Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Can't Get Out Of My Own Head.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ingriddd

ingriddd

ID: 34802

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:26 PM

I feel as if I'm trapped and can't get anything out, I know I need to talk to some one, to vent but it seems like every time I try to nothing leaves my mouth, It takes me minutes to think of a reply to a simple question. When ever I'm around people or on the phone with them I just don't say anything, can't say anything, I just have nothing to say anymore, nothing to think, Everyday, Every hour I feel different in extreme ways and I can't get anything out.
Any suggestions?

#2 sonotfair

sonotfair

ID: 34841

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:31 PM

Your not alone on these feelings. I'm new here also. Reading past post, seeing that others are feeling the same way, kind of helps. Our heads can think up the worst thing we can imagine.

#3 mandii

mandii

ID: 34398

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:18 AM

Your not alone on these feelings. I'm new here also. Reading past post, seeing that others are feeling the same way, kind of helps. Our heads can think up the worst thing we can imagine.

I am also a newie. Im constantly thinking about what i am going to reply to the simplist of questions. I get tongue tied, and forget what was asked and what im going to say. Just concentrating on the simplist every day things is a challenge for me. I also when the phone rings dont know what to say, to people i know, its horrible. Your not the only 1 that feels this way, ur probably tame compared to me, but just remember u arent alone hun :hearts:

#4 lizzy100

lizzy100

Advanced Member

ID: 25622

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:59 AM

try writing things down? when i feel my worse i keep a journal of my feelings and i have been known to write letters to my doc telling her how i feel because i couldnt say it out loud.

#5 SavannahFaith

SavannahFaith

ID: 34757

• PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:03 PM

Oh (((ingriddd)))

You've been through so much. I think you're just overwhelmed by it.

You don't have to force it. You don't have to have all the words right now, but you don't have to hold it in either. You have permission to do whatever feels safest and easiest right now.

If it were me, I'd pick up my journal and start writing. I'd write about anything I felt -- even if I felt nothing, I'd write about the nothing. Don't worry about what you write. Don't worry if it sounds crazy or silly or embarrassing. Just write because nobody has to read it but you (and maybe a therapist if you decided to share it).

Or I'd paint. Try to paint the numb. What color is silence? Again, doesn't have to be anything, can just be blobs of color. Just let go and let the colors express your feelings.

I find when I'm depressed, I paint with a lot of red and black.

What color is your grief?

Take care,
Savannah

#6 mmoose

mmoose

ID: 1405

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:10 PM

When I'm stuck in my head, I like to excersize it out. Nothing like physical exhaustion to beat down any of my psychological defenses.

p.s., don't get stuck in my head, it's not fun.
martymoose

#7 cinderbelle

cinderbelle

Advanced Member

ID: 32266

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:48 PM

i think the others a right, u should get a journal and write down watever u feel, wenever even if u feel nothing, or even when ur feeling something write it on here, and see what people have to say

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users