard time about getting the smoking cessation welburtrin at walmart? I hate asking for it, but money is tight. The kid yesterday told me he would give it to me. When I paid I thought the total seemed high but I was in a hurry. I looked at my order history and I usually paid $31.84 and yesterday they charged me $44.84. I told him to look at my history and see that I have been getting the smoking cessation one. The pharmacist even told the kid that they are the same.

#29 doody

doody

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:31 PM

I'm on my third attempt at using bupropion for smoking. After calling around and found that wal-mart was cheap I went the Actavis route. I previously had the Sandoz generic which worked amazing, unfortuatly after a change in insurance I couldn't afford $200+ for the drug...back to smoking.

The actavis brand is coming on 4 weeks, I feel as if I'm smoking more, before it only took 5 to 7 days and I was smoke free! With the Sandoz generic I would get insomnia that would last upto 4 days. After taking the Actavis for a few days I slept solid everynight. I was loving that part...until two weeks passed and relized Wal Mart's roll back Actavis wasn't doing a d*** thing. I'm not sure what bupropion does for depression but I have not had a single change in mood or appetite. On Sandoz I felt sort-of numb...like a careless feeling.

I checked with Target and their generic bupropion is $32 (Watson brand). I think I'm going to switch the next refill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users