Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Wellbutrin(generic) And Loss Of Appetite

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 clementine

clementine

Just Registered

ID: 33952

• Just Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:14 AM

How normal is it to have a loss of appetite on Wellbutrin SR? This is my first week on it but I've been getting things done, staying busy, and not really caring if I have food or not. It's not a good thing necessarily, as I weigh 105 right now. I have been making sure I get my calories but it's like I have to make myself eat oatmeal at 9 pm just for calorie's sake.

I think it may already be working, which is weird. I hope that when I go to 300 mgs it is even better.

#2 amakgv

amakgv

ID: 32950

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:58 AM

It's a very common side effect, and usually it goes away over time and you'll get back to normal. Some people it sticks around long-term though. It's good that you are aware of it, and continue to take care of yourself.
~Amanda~

"You catch the moon, I'll just stand here and run in place, shell-shocked and half-cocked"

#3 ophelia123

ophelia123

ID: 32708

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:03 PM

hey clementine,
loss of appetite with wellbutrin is common. i've been on it twice and lost weight both times in the first few weeks. i've been on celexa for a few weeks now and also have no appetite. i have to force myself to eat. just keep taking care of yourself.
i don't know about you but when i do feel like eating all i want to eat is junk, mostly carbs. not good, but i guess better than not eating at all.
i also find it especially hard to eat in the morning.

#4 Mathematica

Mathematica

Just Registered

ID: 35503

• Just Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:54 PM

hey clementine,
loss of appetite with wellbutrin is common. i've been on it twice and lost weight both times in the first few weeks. i've been on celexa for a few weeks now and also have no appetite. i have to force myself to eat. just keep taking care of yourself.
i don't know about you but when i do feel like eating all i want to eat is junk, mostly carbs. not good, but i guess better than not eating at all.
i also find it especially hard to eat in the morning.

I started wellbutrin about 2 week back and have noticed its effect on my appetite. I find myself less hungry at lunch time and a few times have gone to bed without dinner. I find the craving for junk food and carbs, too.

#5 DiesIrae

DiesIrae

ID: 28123

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:45 PM

I've been on Bupropion for six months, and I'm still without any appetite. I've lost fifteen pounds since I started on it; I'm down to 120 on a 5'8" frame... :hearts:
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” – Buddha
I hope, whoever you are, that the world turns, and that things get better, and I hope most of all is you understand what I mean when I say that even though I do not know you, and I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you...I love you. With all my heart, I love you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users