• Announcements

• Lindsay

Depression Forums Are Back Online!   02/09/2016

Hello Members! Please understand that this upgrade was huge and is a process that will be ongoing for a tad longer. Somethings may not seem 'right' or look a bit 'strange' at the moment, such as your profile page or "Quotes" etc.. Some things may not work as expected... for the time being, but please appreciate that we have to prioritize function over appearance. Eventually DF will all come together and be wonderful! It will be as if nothing had ever changed... As an afterthought...DF will be ACCESSIBLE ANYTIME/ANYWHERE
      Whether you’re on your smartphone, tablet or computer, access to Depressionforums.org/forums is right at your fingertips with our new upgrade. The
      refreshing, dynamic look translates across all platforms and devices.
      Come join up, become a member if not already! It’s free to post to your peers about anything that is troubling you.  We are certain there is a Forum for that. Tomorrow we will have a Forum set up for members to answer any questions that you may have about the upgrade. We really appreciate all of your feedback! Your Forum Administrators
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sky

Spliting dosage

7 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post  

I was wondering if any one takes there meds at dffernt times. for example i can normall only stomach 30mg tablets so have been asked to take 30mgs in the morning and another 30mgs later in the day. was wondering if any one else does this and what the outcome was.

Posted · Report post  

I guess all you can do is try this. I know when I first went ont his meds, 30mg. was the start up dose and it was rather hard on my stomach. I'll have to go back and review my posts to see what happened, as I remember it was a hard start. I just wanted you to know that someone is always lurking around here, as this room has been quiet for sometime.

Where did everyone go, lol! :hearts:

Posted · Report post  

I read where I was taking stomach acid reducers after I started 60mg. to get through the start ups.

Anyone else out there still on Cymbalta?

Posted · Report post  

Thanks.

Well ive been taken them now a couple of days and i really dont like the effects it having on me. i feel so spacedout and doped its horrible. im not safe to drive and im ment to be going back to work on monday.

Posted · Report post  

Some do well on 30mg. The start ups for ad's usually are the pits! Guess you'll be calling the doc..... :hearts:

Posted · Report post  

well i spoke to my doctor he said to take 2 pills one day and 1 the next and so one for a week or so to see if that maks a difference f it doesnt then i will just need to stick on 30mgs or chance ad's yet again which i really dont wish to do.

Posted · Report post  

I could only stomach 20 mg. when I first started. After the side-effects eased, I moved it up to 30 mg. This seems to be working for me, although I'd try ramping up the dose again if the depression worsens.

If the every-other day approach doesn't work but you need to work up to 60 mgs., you could talk to your doc about moving up to 40 mg. for a while, then 50, then 60, ramping up each time after the side-effects calm down. Just a thought...