Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
clementine

Wellbutrin(generic) And Loss Of Appetite

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Advertisement

How normal is it to have a loss of appetite on Wellbutrin SR? This is my first week on it but I've been getting things done, staying busy, and not really caring if I have food or not. It's not a good thing necessarily, as I weigh 105 right now. I have been making sure I get my calories but it's like I have to make myself eat oatmeal at 9 pm just for calorie's sake.

I think it may already be working, which is weird. I hope that when I go to 300 mgs it is even better.

You might also be interested in:

Posted

It's a very common side effect, and usually it goes away over time and you'll get back to normal. Some people it sticks around long-term though. It's good that you are aware of it, and continue to take care of yourself.

Posted

hey clementine,

loss of appetite with wellbutrin is common. i've been on it twice and lost weight both times in the first few weeks. i've been on celexa for a few weeks now and also have no appetite. i have to force myself to eat. just keep taking care of yourself.

i don't know about you but when i do feel like eating all i want to eat is junk, mostly carbs. not good, but i guess better than not eating at all.

i also find it especially hard to eat in the morning.

Posted

hey clementine,

loss of appetite with wellbutrin is common. i've been on it twice and lost weight both times in the first few weeks. i've been on celexa for a few weeks now and also have no appetite. i have to force myself to eat. just keep taking care of yourself.

i don't know about you but when i do feel like eating all i want to eat is junk, mostly carbs. not good, but i guess better than not eating at all.

i also find it especially hard to eat in the morning.

I started wellbutrin about 2 week back and have noticed its effect on my appetite. I find myself less hungry at lunch time and a few times have gone to bed without dinner. I find the craving for junk food and carbs, too.

Posted

I've been on Bupropion for six months, and I'm still without any appetite. I've lost fifteen pounds since I started on it; I'm down to 120 on a 5'8" frame... :hearts: